911 - Angela Bassett and Ryan Murphy Re-Team on FOX

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
‘911’ Drama Starring Angela Bassett From Ryan Murphy & Brad Falchuk To Get Fox Series Order
American Horror Story co-star Angela Bassett is reuniting with the hit anthology series’ creators, Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk. I hear Bassett is set to star in 911, a drama project from Murphy and Falchuk, which is getting a 13-episode straight-to-series order at Fox. 20th Century Fox TV, where Murphy is based, is the studio.

Details about the show, written and executive produced by Murphy and Falchuk, are sketchy, but I hear it is in the vein of ER and revolves around 911 operators. Bassett also is executive producing.

911, which is targeting a midseason launch, is expected to be announced Monday at Fox’s upfront presentation. The network and 20th TV had no comment.
A straight procedural would be new for Ryan Murphy. Not sure if I should be expecting a twist or what...

I thought this was was going to be a Rescue 911 reboot show with Angela Basset being the new host or something. Damn I miss that show!

This sounds interesting too though, I liked ER.

‘9-1-1’: Peter Krause To Star In Ryan Murphy’s Fox Series, McG To Direct, Tim Minear To Showrun
Written and executive produced by Murphy and Falchuk, 9-1-1 is a procedural drama that explores the high-pressure experiences of police, paramedics and firefighters who are thrust into the most frightening, shocking and heart-stopping situations. These emergency responders must try to balance saving those who are at their most vulnerable with solving the problems in their own lives.
Weird for Murphy to not direct at least the premiere episode of a show he's involved in.

I actually had a pretty good time with this one.

Does it feel Ryan Murphy-ish?

I didn't think so, in fact I had forgotten he was involved, probably because nobody was screaming, lol. Still, it was a decent opener and I'm willing to keep watching it a while. :)

I thought it was ok. Definitely could be really good and isnt like other shows on tv. The young cop guy was hot.

Enjoyed the first ep. Will give it a shot.

I was feeling the first episode. 2nd episode not so much. Abby (Connie) already going after fire-hottie and of course fire-hottie sleeps with his therapist....oy vey.

Last edited:
One big gripe -- I have never been on a rollercoaster that went upside down that didn't have the heavy shoulder harnesses that clap you down in your seat and buckle to the bottom so you can't fall out.

Im trying to remember myself but Im pretty sure Ive been on some that were pretty much the same as seen in the show.

Im trying to remember myself but Im pretty sure Ive been on some that were pretty much the same as seen in the show.
Maybe around 40 years ago before a customer fell to his death. Somewhere in the 80s the big parks all retrofitted their cars.

I've had lap bars for big hills and steep curves, but never for full on upside like that was.

I've definitely had lap bars and I know I've had shoulder thing but I couldve sworn Ive done without the shoulder things for rides that have gone upside down buts its been a good 8sh years.

At the very least i certainly wouldnt go on an upside down coaster without one. :(

I think they really need to cut down on the amount of recuse missions they go on and try to focus a bit more on the characters in their work environment.

Well the show is choppy already. The firefighter backed out on the second rescue and then they never showed that rescue even after building up the window washers almost falling. They were suddenly next in thelocker room and I was a bit surprised by it. We never did see if the rescue came out okay.

Yeah this seems like it will be the choppiest first season of any RM show that I've watched.

Renewed
I was feeling the first episode. 2nd episode not so much. Abby (Connie) already going after fire-hottie and of course fire-hottie sleeps with his therapist....oy vey.
Yeah, I don't know who the hell thought it was a good idea to follow episode one up with... an episode mainly focusing on the rookie, but... don't do that again. :o

I have heard of fast triggers to cancel a show but a renewal after the second episode? I guess they are locking in the stars for the reboot.

It's better than the Gifted and that got renewed. :)

Step up from the 2nd episode but they are just playing fast and furious with this show. We have 1 main character whose kid overdoses and then another "main" character put in serious jeopardy. We are only 3 episodes in, I cant even remember these peoples names much less have any attachment to who they are people to REALLY care about them because I dont even know them yet.

Abby's and Firehotties storyline is forced as hell, she really doesnt have anyone close to her to talk to about her mom? And I hope the 911 aspect of this show didn't live and die with the pilot episode. I want to see more bts action with Abby instead of her just being a voice over.

I think it's a very good decision for the characters in the show to be friends but this is just weird. It would've been better for everyone to be friends so they can get together at the end of the day and talk about their work with one another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"