A bunch of teenage girls beat up a guy on a subway train.

eh, the reasoning behind that was that the Spider-Man characters originated in the 60s, when it was rare to see minorities appear in any medium. The new show takes place in modern day so they're trying to reflect contemporary times. I'm not sure how I feel about the changes, but I understand it.
which you pretty much just described the term.. PC..

if they wanted to bring other races into it.. then bring in glory grant, more Robbie and his family, calypso, tarantula, or create new supporting cast characters as well.

im very aware of racism still being around, but i've noticed a big shift in things the last 10 years... for instance many white people i feel in this day in age feel like there being blamed by (black in the same generation) for doing something that most of us weren't even alive for... and because of that many arn't getting the same opportunities that some other races get.

but here's something I don't understand.
when black people or any minority is attacked by racists people always say "hey, those people don't speak for us! we're not racists!" but when white people are attacked by members of said minority they immediately assume that this race IS represented by those fringe members.

why do you think that is?

which you pretty much just described the term.. PC..

if they wanted to bring other races into it.. then bring in glory grant, more Robbie and his family, calypso, tarantula, or create new supporting cast characters as well.

Well PC because otherwise it's just unrealistic.

They have an affinity for more of the classic characters and stories. And maybe they just feel more comfortable with the ones they're using.

but here's something I don't understand.
when black people or any minority is attacked by racists people always say "hey, those people don't speak for us! we're not racists!" but when white people are attacked by members of said minority they immediately assume that this race IS represented by those fringe members.

why do you think that is?

you may wanna reword that, im not quite understanding the first part...
white people well we kinda jump on it because were in this weird stance these days where we personally are afraid of being judged as racist, or convicted of something we didn't do but are forced to look like the bad guy. So from what i gather from your question, in said situation, whites are probably afraid of the other race throwing the race card out first... so they do it? I'm not to sure about that, but it sounds like a way of covering ones own ass.

Well PC because otherwise it's just unrealistic.

They have an affinity for more of the classic characters and stories. And maybe they just feel more comfortable with the ones they're using.

ya but creating a character is not a bad thing... hell some great comic characters were created via cartoons. Harley Quinn and Firestar instantly come to mind... theres a third person too... but my minds blank

They aren't interested in doing that. I mean they're bringing in all kinds of obscure characters.

They aren't interested in doing that. I mean they're bringing in all kinds of obscure characters.

erm... so far i've seen nothing more obscure then nods the movies and previous cartoons made...

silvermane, glory grant, golden age superheroes, gwen, ben reilly, doctor stromm, spot, jason macandale, aunt anna, etc....

you may wanna reword that, im not quite understanding the first part...
white people well we kinda jump on it because were in this weird stance these days where we personally are afraid of being judged as racist, or convicted of something we didn't do but are forced to look like the bad guy. So from what i gather from your question, in said situation, whites are probably afraid of the other race throwing the race card out first... so they do it? I'm not to sure about that, but it sounds like a way of covering ones own ass.

no my point is that you yourself said that there are racist people out there on both camps, but when black people feel discriminated against, you'd say " I'm not racist" and therefore you shouldn't be judged by that standard.
however you paint all black people with the " they blame white people " thing, never thinking that just like the Klan doesn't represent you or your ideas, black people blaming you for their ills don't represent black people in general.

erm... so far i've seen nothing more obscure then nods the movies and previous cartoons made...

silvermane, glory grant, golden age superheroes, gwen, ben reilly, doctor stromm, spot, jason macandale, aunt anna, etc....

Peter's high school principal, aunt may's physician, etc.

no my point is that you yourself said that there are racist people out there on both camps, but when black people feel discriminated against, you'd say " I'm not racist" and therefore you shouldn't be judged by that standard.
however you paint all black people with the " they blame white people " thing, never thinking that just like the Klan doesn't represent you or your ideas, black people blaming you for their ills don't represent black people in general.

i dont paint ALL black people... so don't pull that one on me, i've said several times "some" and "many" never all... because im not ignorant, i know theres several awesome and respectable black people out there.

i dont paint ALL black people... so don't pull that one on me, i've said several times "some" and "many" never all... because im not ignorant, i know theres several awesome and respectable black people out there.

Hahahahahahaha, several?

:cmad:

I am an African American male and I'm disgusted by the actions of my fellow race. It's because of actions like these that I often find myself disassociating myself from them, mainly because they paint THEMSELVES in a bad light and refuse to change. I'm not saying we're all like that, however, I have been treated horribly by those of the same color as me.

Because I listen to Iron Maiden, Metallica, Queen, Pink Floyd, Motley Crue, The Carpenters, Megadeth, Elton John, and etc I was accused of being an uncle tom, an oreo, and supporter of the white race without them even knowing me or talking to me. They often said the same thing because I spoke in an intelligent fashion with no ebonics, no slang, and used proper usage of words without sounding like a moron.

So it's no wonder certain white people want nothing to do with us. This video is living proof that we haven't evolved at all. People fail to realize that there's *******s in every race. Whether it'd be whites, blacks, chinese, hispanics, or whoever or whatever, it doesn't make a difference, because when it's all said and done we continually prove we haven't evolved one bit a a human race and that's sad.

And before the racist accusation is thrown at me, here's a picture of me to prove that I am who I am and will stand by what I said.

562803823_l.jpg

I am an African American male and I'm disgusted by the actions of my fellow race. It's because of actions like these that I often find myself disassociating myself from them, mainly because they paint THEMSELVES in a bad light and refuse to change. I'm not saying we're all like that, however, I have been treated horribly by those of the same color as me.

Because I listen to Iron Maiden, Metallica, Queen, Pink Floyd, Motley Crue, The Carpenters, Megadeth, Elton John, and etc I was accused of being an uncle tom, an oreo, and supporter of the white race without them even knowing me or talking to me. They often said the same thing because I spoke in an intelligent fashion with no ebonics, no slang, and used proper usage of words without sounding like a moron.

So it's no wonder certain white people want nothing to do with us. This video is living proof that we haven't evolved at all. People fail to realize that there's *******s in every race. Whether it'd be whites, blacks, chinese, hispanics, or whoever or whatever, it doesn't make a difference, because when it's all said and done we continually prove we haven't evolved one bit a a human race and that's sad.

And before the racist accusation is thrown at me, here's a picture of me to prove that I am who I am and will stand by what I said.

562803823_l.jpg

ya i've heard alot about this... theres alot of the black community who thinks there community should only be a certain way... and when people like you (a prime example being bill cosby) speak out against it.. there ridiculed for being "too white". its sad.. and very ridiculous.

:huh: " don't pull that one on me" ?

im very aware of racism still being around, but i've noticed a big shift in things the last 10 years... for instance many white people i feel in this day in age feel like there being blamed by (black in the same generation) for doing something that most of us weren't even alive for... and because of that many arn't getting the same opportunities that some other races get.

I'm just saying that this seemed pretty broad.

:huh: " don't pull that one on me" ?

I'm just saying that this seemed pretty broad.

it is pretty broad.. im just saying things from what i've seen, and don't want to generalize too much because i dont want to offend anyone, but i've seen for instance several loud black women come into a movie theater on there cell phones and even with people yelling at them to shut up, they don't. And act like they can do what they want, almost as if they feel like people owe them. It's just sad and disrespectful as well as making there own race look bad (just as these teens did), you can't say "don't stereotype us" when all you do is act in the stereotype your trying to get out of... (again not saying all black people act like this) but I'll be VERY shocked if people haven't had VERY similar experiences.

562803823_l.jpg

*Internet high five*

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"