A real masked vigilante..

PLAS said:
he sure is a sneaky and gloomy bastard, I tells ya

Then as I was walking off he had the nerve to tell me, "Boys don't cry." Damn Prozac needing bastard. :D

PLAS said:
that's the way a true vigilante should go about, pudgy and pasty with hair that resembles an unwashed mop and make up like no decent woman (or sane human) would wear

I think you've got something here. Noone would see it coming, especailly not a criminal. I think we should start a team of mercs and make them all be pudgy pasty uncombed mop hair really bad make up wearing badass really depressed musicians.

guitarsingerguy said:
Then as I was walking off he had the nerve to tell me, "Boys don't cry." Damn Prozac needing bastard. :D
that's the way a true vigilante should go about, pudgy and pasty with hair that resembles an unwashed mop and make up like no decent woman (or sane human) would wear

robert_smith.jpg

turns out Robert Smith is indeed a vampire AND a vigilante[/QUOTE]

a vampire and a vigilante, hmm. so technically, wouldn't that make him BLADE? this must be that scene from "trinity", when he's at the police station.:unishr: peace.

screech_turbo said:
robert_smith.jpg

turns out Robert Smith is indeed a vampire AND a vigilante

a vampire and a vigilante, hmm. so technically, wouldn't that make him BLADE? this must be that scene from "trinity", when he's at the police station.:unishr: peace.[/QUOTE]

True I never thought about it that way.

Orlando Spider said:
Of course i would... but i wouldn't be stupid about it. I have a cell phone on me all times... *911* baby. Or if it looked like i could take him. But if it was a group of guys, any one of them could have a gun. Which btw, i'm not trained how to dodge bullets.

Little hint for you guys though- a poll was taken to see what people most responded to if people were screaming something for help... it was *fire fire*
SO if you are in an emergency situation, yelling *fire* will get you the most yield (even if there isn't a fire)

I've heard that. Can't be sure how valid that is, but that's what I told my woman to do if confronted with undesirable and menacing people. I'm very paranoid about that.

If the fire thing is true, that's kinda funny. I personally wouldn't know how to help someone endangered by fire, other than to call the fire department. I can't hurt fire. With a little luck, I could hurt a rapist. Whether it would be a completely idiotic move or not to attack a rapist and attempt to gut him, gouge an eye or otherwise severely disable him (I tend to keep a cell phone and a knife on me when I'm out of the apartment), I know I couldn't live with myself if I didn't try. I'd much rather die trying to help than to live with the image of a woman being raped and knowing that I could have stopped it from continuing even a moment longer but didn't. I guess that's just how I'm wired. :wolverine

Herr Logan said:
I've heard that. Can't be sure how valid that is, but that's what I told my woman to do if confronted with undesirable and menacing people. I'm very paranoid about that.

If the fire thing is true, that's kinda funny. I personally wouldn't know how to help someone endangered by fire, other than to call the fire department. I can't hurt fire. With a little luck, I could hurt a rapist. Whether it would be a completely idiotic move or not to attack a rapist and attempt to gut him, gouge an eye or otherwise severely disable him (I tend to keep a cell phone and a knife on me when I'm out of the apartment), I know I couldn't live with myself if I didn't try. I'd much rather die trying to help than to live with the image of a woman being raped and knowing that I could have stopped it from continuing even a moment longer but didn't. I guess that's just how I'm wired. :wolverine

People shy away from something that could put them into danger, but if it's a spectacle, then they're all for it. Yelling fire is actually proven to work better than yelling help.

guitarsingerguy said:
People shy away from something that could put them into danger, but if it's a spectacle, then they're all for it. Yelling fire is actually proven to work better than yelling help.

Suits me.

It's often been my dream to have a rapist screaming "fire" in the hopes that someone would hear and try to stop me from slaughtering them. Time will tell.

I have no intention of making a career out of vigilantism, and I sure as hell don't have the physical or tactical skills to pull it off. I just keep alert when I can and have no qualms at all about neutralizing scum such as rapists in the most permanent fashion possible. :wolverine

Lost soul, It's my opinion that what your thinking of doing is pretty stupid. No matter how trained a person is ( lets say you had all of Batmans skills, which you don't) you would still get caught by the police or killed by some mugger. Yeah Batfans If Batman was real he wouldn't survive long...sorry.

Even so, its not my place to tell you what to do and if your actually considering this, I admire your courage. I could see myself trying this one day in the future As a last resort in life....I really can see myself one day thinking *This world is such an auwful place, people hate eachother far too much. So I'm going to dedicate the rest of my time here in helping people who can't help themselves* Maybe that's how you feel right now? Anyway here's some advice if your going to do it.

If you live in a big city, wear a bullet proof vest that can take pistol rounds comfortably. If you live in America and a large city like New York, this is a must. You might also want to think about protecting other areas of your body like your crotch, legs and back. But don't wear anything that's too heavy or anything that limits your movement or speed too much.

You have 3 years martial arts training , that's a lot more than I have. But its not really enough. You should take an extended vacation to the far east and learn something more real. For urban combat you'll need to be skilled in blocking nife attacks, and short range gun blocking movements.

LEARN ABOUT HUMAN PSYCHOLOGY Read a lot of books on the stuff, take classes whatever. If you do this you'll be able to read situations a lot better and maybe even talk your enemy out of combat without violence.

This next bit is tuff on anyone, don't have too many personal ties. And do NOT EVER TELL ANYONE WHAT YOUR DOING. (this isn't a movie, nobody can keep this big a secret in real life.) The less people you know personally, the less you'll be worrying about them.

Basic detective skills and really just a bit of common sense are a must. Wear gloves at all times so to not leave finger prints everywhere, and wear boots with no tread.
I don't really think a costume would be very practicle if you ask me, but you'll definetly need a mask of some kind when your doing it, because you don't want anyone ID'n you to the police. Don't speak when your patrolling ( that sounds so buffy-like, damn that show for ruining a great word) If you speak someone may recognise your voice and ID you to the police, If you MUST SPEAK, use a fake voice in a different accent to your own, practise makes perfect btw.

Speed will be very important to you if you do this. Practise your running, because there will be situations where you need to high tail it outa there as fast as you can. But don't worry, most muggers are burger eating slocoaches.

Learn about the police in your town/city, learn police patrolling routes/times names of officers, what they look like and memorize them. I don't know how your going to get all that information but be creative about it and be descreet.

Weapons, well that's if you want them. personally I wouldn't use any, but thats because I'd never intend on killing anyone. Maybe some shuriken/shaken and a knife of some sort. If you want to be like the Punisher with guns then go ahead but I wouldn't advise it.

Well that's everything I can think of right now, but as Agent Smith would say, It is innevitable that you will get caught/shot/stabbed/die. So this is very much a last resort way of life.

dont even try this dude, i was like you oncei always wanted to be a superhero, but in the real world chnaces are ur gonna die ur first night. if you rally have the passion, i suggest u travel the world like batman did, cuz having the skill you already listed ur only good enough to go after shoplifters and pick pockters. the first night ur oput i guarantee you ur gonna freeze and get ur ass shot. taking on those other dudes were easy for you cuz they were ur ageor a lil older and they werent even real criminals. bruce trained to overcome his fears and the general fears that regular people have. you need to train for like 23 years or les years and own ur compnay or recieve inheritence to keep up ur superhero expenses.

I thought that I would bring everyone who was still interested an update. I am still training and I am becoming very porficient. My gymnyst skills have increased dramatically and I am maxing a 200 lbs bench press! I spar constantly with my partner, yes I found a partner!

We also have a third member who will be running a computer from his home. Brining us useful information we need researced or maps we may need. Our costumes will be very simple, a fox-mask and a jumpsuit (possibly a wetsuit used for scuba diving).

We will have many different "gadgets" including non-leathal weapon. I am modifying a "seeing staff" the blind use to find their way around with. I found it in a pawn shop. I'm renfocing it with some of my own materials. The weapon will be compact until I decide to pop it open and use it.

As for fighting technique, well I'm learning more and more each session we have with our sensei. I'll be checking in hopefully every month, later!

yea...have fun getting shot...or maybe I should say have fun playing X-Box, cuz I'm willing to bet, you're a 400 lbs 15 year old.

It'd be hilarious if he gets shot his first night out, mwahahahah. :o

Matt said:
yea...have fun getting shot...or maybe I should say have fun playing X-Box, cuz I'm willing to bet, you're a 400 lbs 15 year old.

hahaha

the_lost_soul said:
I thought that I would bring everyone who was still interested an update. I am still training and I am becoming very porficient. My gymnyst skills have increased dramatically and I am maxing a 200 lbs bench press! I spar constantly with my partner, yes I found a partner!

We also have a third member who will be running a computer from his home. Brining us useful information we need researced or maps we may need. Our costumes will be very simple, a fox-mask and a jumpsuit (possibly a wetsuit used for scuba diving).

We will have many different "gadgets" including non-leathal weapon. I am modifying a "seeing staff" the blind use to find their way around with. I found it in a pawn shop. I'm renfocing it with some of my own materials. The weapon will be compact until I decide to pop it open and use it.

As for fighting technique, well I'm learning more and more each session we have with our sensei. I'll be checking in hopefully every month, later!

good luck :up:

Dude even your story sounds like bull****. Quit wasting people's time.

Uncle Petunia said:
this thread makes me want to dress up like an evil villain and kill him

Don't you dress like one all the time? :confused:

Master Chief said:
It'd be hilarious if he gets shot his first night out, mwahahahah. :o
it would be hilarious if he got shot, stabbed and raped on his first night

the_lost_soul said:

i feel embarassed just reading this.

i can just imagine some skinny 13 year old nerd dressed up in a fox mask and scuba wetsuit with a "seeing stick" getting shot in the face by some gang member.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"