A New Era for the Wrestling Thread

I'm watching now. Cody vs AJ was really good.

I caught McIntyre vs Priest when it aired, I liked that match as well. Which btw I hope Priest ankle is okay, that was scary.

Here's what Damien Priest said in the press conference after

"It feels like trash right now. I didn't even go to medical so I could do this and answer your questions. The docs will check it out. I'm not going anywhere. I was able to beat Drew McIntyre on one foot, so I'm pretty sure I'm good to go," he stated.

Last edited:
On another note, does anyone else find it weird that Awesome Truth still haven't changed their default nameplates for the World Tag Team Championship?

I thought Clash was a good show. Piper and Bayley match picked up after that unknown masked woman came to ringside.

I knew every Scot wouldn't lose. I had gone back and forth if it would be the Witches or Piper Niven pulling the upset. My final prediction was that it would be Piper. I was wrong.

I like the way you saw Randy looking at the championship. Cody vs Randy is a feud that has to happen. I wouldn't even mind if they switched it back and forth a few times. Let Randy break the record held by Flair and Cena.

I guess mitb will be Bloodline vs Cody/Randy/Owens

Roman has to return at SummerSlam.

Sammi vs Chad was really good, but I'd have preferred a Gable victory.

Drew vs Priest was a solid main event with an electric crowd behind Drew. Punk said he should be cleared next week. So surely that's another SummerSlam match right there. Honestly the Drew vs Punk feud doesn't need the belt involved. The belt is better on Damien right now. I expect Damien to lose to Gunther after Finn Balor interference goes wrong and costs him the title. Then they can feud.

Cody vs AJ was my favorite match on the card followed by Chad vs Sammi

Priest pulling off that top rope hurricanrana with his hurt ankle was really impressive.

Okay, I just watched Clash at the Castle. Cody vs AJ was actually a good I Quit match. But it was all about that Priest vs McIntyre match. The ending was great, and this feud with Punk is next level. I cannot wait for them to have real matches!

Great show overall

That whole Uncle Howdy bit at the end was GOLD.

It struck fear into my heart!

ETA: So Chad Gable, and everyone else at gorilla is dead. How the hell are they supposed to come back from that? LOL

Last edited:
That whole Uncle Howdy bit at the end was GOLD.

It struck fear into my heart!

ETA: So Chad Gable, and everyone else at gorilla is dead. How the hell are they supposed to come back from that? LOL
I've just been watching clips on YouTube. I NEED to see this right now :lol:

Are we gonna get WWE version of Marvel Zombies?

Anyway I'm off to find this clip.

The Uncle Howdy thing at the end was cinema. I hope the creative is good with it.

I got tickets for Smack Down at Madison Square Garden next Friday.

They better pull all that spooky sh** again LOL.

Now I kinda want to go to Smackdown at the Garden.

At least I got LPW the next night (I say trying to console myself).

Chad Gable had a really bad night. He lost his match, he lost his team, and then lost his life :lol:

I miss going to MSG shows. You guys should definitely go if you can

Chad Gable had a really bad night. He lost his match, he lost his team, and then lost his life :lol:

If he had not re-signed with WWE, it would have been a great way for them to write Gable off, but now that he's re-signed, he was likely unconscious and will somehow blame Otis, Maxxine and Tozawa for this while having a giant bandage wrapped on his head.

I got tickets for Smack Down at Madison Square Garden next Friday.

They better pull all that spooky sh** again LOL.

I can't see them doing it on Smackdown because there's no way that they will make the newly remade Bloodline be afraid of them as everyone else would likely be. Despite the numbers game, Solo and the Guerrilas of Destiny are not going to be intimidated or afraid of the Wyatt Sicks.

Last MSG show I went to was a house show headlined by Cena and Jericho in a cage. A cage they never used.

I miss the NXT at Barclays shows. Those always hit.

My fellow NYers ahould hit up HOG on July 26th. Swerve is on the card.

I don't remember the last msg show I went to. I moved 12 years ago so it's been awhile.

Them not using the cage is weird

The only one in the Bloodline who would fear the Wyatt Sicks would be the Wiseman. Solo, Tama Tonga and Tonga Loa would not be afraid of them despite the Wyatt Faction having more people. Fear and being scared is not something they have in their personalities. This is why an invasion of the Wyatt Sicks to Smackdown won't work.

Just had a mammoth watch through of Clash and Raw! :eek: @NDX @Lobo how'd I end up back here? :funny:

Clash was a really good show, everybody Busted their ass, the I Quit match was a hell of an opener, they took their time, told a great story and built up to the finish which was very similar to the Cena vs JBL I Quit match in 2005. After the match the little angle with the Bloodline is clearly setting up Cody's next direction, but I'm curious where AJ goes from here.

The Women's triple threat tag title match was messy, all the ladies worked hard but they lost track of who' was the legal and there were some awkward moments, I was surprised that Fyre and Dawn won but what was more interesting was the spot where Baszler tapped Jade out and Cole and Graves really drew attention to it and it was followed up on Raw, I wonder where that's going.

Gable vs Sami was a quality wrestling match, the finish was a bit odd but we'll see where it goes for Gable as I think we know where Sami's heading. Bayley and Piper Niven was decent, the highlight of the match was Chelsea Green as the hype woman and the run-in from the mysterious luchadore. 🤔

The World Championship main event was a physical battle, I thought Priest was done when he got caught up in the top rope, at first I thought he'd landed head first on the apron but on replay I saw how his knee was yanked, amazing that he finished the match as you could see it was hurting him. McIntyre was moving like a cruiserweight in there, reminded me a bit of Mike Awesome in ECW. The finish was *chefs kiss* :D the way they shot it was brilliant, I didn't even realise it was Punk at first, absolute gold!

The only one in the Bloodline who would fear the Wyatt Sicks would be the Wiseman. Solo, Tama Tonga and Tonga Loa would not be afraid of them despite the Wyatt Faction having more people. Fear and being scared is not something they have in their personalities. This is why an invasion of the Wyatt Sicks to Smackdown won't work.
If they show up on SmackDown they wouldn't be in the same segment. Bloodline could open the show then leave to deal with Bloodline business elsewhere or be sent away by Aldis before the Wyatt Sicks arrived.

@Hunter Rider Chad Gable got unalived

Raw was a packed show, I was surprised to hear Seth's music hit, he cut a good promo and it was an overall strong segment with him and Priest to set up a World title match for MITB. I wonder if this was the plan to get tge title on an over face for Gunther at SummerSlam, or if they need to move the belt off Priest due to the knee injury.

I'm loving the Intercontinental Championship being so well booked these days, it was my favourite title as a kid because it was the belt my favourite wrestlers competed for while Hulk was WWF Champion. I'm not sure what they are doing with Gable after Strowman squashed him, but he's going for MITB if he's still alive @Lobo lol. The switch of focus to Bron coming after the IC title is exciting, and I liked how Sheamus has thrown his hat into the mix wanting to complete the Grandslam, and then during the solid Bron vs Sheamus match Kaiser gets filtered in, the spear Bron hit on Kaiser was one of the most spectacular things I've seen in wrestling, the way it was shot with the overhead camera and then cut to the handheld for the impact was brilliant! :wow:

Really enjoyed Iyo vs Zelina vs Kiana in the MITB qualifying match, it was great to hear how into it the fans were, Zelina took her chance to shine here and Iyo was great as always, the finish and the subsequent run-in during Dragon Lee vs Carlito cemented tge feud between Liv and Zelina which will hopefully be the Women's World Championship match at SummerSlam, I'd do Zelina & Rey vs Liv & Dom at MITB.

The triple threat men's MITB qualifier was decent, Rey is still delivering in the ring, I knew Jey would win but for me the best thing about him is his entrance, it's downhill once the bell rings.

As for the Wyatt clan return that ended the show, it was really well produced but I've never liked goofy supernatural stuff in my pro wrestling, I liked the original Wyatt Family but I hated every clip I saw with the Fiend. I'm not sure what this new incarnation is, I've seen Uncle Howdy before but not sure who's the worker in this group, I know they've dug up Rowan, let's see where it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"