A bunch of teenage girls beat up a guy on a subway train.

Would it have been wrong if he actually defended himself? On one side of the coin, he would be labeled a racist. On the other side he would be labeled a woman beater. I think he was stuck between a rock and hard place, or however that saying goes. It's truly sad.

exactly.. and thats a prime example of where were stuck, its very similar to that black stripper accusing that college sports team of raping her... even though it was proven false. Those guys almost had there lives ruined because some girl wanted to extort the race card

It might've been worse if he started swinging, seeing as they outnumbered him.

Would it have been wrong if he actually defended himself? On one side of the coin, he would be labeled a racist. On the other side he would be labeled a woman beater. I think he was stuck between a rock and hard place, or however that saying goes. It's truly sad.

Had he kicked all their asses, I wouldn't consider him racist in the slightest

no, rational people wouldn't deem defending oneself as related to race.
and I'd need to know if the girl with the obnoxious red hair was friends with the girls that attacked the guy.
because then, this probably wouldn't be racially motivated.

Yeah, I agree with you Mr Sparkle.

theres a history with everything though... theres just alot of the black community that still thinks its just about race.. when it's not always the case. They just jump to it everytime. If anything most white people are scared of getting there ass kicked or sued over accidentally doing something deemed racist

there's a lot of people in the white community that think it's about race as well.

no, rational people wouldn't deem defending oneself as related to race.
and I'd need to know if the girl with the obnoxious red hair was friends with the girls that attacked the guy.
because then, this probably wouldn't be racially motivated.

the 2 girls (the young one in pink) and the red head, both looked like bystanders who were to scared to even move

exactly.. and thats a prime example of where were stuck, its very similar to that black stripper accusing that college sports team of raping her... even though it was proven false. Those guys almost had there lives ruined because some girl wanted to extort the race card
and their gender.:o

any girl can accuse a guy of rape and sympathy will always lean toward her. the guy's already half-guilty by most people standards.

I don't think there's any way he would've been considered a racist when those girls were the ones harassing him, and it's on video!

there's a lot of people in the white community that think it's about race as well.

to a digree... but other then actual racist white bastards, from what i've seen the race card is thrown when white people seriously are forced into a hole...

for example... every race other then Caucasians can have some college funding. As well as how i mentioned previous things. I also brought up an interesting point in my contemporary art class, we studied a black artist who does alot of paintings based on black face and the old posters and stereotypes. We saw his brief interview and saw his opening in it, full of pretty much all black people as expected. And then we discussed his work. And i asked the teacher, being white... i would be completely unsure if i should like... or want to even buy his work... would one be labeled racist for it? or is it "black only" work?

Not to mention, i have several friends in the entertainment industry and they brought up a good point... most movies (not all but most) "about white people" have to be PC, and bring in some other nationalities (especially on TV), but no other race really has to follow those guidelines... look at how many movies there are with an "all black" cast... (im not saying thats a bad thing at all) i just think there shouldn't be rules like that at all... if you want a movie will all asians, fine, if you want an all white cast thats fine too... but there shouldn't be guidelines or restrictions to it, just to keep "everyone" happy.

Personally, I don't think this attack was about racism or anything like that. I think it's about idiot teenagers trying to look tough or fit in by bullying other people. It happens all the time, sadly enough.

You know, seeing videos like this and the acts people do to each other makes me sick. And the fact they even recorded it, I just don't know whats wrong with the world. Can't anyone get along?

I agree... but sadly people just don't know when to lose a chip off there shoulder and forgive for past things. I'm a very optimistic person, i don't hold grudges and it takes alot to get me mad, im very passive aggressive and just feel like no one should ever have to walk into a room and A) feel they don't like the way someone is looking at them and B) feel at all bothered by it.. learn to shrug it off and realize there the ones with issues. Don't make things worse

to a digree... but other then actual racist white bastards, from what i've seen the race card is thrown when white people seriously are forced into a hole...

for example... every race other then Caucasians can have some college funding. As well as how i mentioned previous things. I also brought up an interesting point in my contemporary art class, we studied a black artist who does alot of paintings based on black face and the old posters and stereotypes. We saw his brief interview and saw his opening in it, full of pretty much all black people as expected. And then we discussed his work. And i asked the teacher, being white... i would be completely unsure if i should like... or want to even buy his work... would one be labeled racist for it? or is it "black only" work?

Not to mention, i have several friends in the entertainment industry and they brought up a good point... most movies (not all but most) "about white people" have to be PC, and bring in some other nationalities (especially on TV), but no other race really has to follow those guidelines... look at how many movies there are with an "all black" cast... (im not saying thats a bad thing at all) i just think there shouldn't be rules like that at all... if you want a movie will all asians, fine, if you want an all white cast thats fine too... but there shouldn't be guidelines or restrictions to it, just to keep "everyone" happy.

You have to take into account that there are different audiences there. General or "movies about white people"(which is ridiculous) are meant to appeal to wider audiences so it's in their best interest to present some diversity. The black movies have black casts, tell stories/jokes relevant to the African American culture, and are aimed at other African Americans.:huh:

That and I don't even see how there's some rule that has to be followed by including minorities. There are lots of movies where minorities don't appear for more than a few minutes/seconds.

No need, steel balls :up:
stay away from magnets:csad:

Personally, I don't think this attack was about racism or anything like that. I think it's about idiot teenagers trying to look tough or fit in by bullying other people. It happens all the time, sadly enough.

yes... its just hard to say.. Teens act stupid in general... but i notice alot of ignorant or poorly raised African Americans, at least in LA... act as if "we owe them" and feel its ok to do whatever they want because of it... I don't want to come off racist at all so i hope im not offending anyone, but just like ignorant racist trailer trash, theres people just who A) need to get over things and B) learn respect or shouldn't breed

You have to take into account that there are different audiences there. General or "movies about white people"(which is ridiculous) are meant to appeal to wider audiences so it's in their best interest to present some diversity. The black movies have black casts, tell stories/jokes relevant to the African American culture, and are aimed at other African Americans.:huh:

That and I don't even see how there's some rule that has to be followed by including minorities. There are lots of movies where minorities don't appear for more than a few minutes/seconds.

stay away from magnets:csad:

it's mostly previlant on tv then in movies... but for example with the new spider-man cartoon... the had to stay PC and ethnic so changed Ned Leeds, into an asian Ned Lee

again, kind of but not really.
the problem with people is that they usually forget that **** went down when they weren't even born.
the united Negro college fund for instance was created because Black people as a whole, faced greater difficulty in obtaining a college education, why?
well, while some of them whistled a happy tune and told stories like uncle Remus, some actually had a hard time with advancing in a society not comfortable with using the same drinking fountains as them.
so removing all of these little things ( not really little) and viewing society simply as it is now?
sure, it's definitely easier for a black person to advance in society, and some sector of the black community has entered a stagnation phase.
however, in spite of that, racism is still alive and kicking, unless some magical pixie dust was sprinkled in the last 10 years and things are suddenly OK.
as far as movies go?
yeah, they are pretty dumb and self segregating, but the fact of the matter is that it's not done for the reasons you think, it's not because Hollywood is PC, it's because Hollywood wants money.
Like this GI Joe Movie stupidity I've seen lately. Everyone is in an uproar because they made GI Joe part of the UN. it must be the PC police right?

UH, no.

simply that to appeal to foreign markets they have to make the characters easier to relate to, sure you can associate GI Joe with something cool, but then, you have a cartoon related name on an internet messageboard about comics, so in order to maximize their profit they target specific markets sometimes and broader markets another.

I tend to agree. I hope the dude presses charges.

eh, the reasoning behind that was that the Spider-Man characters originated in the 60s, when it was rare to see minorities appear in any medium. The new show takes place in modern day so they're trying to reflect contemporary times. I'm not sure how I feel about the changes, but I understand it.

it's mostly previlant on tv then in movies... but for example with the new spider-man cartoon... the had to stay PC and ethnic so changed Ned Leeds, into an asian Ned Lee

so, you're against diversity?
I mean, it's weird cuz I honestly can't tell.

again, kind of but not really.
the problem with people is that they usually forget that **** went down when they weren't even born.
the united Negro college fund for instance was created because Black people as a whole, faced greater difficulty in obtaining a college education, why?
well, while some of them whistled a happy tune and told stories like uncle Remus, some actually had a hard time with advancing in a society not comfortable with using the same drinking fountains as them.
so removing all of these little things ( not really little) and viewing society simply as it is now?
sure, it's definitely easier for a black person to advance in society, and some sector of the black community has entered a stagnation phase.
however, in spite of that, racism is still alive and kicking, unless some magical pixie dust was sprinkled in the last 10 years and things are suddenly OK.
as far as movies go?
yeah, they are pretty dumb and self segregating, but the fact of the matter is that it's not done for the reasons you think, it's not because Hollywood is PC, it's because Hollywood wants money.
Like this GI Joe Movie stupidity I've seen lately. Everyone is in an uproar because they made GI Joe part of the UN. it must be the PC police right?

UH, no.

simply that to appeal to foreign markets they have to make the characters easier to relate to, sure you can associate GI Joe with something cool, but then, you have a cartoon related name on an internet messageboard about comics, so in order to maximize their profit they target specific markets sometimes and broader markets another.

im very aware of racism still being around, but i've noticed a big shift in things the last 10 years... for instance many white people i feel in this day in age feel like there being blamed by (black in the same generation) for doing something that most of us weren't even alive for... and because of that many arn't getting the same opportunities that some other races get.

as for the GI joe thing, i wouldnt call that PC at all.. with the negative waters the US has been in over the past few years, a movie boasting the "us army" would not do so hot globally, hell probably not even in our own country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"