• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

A Good Reporter Makes Stories Great: Rachel Brosnahan IS Lois Lane

I like to rescind this post. After learning she's a nepobaby, she has erased my goodwill for her casting. She is the niece of the famous fashion designer, Kate Spade, so she didn't grow up like the majority of us. She is also related to David Spade, which guaranteed her connections to the industry.
Do you keep this feeling for all Nepobabies? There is a lot out there.

Do you keep this feeling for all Nepobabies? There is a lot out there.
Cronybabies, too.

Sadly, we'd be here all day to list them. It's not even a matter of talent. Some of them could have made it without the connections. It's the fact they did use their connections that made all of them on my sh*t list for life. It's not even limited to this industry. That's the reason why I didn't vote for Bush back in 2000, that and the blatant homophobia.

Update: damn, just forgot she made a joke about nepobabies a few months ago.

Last edited:
At some point we have to accept that nepotism is inevitable. And there's no way to know who would or wouldn't be successful on their own merit. But it's 2024 on the internet and people have to find something to complain about I guess.

Does any of that make her less capable of performing as Lois Lane? What does it matter if she didn't grow up like the rest of us?

Cronybabies, too.

Sadly, we'd be here all day to list them. It's not even a matter of talent. Some of them could have made it without the connections. It's the fact they did use their connections that made all of them on my sh*t list for life. It's not even limited to this industry. That's the reason why I didn't vote for Bush back in 2000, that and the blatant homophobia.

Update: damn, just forgot she made a joke about nepobabies a few months ago.
Remind me to never watch any movie that you are in charge of casting, since it is your sincere belief that only unpopular people with no friends and whose entire family were unsuccessful should be given a role in the film industry.

Seriously? Rachel’s aunt made purses before tragically taking her life and her uncle acted in Joe Dirt?
And somehow the takeaway from these facts is that she’s obviously unqualified?

I think that guy's just strangely obsessed with proving Rachel's inadequacy for the role. It's always something new with him.
Not true. I was actually defensive of her throughout this thread because Lane's my favorite female comic book character and i want to see her done justice. I'm not denying Brosnahan's talents but I'm disappointed she used her connections to get ahead of people as talented or even moreso. She has said she lived in one of her aunt's houses while she was working on auditions and small plays. The vast majority of struggling actors have to be homeless because it's not a well-paying job.

Shocked Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live

Sounds like she should've either struggled on purpose first, or just given up on her passion entirely. Cool.

Her being connected to the industry doesn't mean she can't do this role justice nor does it mean her talent didn't also help her "get ahead of others."

I like to rescind this post. After learning she's a nepobaby, she has erased my goodwill for her casting. She is the niece of the famous fashion designer, Kate Spade, so she didn't grow up like the majority of us. She is also related to David Spade, which guaranteed her connections to the industry.

This is what you care about?

Not true. I was actually defensive of her throughout this thread
hPeXvBF.gif

These were your first two posts about her in this thread:

She's... kinda a weirdo?

MEMGK33_o.jpeg

It's not aboot whether it was literal or not; it's just something that's seems odd to even say when there's a lot more metaphors you could use to convey openness.

To diminish her Emmy wins, you said Emmys don't matter because of some South Park episode you liked that didn't win. You have had bizarre reservations about this choice from Day One. After watching her work, you conceded she's "no Brando" but "decent enough." You've never liked the pick. You wanted Jodie Comer. That's totally fine, but to pretend otherwise now that you've found yet another random thing to hold against her is completely disingenuous.

Not true. I was actually defensive of her throughout this thread because Lane's my favorite female comic book character and i want to see her done justice. I'm not denying Brosnahan's talents but I'm disappointed she used her connections to get ahead of people as talented or even moreso. She has said she lived in one of her aunt's houses while she was working on auditions and small plays. The vast majority of struggling actors have to be homeless because it's not a well-paying job.
@flickchick85 already beat me to it, but when you look at some of the things you've said about Rachel collectively, it starts to paint a very clear picture.

She's... kinda a weirdo?

MEMGK33_o.jpeg

Kay, full disclosure, I've spent the past month binge-watching everything she's been in and I've made my final analysis: she's alright. She's by no means Marlon Brando or Daniel Day-Lewis but she's decent enough for me to not doubt her abilities to portray Lane.

Last edited:
I misspoke. I was unequivocally skeptical at the start but I did see more of her work to reasonably judge her talents. I do think she is capable for this. Me joking about her bathroom habits, talking about the inherent uselessness of awards, and comparing her to two of the best actors ever doesn't diminish the fact that I was giving her a legitimate chance after my documented resistance. But with this revelation, I don't know if I should support this as it would make me a hypocrite. I've been against the idea of nepotism for a very long time. Many people have lost opportunities over being passed over by people with connections.

And I reiterate, it's not a matter of talent. I'm sure she could have gotten far without living in her aunt's expensive house while looking for roles. But the fact she did, made me lose respect for her. Struggle is part of the work. It helps you, it guides you, it's your greatest teacher, along with failure. Being successful at the start, you don't learn anything else. I'm by no means perfect. There are days I wish I was rich and famous enough to keep a steady job I want to be in, rather than work at the Foot Locker at my nearest mall. Then I have to slap myself afterwards to get me back to reality, remind myself I still have a job and a livelihood. The last thing I need to be is bitter.

And by the way, Jodie Comer? I don't have much respect for her these days either after finding out her connections but that's another story. I've went back and deleted my posts about her as a result. I'd be a hypocrite if it didn't.

Last edited:
I misspoke. I was unequivocally skeptical at the start but I did see more of her work to reasonably judge her talents. I do think she is capable for this. Me joking about her bathroom habits, talking about the inherent uselessness of awards, and comparing her to two of the best actors ever doesn't diminish the fact that I was giving her a legitimate chance after my documented resistance. But with this revelation, I don't know if I should support this as it would make me a hypocrite. I've been against the idea of nepotism for a very long time. Many people have lost opportunities over being passed over by people with connections.
1. Gross.

2. "Documented resistance".

3. It doesn't diminish it. It proves you weren't ever giving her a legitimate chance.
And I reiterate, it's not a matter of talent. I'm sure she could have gotten far without living in her aunt's expensive house while looking for roles. But the fact she did, made me lose respect for her. Struggle is part of the work. It helps you, it guides you, it's your greatest teacher, along with failure. Being successful at the start, you don't learn anything else. I'm by no means perfect. There are days I wish I was rich and famous enough to keep a steady job I want to be in, rather than work at the Foot Locker at my nearest mall. Then I have to slap myself afterwards to get me back to reality, remind myself I still have a job and a livelihood. The last thing I need to be is bitter.
I get the vibe you're bitter.

And by the way, Jodie Comer? I don't have much respect for her these days either after finding out her connections but that's another story. I've went back and deleted my posts about her as a result. I'd be a hypocrite if it didn't.
Jodie, I thought you were talented, but then I realized you were related to someone you have no power over, and now I think you suck!

@flickchick85 already beat me to it, but when you look at some of the things you've said about Rachel collectively, it starts to paint a very clear picture.
I think it's important to point out, that Marlon Brando's mother was... a traveling stage actress! And that Daniel-Day Lewis' grandfather was a studio head! I know, I know. My respect for their talents is gone as well. Damn them. DAMN THEM BOTH TO HELL!

Guys, I have a confession to make.

My uncle, who I never spoke to because my father and he had a falling out, used to own a local grocery store. I’ve had a few times where people have recognized my last name during job interviews because they went to that grocery store in the old neighborhood.

Worse yet, my dad was a motorcycle cop and when I did my clerkship at my local prosecutor’s office, the guy who hired me remembered my dad from 20 years earlier.

I know that I went to a top 15 law school, but realistically, I must be a “cronybaby” who doesn’t deserve to be where I am today. I should’ve moved 300 miles away where nobody knew my family in order to start my career.

Poop. This crying about nepotism and cronyism is a bunch of bull-loney. I have a son who studies music composition. I have made sure to introduce him to people I meet in the music industry through my work so that he can get his foot in the door. I’ve done the same with my other son who is a writer. I’ve introduced him to other professional writers whom I have met. It is called networking. I don’t care if it hurts someone’s feelings because ultimately my sons’ work will stand on their own. But helping them with their networking is a form of living in reality. Because if you don’t think that it is right to lean into relationships to get your foot in the door somewhere, then go ahead and be a martyr. I’m sure you can well up with pride at the thought that you stood on your own two feet and got where you are in life on your own without hypocrisy while you starve out. But let’s face it, acting is extremely competitive as are most occupations (probably even more so) and if you think that Rachel was cast as Lois Lane over anyone else because her uncle was in Tommy Boy or her late aunt made purses, then you are delusional.

Uh oh, David Corenswet’s grandfather wrote the Choose Your Own Adventure books so, I guess he’s nepo baby too. We have no choice but to boycott this movie until James Gunn recasts all the roles. :o

Uh oh, David Corenswet’s grandfather wrote the Choose Your Own Adventure books so, I guess he’s nepo baby too. We have no choice but to boycott this movie until James Gunn recasts all the roles. :o
tumblr_mbcojvFgwz1rfbawqo3_250.gif

Well, this only explains David's ability to make his own choices...

Lois is sporting her signature purple outfit in the set photos. It’s nice to see a very colorful dress Lois in her stas style. Can’t wait to see what Rachel brings to her portrayal as The Ace investigative reporter .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"