A real masked vigilante..

Discussion in 'SHH Community Forum' started by the_lost_soul, Jan 30, 2005.

1. twylight One And Only

But Spandex is so flattering.................:(

2. PLAS Registered

but people don't fear Vampire Dressing goths, they just pont and laugh at them

3. Orlando Spider Registered

Look buddy... you think it'll work? Think again. If you're really serious about this.

I'm 17 too... would i like to be a superhero? hell yeah. I've had 5 yrs. martial arts experience, i'm a gymnast, and i've been doing parkeour (or however you spell it) for all my life... i just now found out it's an actual thing.
    I'm 5'8 weighing 145 pounds, i'm benching 210 max... or 180 average.

would i ever consider actual doing this? NO. why? Because parkour, being strong, knowing martial arts, having cool gadgets, and being talented... won't keep you from screwing up. I.E. DYING.
    If you're in the slum.. and a girl is getting raped persay... you rush in to help. What happenes next? the guy sees you, you take him out. *BANG* his buddy (you didn't see) busts a cap in the back of your head. IT'S OVER.

It's okay to have a dream and be ambitious... it's ok to work to a level where you could be a superhero among your peers... doing that builds self confidence and can help you in an emergency situation....
    But as far as going out and looking to be a crime fighting vigilante,..
    it doesn't work like that in the real world. In the comics or movies, if you get shot... you run away. In real life, you get shot once, chances are you'll get shot again. and you WONT get up. If you don't realize this and go ahead anyway... forgive me when i say it but you are a fool

4. DynamiteDave Ain't got nobody

I'm sure it is on certain people ;)

5. DynamiteDave Ain't got nobody

Also what a lot of people don't realize is that Batman has millions of dollars and alien technology at his disposal. As well as years (and I mean 20 not 5 or 3) of HARDCORE martial arts training, not this wimpy American watered down version.

6. DynamiteDave Ain't got nobody

They laugh because they don't understand them and have no other way of thinking.

Nobody knows how they act, or what kind of weird crap they do. They only have what they see in the movies, so at 3 AM when one of them comes walking at you with a sadistic look on his face..you will be afraid. It's just human nature to fear that which we don't understand.

7. Carter Registered

is he still considering this
    geez, this was soooooo two days ago

8. guitarsingerguy Who am I?

Are you Dracula? :confused:

9. Orlando Spider Registered

Why not go for being a ninja instead? People don't laugh at ninjas... unless they can't do the cool ninja stuff.

no i'm serious.

Study up on ninjutsu/ aikido/ tai-chi.
    Being a "Vigilante" is a skeptical career path...
    but studying these things would make you a fighter for every moment you are alive. BTW, it would take at least 20 yrs to truly master them though (i would estimate)
    Also, Bruce Lee's writings (not the stupid technique books you get at borders/barnes & Noble...but his actual manuscripts), are great for strength. wether it be rawmuscle strength or energy (chi).
    Ur 17 now... study for 15- you'll be set by that time.
    That's the best advice i can give you if you want to do anything like this for real.

However if I were to support you or give you advice on your current path, i'd almost feel responsible for whatever calamity happened upon you as a result.
    Wow i'm tired...*zzzzzzzzz*

10. Herr Logan Registered

Are you saying that if you actually witnessed a woman being raped in an alley you wouldn't try to help? :wolverine

11. DynamiteDave Ain't got nobody

Yes...I mean..
    Yes

12. PLAS Registered

a friend of mine bumped into Robert Smith on an elevator... the only thing he could actually utter out to him was "are you a vampire?" Smith smiled and left the elevator in the next floor, my friend is pretty sure it wasn't his floor

13. screech_turbo Registered

i applaud your actions. you have every right to feel like a badass. you helped somebody out. it's always good to help someone out when they need it.

14. guitarsingerguy Who am I?

I think it was a very valid question. Robert Smith has looked EXACTLY the same for 20 years now.

15. PLAS Registered

are you Robert Smith? :confused:

16. guitarsingerguy Who am I?

Oh My God! *revelation* Robert Smith = Dracula! :eek: PLAS you've done it 'ol chap.

17. Orlando Spider Registered

Of course i would... but i wouldn't be stupid about it. I have a cell phone on me all times... *911* baby. Or if it looked like i could take him. But if it was a group of guys, any one of them could have a gun. Which btw, i'm not trained how to dodge bullets.

Little hint for you guys though- a poll was taken to see what people most responded to if people were screaming something for help... it was *fire fire*
    SO if you are in an emergency situation, yelling *fire* will get you the most yield (even if there isn't a fire)

18. PLAS Registered

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

turns out Robert Smith is indeed a vampire AND a vigilante

19. Carter Registered

Agreed, but all badassedness was lifted when he started talking seriously about being a superhero with a mexican wrestling mask

20. guitarsingerguy Who am I?

Holy ****! Wait, ANOTHER DEVELOPMENT! Dracula = Robert Smith = THOMAS JANE?! :eek: The plot thickens!

21. DynamiteDave Ain't got nobody

How do you do it Holmes?

22. PLAS Registered

maybe he goes around at night with his guitar and saddens criminals into submission with his music

23. PLAS Registered

do what?

24. guitarsingerguy Who am I?

Dude, I was robbing this old blue haired lady one night and he came by and made my cry and I ended up walking this chick home. Now he's my arch nemesis. That bastard.

25. PLAS Registered

he sure is a sneaky and gloomy bastard, I tells ya