• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A Q For All You Script Writers...

Ghostvirus

Avenger
Reaction score
What is your method? Do you have a set time that you start working, & a set time that you stop. Or do you just write the the creativity strikes?

What is your method? Do you have a set time that you start working, & a set time that you stop. Or do you just write the the creativity strikes?

I write when the idea hits me and I can't do anything else until I get it down.

I write when I can't sleep.

Try to get some done every night. Doesn't always work. I'm seriously running out of ideas for my script (see "The Toilet of Doom" thread over in fanfic) Anyone want to help me?

-- FunBob

:csad:

I've been working on a script for WB since like, well, 2004. It's still not done. I'll lose the option if I don't complete it by 2009. :(

That's cool MEHZEB, what you doin?

No structure. The ideas are in my head, if I get around to it I'll write. For uni projects, I'll sit down and see what happens. Then edit later.

Yes. For real. It's a Noir-based script. Pretty much inspired by Frank Miller, but basically a rendition of the lives of individuals who have to face the realities after a third WW.

That's an interesting concept. MEHZEB. How did you get that gig? I've been trying to figure out how to get some representation, but its like theres a 700ft brick wall, lined with laser guided missile launchers around Hollywood designed to keep fresh blood out.

That's an interesting concept. MEHZEB. How did you get that gig?

I work at a newspaper. WB has offices all over the world. I'm the International Media Coordinator at the paper, and by virtue of that, I've made connections. :hyper:

The reason why I asked is because I have been trying to write a movie for like 5 years now. The only thing is I am having trouble making my self sit down, & write. Some days are easier than others. I was just wondering what other peoples methods are.

MEHZB I would get it wrote and finished!

Then they will hire you for more so you can go on strike :)

I work at a newspaper. WB has offices all over the world. I'm the International Media Coordinator at the paper, and by virtue of that, I've made connections. :hyper:

I'm jealous. I've got a solid concept that I have been working on for about 4 years, but I just don't have the time to devote myself to to completely.

I've been trying to figure out how to get some representation, but its like theres a 700ft brick wall, lined with laser guided missile launchers around Hollywood designed to keep fresh blood out.

Pitching is a script is the hardest thing in Hollywood. It's really a shame. If you have someone on the inside, even the worst of works get recognition, but if you're new, and god forbid, an unknown, then, even if you manage to scrape up the best screenplay since Seventh Heaven, no one would take notice.

America maybe a land of opportunity, but Hollywood has it's own set of rules.

Luckily I know a guy, but he's resume isn't exaclty bursting at the seams, but it's a start.

MEHZB I would get it wrote and finished!

Then they will hire you for more so you can go on strike :)

The prospect of going on strike is probably one of the main reasons why I started writing in the first place. ;)

The reason why I asked is because I have been trying to write a movie for like 5 years now. The only thing is I am having trouble making my self sit down, & write. Some days are easier than others. I was just wondering what other peoples methods are.

I'm as lazy and dazed as a cheerleading schoolgirl. :csad:

I write a bit every night, usually between 11PM-2AM on weeknights and when I get some time on weekend.

I write a bit every night, usually between 11PM-2AM on weeknights and when I get some time on weekend.

Thought we were going to collaborate on the script to SR 2!

We the new Harris and Dougherty, dammit! :mad:

So, M.E.H.Z.E.B. is the WB paying to do the script?

So, M.E.H.Z.E.B. is the WB paying to do the script?

I'm not represented, you see. Finances haven't been discussed. I'll be lucky to even be considered seriously. My early drafts have attracted positive attention. That's a bright side. The rest is a big "question mark" at the moment. :csad:

I'm not represented, you see. Finances haven't been discussed. I'll be lucky to even be considered seriously. My early drafts have attracted positive attention. That's a bright side. The rest is a big "question mark" at the moment. :csad:

I have to state the obvious. You have a real opportunity here. You really should take advantage of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"