A real masked vigilante..

Sadly, I can imagine a 16 year old boy actually doing everything his posts say....

and then someday the realization will hit.

Uncle Petunia said:
i can just imagine some skinny 13 year old nerd dressed up in a fox mask and scuba wetsuit with a "seeing stick" getting shot in the face by some gang member.

It would probably be wittnessed by a huge crowd, videotaped, then later posted on the hype to discuss. :wolverine

And then later laughed at by Rodan.

I am not a sexual deviant, but I just can't stop picturing this guy getting severely beaten, stabbed a few times in miscelaneous parts of the body, then raped, not once, nor twice, maybe several times, and then, shot

I didn't read this whole thing, but lost soul, this is the most serious response I can come up with.

You're going to get yourself killed.

Can you get your hands on a bullet proof vest? Will these gadgets of yours really work? Will you have enough ammunition? If you train yourself, how do you know that you're not fighting somebody who trained harder than you did? Can you fight multiple people at once? If you beat up a bunch of thugs and make your escape, how do you know one of them won't be following you home? If you're acrobatic, how do you know you won't be so hurt that you can't perform those amazing stunts? Just because you survived a shot to the leg, does that mean you can take one to the kidney, spine, chest, or head? What if you inspire some copycat and that person gets themselves killed? What if the police hunt you down? What if the FBI hunts you down? What if you put your loved ones in danger? If someone kidnaps your girlfriend and (God forbid) hurls her off a bridge, can you catch her? What if someone snatches off your mask? How will you have a social life? What if you lose everyone and everything you hold dear in life?

On a final note, if we ever hear about a vigilante running around in L.A. it won't be hard for Mirko to trace the IP adress that you posted this on and then it'd be very easy to find you.
If you wanna help people, why not become a cop, fireman, social worker, or (non-crooked) politician?

This thread is up and it's a risky being a vigilante so be careful.

I'd love to be a vigilante, but it's not gonna happen. This isn't the comics or movies.

Webmistress_O4 said:
I'd love to be a vigilante, but it's not gonna happen. This isn't the comics or movies.

It's possible if you train and train. It seems like you have to be Bruce Lee to a vigilant now.

Webmistress_O4 said:

The only reason I don't see it happening like in the comics and movies, is the fact that it's rare to come across crime unless you live in a **** neighbourhood.

I already covered this...I've even had people tell me my tips worked from the Crimefighting For Dummies thread.

I have a friend who works at the L.A. Times as an intern (a first step in becoming a journalist) and according to him, they get stories of vigilanties every once in a while. Mostly violent, mostly Punisher types or like the survivalist in the first Highlander. Alot of them get away, some of them don't, they are the ones that you hear about, even if it is under the radar. The way he tells it vigilantism is alot like robberies, the police ask the newspapers not to print stories or atleast bury them in an effort to prevent copy cats and at the same time to keep the peace.

As far as what you need to do, I don't think you should but if you are going to anyway I'll give you whatever advice I can but keep in mind I'm just a political science major not a law enforcement major and I haven't been to boot camp yet. If it were me, I would be armored from head to toe. Unlike what alot of nerds will tell you body armor doesn't weigh that much. Get the same material that Batman's cape is made out of in the movie, it's a real, heavy duty, colorless material. Place plates and the material that slows and stops bullets through out the suit to get your best coverage. Wear a helmet type headgear made out of bulletproof material. Get alot bigger than you are. I'm a little bit bigger than you and I wouldn't even dream of doing that.

As far as ethically it is wrong. Wrong beyond all belief. You don't have the right to violate the law or others individual rights. Even if they are violating someone elses.

the_lost_soul said:
Trick or Treat mother f**kers.
You were totally dressed in the wrong costume...You needed to be this guy.

samuel_l_jackson.jpg

getting beaten as a kid + comics + severe frustration = dreams of vigilantism

This guys a wierdo but I'll go along with it and ask a couple of questions...

LOST SOUL BOY
What process would you use to hold a person captive until the police arrive? I mean your not a cop with any recognizable authority, public backup, and no gun on you. How would you develop a formalized process at holding them captive with a frickin stick to beat them with?

Would you leave before the police arrive? Cause they'll tell you to take your mask off and may even go as far as to point there gun at you.:unishr:

PLAS
Okay most of your posts make sense but what is it with the constant rape correlation? That's a sexually perverted act and not necessarily a violent defensive act that would occur when someone with a mask is running at you with a stick. So what's with the constant correlation?

MASTER CHIEF
Do you wear a mask when jumping people? Also, what if the guy didn't really rape the girl and she's just being a *****?

Mr. Sinister05 said:
PLAS
Okay most of your posts make sense but what is it with the constant rape correlation? That's a sexually perverted act and not necessarily a violent defensive act that would occur when someone with a mask is running at you with a stick. So what's with the constant correlation?

the only correlation is that I find it funny...

Are you talking about the guy who thinks he's a real life "Batman" cause that's what I'm laughing at.

They should make a movie about that staring Jack Black.

Man-Thing said:
Are you talking about the guy who thinks he's a real life "Batman" cause that's what I'm laughing at.

As long as Jack Black gets his ass kicked a lot in the movie, I'd be all for that. :up:

jag

jaguarr said:
As long as Jack Black gets his ass kicked a lot in the movie, I'd be all for that. :up:

jag

That's why I said him. It reminds me of what in all probability would happen if this guy decided to do it in real life. He would twist his ankle or something and then get beat up really bad.

I can just picture him with his hands covering his face and sobbing. He then picks up his broken Phantom of the Opera Halloween mask (a freking Halloween Mask for goodness sake!) and throws it into the street.

Man-Thing said:

the raping, don't forget the rapings

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"