A Dinosaur Called Thanos

Melpardus

Civilian
Reaction score
Posting this here because this seems to be the most appropriate place to put it rather than a movie-related thread.

So amidst the week of Stan Lee's death and all the wonders of the internet in the form of memes and tribute videos, destiny arrived in the form of a new species of dinosaur being published today with the name Thanos simonattoi. There's a good deal of overlap between the paleontology community and comic book/superhero fans, so of course this has been a huge joke for most of us for the last 12 hours or so. I would just like to share this humor with you all:

Thanos simonattoi
thanos simmonattoi
The one who truly wiped out the dinosaurs
Default Dab
Thanos Dinosaur Thanos Dinosaur

Last edited:
Nice! I didn’t realise there was a big crossover between the palaeontology guys and CB fans but that’s awesome to know. I’ve been obsessed by dinosaurs and superheroes from a young age. Winning combo IMO. ;)

I might just continually add the funny ones I find, mostly on DeviantArt. A major aspect of the humor comes from the fact that family of dinosaurs Thanos belongs to (abelisaurs) have extremely atrophied arms and hands, to the point where they couldn't actually bend the arm at all and the fingers were just tiny little stubs, oftentimes lacking claws. (People like to come at tyrannosaurs for having small arms, but that's only because they don't know about abelisaurs.) It's unclear if the researchers who discovered and named the animal actually had this in mind and were doing it ironically or not.

Meh-Mehs - Thanos Couldn't Snap
You should have gone for the head

Those things are useless. :D

And finally -- unless I find something absolutely hilarious -- here's an actual informative video featuring some of the art already posted in the forum:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"