A remake of "The Crow" in the works?

Well, the film took so many liberties with the comic anyway, that the idea of doing something closer, in terms of the narrative, to the comic isn't that unfathomable.

Well, the film took so many liberties with the comic anyway, that the idea of doing something closer, in terms of the narrative, to the comic isn't that unfathomable.

it isnt that -
i just have no faith in a good Crow movie since all the sequels sucked

With all respect to Brandon Lee ( I absolutely love the first Crow and find it a piece of Cinematic Art from the day ) -

Jason Statham would be a decent Eric in the film if you ask me. Mind you - I said decent. No one will bring the intensity or savage beauty to the character like Lee did. I did not follow the comics so don't kill me here.

Just my $.02.

With all respect to Brandon Lee ( I absolutely love the first Crow and find it a piece of Cinematic Art from the day ) -

Jason Statham would be a decent Eric in the film if you ask me. Mind you - I said decent. No one will bring the intensity or savage beauty to the character like Lee did. I did not follow the comics so don't kill me here.

Just my $.02.

i think if you brought in great talent(crew) for the flick, Statham would do a great job. but i'd rather see a GOOD sequel then a remake.

It's time for a female crow. Bobbie Phillips' guest appearances on Stairway to Heaven were some of the defining moments of the series. Time to see that on film.

It's time for a female crow. Bobbie Phillips' guest appearances on Stairway to Heaven were some of the defining moments of the series. Time to see that on film.

yes - a female crow might be awesome.

I liked Rob Zombies idea for that futuristic crow movie.

I would rather a sequel or something not a complete remake. I as well think we are do for a 'female crow',think thats what most fans are wanting. I also would'nt mind a oriental crow(tommy jaa, theguy from matrix-serv?,maybe even Jet Li)
*btw no thanks on Jason Stathem as a crow,be almost as bad as Edward Furlong :)

I would rather a sequel or something not a complete remake. I as well think we are do for a 'female crow',think thats what most fans are wanting. I also would'nt mind a oriental crow(tommy jaa, theguy from matrix-serv?,maybe even Jet Li)
*btw no thanks on Jason Stathem as a crow,be almost as bad as Edward Furlong :)

i dont think jason statham would be bad, but not good somewhere in between... as far as asian - the guy from matrix would rock, but id rather see a woman do the crow first

Well I've made comparisons of Brandon Lee's crow to the new joker(the styles, body language,the makeup in ways,the attitude as well),but unfortunately Heath Ledger is dead...

jokertruckkg1.jpg

Wow it is uncanny. Both are silmilar and both actors died before the movie was 100% done.

A remake is unnecessary. A sequel that doesn't suck would suffice.

Sure, the first movie deviated largely from the comic, but so what? There's nothing major from that book that needs to be covered in a remake that can't just be added to an original story featuring someone other than Eric.

There's also a lot of stuff to mine from the other Crow comics/novels. Salvation took the wrongfully accused angle from Poppy Brite's Lazarus Heart (though that's where the similarities end) and I think all Wicked Prayer took from the novel was the title (can't say for sure, never read it. though I unfortunately saw the movie...)

The comic about the female crow and her unborn child always seemed like good material for a movie.

A remake is unnecessary. A sequel that doesn't suck would suffice.

Sure, the first movie deviated largely from the comic, but so what? There's nothing major from that book that needs to be covered in a remake that can't just be added to an original story featuring someone other than Eric.

There's also a lot of stuff to mine from the other Crow comics/novels. Salvation took the wrongfully accused angle from Poppy Brite's Lazarus Heart (though that's where the similarities end) and I think all Wicked Prayer took from the novel was the title (can't say for sure, never read it. though I unfortunately saw the movie...)

The comic about the female crow and her unborn child always seemed like good material for a movie.
Iris was the female crow,and I thought that story was pretty good,and it would work in todays market(terrorism type stuff). Plus I loved the makeup style they used on Iris. I would rather have a female crow for the next than a remake,and think Jessica Beil could do a decent job of it(doing the Iris character).
Secondly and most importantly I hope if there is a reboot/remake they but a decent budget and director,I think the last crow had a budget of like 100bucks,some beer,and some crack as payment :)

it s about time they do one. who s gonna be the crow?

Staham would be a terrible, terrible Eric Draven. When I think Eric Draven, I think the guy from the Cure. When I think Jason Statham, I think "block of wood with a scary face painted on it and an english accent."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"