A Salute to Pixar

Mandon Knight

We did it......
Reaction score
Arguably, Pixar have not put a foot wrong (bar the odd screech of a Cars wheel or a Dinosaur's footprint).....

Vote in the poll and explain your choice for best Pixar film.....

I feel it's going to be a close vote.

They deserve every accolade bestowed on them, genius film making.

My personal fave is The Incredibles, closely followed by Up and Inside Out.

Last edited:
I haven't actually seen very many, but my favourite is The Incredibles.

It's between Incredibles and Toy Story 3 for me.

It's Pixar so even their bad movies aren't generally bad. I think The Incredibles is their best by an inch followed by the Toy Story and Finding movies. Inside Out was fairly good too.

I might have to go with Toy Story 3, but The Incredibles, Up, Finding Nemo, Inside Out and the rest of the Toy Story movies are all stellar. It's tough to pick a favorite.

Pixar's long lack of female protagonists onscreen and lack of topline female talent behinds the scenes is put in stark perspective by the reports this year of how Lasseter treats women and the ways that women were actively excluded from creative meetings and positions of influence due to his behavior. How many great stories have we been denied? It's a damn shame.

Pixar's long lack of female protagonists onscreen and lack of topline female talent behinds the scenes is put in stark perspective by the reports this year of how Lasseter treats women and the ways that women were actively excluded from creative meetings and positions of influence due to his behavior. How many great stories have we been denied? It's a damn shame.

Whilst I'm in no favour (if true) of Lassester's behavior shown, (or any of this nature), just...to the central point being made here...'Hi, I'm Brave'.

Whilst I'm in no favour (if true) of Lassester's behavior shown, (or any of this nature), just...to the central point being made here...'Hi, I'm Brave'.

Hi I'm called " Brave came out 16 years after Toy Story and was their 13th film." They've only had Inside Out and a Dory sequel since then.

Also Brave was the one time they actually hired a female filmmaker, and then kicked her off and replaced her with a guy who openly stated he wanted Pixar to operate like Dreamworks.

Lasseter never denied the allegations and they are all well documented at this point. There's no reason to hedge on that.

The situation at Pixar is a direct and clear example of how the behavior of powerful male figures excludes women from the opportunity to move up within the industry.

I hate to rain on this parade. I love many of their films but it's something that I don't really see separate from their work at this point as it has had a clear impacr on the stories that have gotten through and the direction of the whole company.

Last edited:
WALL-E is my favorite, followed by A Bug's Life and the Finding Nemo/Dory Films.

Up grew on me, Aside from the score I really disliked it when I first saw it, then when I watched it again after having a child I found myself falling in love with it.

I still can't stand the Toy Story sequels and I never did like The Incredibles as much as everyone else.

Arguably, Pixar have not put a foot wrong (bar the odd screech of a Cars wheel or a Dinosaur's footprint).....

Vote in the poll and explain your choice for best Pixar film.....

I feel it's going to be a close vote.

They deserve every accolade bestowed on them, genius film making.

My personal fave is The Incredibles, closely followed by Up and Inside Out.
So just 4 out of 19 films. :o

1. WALL-E
2. Finding Nemo
3. Toy Story 2

I haven't seen anything after Toy Story 3, though.

If I had to rank these personally (Mind you, I haven't seen Cars 2 or 3)
1) WALL-E
2) A Bug's Life
3) Finding Nemo
4) Up
5) Finding Dory
6) Coco
7) Brave
8) Toy Story
9)Ratatouille
10)The Incredibles
11) Monster's Inc
12)Monster's University
13) Inside Out
14) The Good Dinosaur
15) Cars
16) Toy Story 2
17) Toy Story 3

My top 3 would be:

1.) The Incredibles
2.) Wall-E
3.) Ratatouille

Followed by the Toy Story trilogy. I loved all the ones I've seen though except Cars, and haven't seen Cars 2, Cars 3, or The Good Dinosaur.

I am actually rewatching all these right now with a friend before the Coco home media release. Re-ranking them as we go along. Just did Ratatouille yesterday. Will be back to rank after we are done. :woot:

The Incredibles. The older I get, the more appreciation I have for this film.

I haven't seen the most recent ones but Incredibles and Wall-E are my favourites.

As far as their directors and lead writers go, Pixar's work has grown out of a fairly consistent group of guys.

Who are your favorites?

Brad Bird's animation work, inside and outside of Pixar is pretty much untouchable.

Personally I am a big fan of Pete Docter.

Brad Bird's my fave, followed by Andrew Stanton. In animation, that is. Peter Docter would be my third, though, he's great.

Brad Bird might be the best guy to have been apart of Pixar (dude needs to do a Star Wars film), but I love Pete Doctor. Up, his film, is probably my favorite. And Inside Out is amazing as well.

Pixar has definitely had its stumbles but as whole its been one of the best American film studios, period.

It's Pixar so even their bad movies aren't generally bad.

Cars 2 is unwatchable for anyone over the age of 7. There's a reason why it's their only film that was universally panned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"