A Simple Favor (Anna Kendrick & Blake Lively)

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
payoff_poster_rgb.jpg

A SIMPLE FAVOR, directed by Paul Feig, centers around Stephanie (Anna Kendrick), a mommy vlogger who seeks to uncover the truth behind her best friend Emily's (Blake Lively) sudden disappearance from their small town. Stephanie is joined by Emily's husband Sean (Henry Golding) in this stylish thriller filled with twists and betrayals, secrets and revelations, love and loyalty, murder and revenge.
[YT]rAqMlh0b2HU[/YT]

Saw the trailer for this just an hour or so ago. Looked intriguing. Haven't been to a movie since Proud Mary and that was disappointing. Before that was Last Jedi.

At this point in my life, I need to be picky and choosey about the movies I see, since they're down to about two a year. But this one has potential.

Oh wow, Paul Feig directed this? This looks nothing like his filmography. Curious to see how he handles a more serious film. Shame it looks so similar to Gone Girl though.

I think this looks pretty fun, even if it gives me discount Gone Girl vibes.

Talk about a trailer giving away everything including Anna Kendrick having an affair with Blake Lively's husband and what looks like Blake Lively setting up revenge.

I will watch this. Multiple times. In theaters.

The book this is adapting is REALLY good, guys. I recommend it. I didnt even know they were adapting this. I'm interested.

So is this like Gone Girl: BFF edition?

This was like a really well made soap opera on crack. Lots of twists and turns you wont expect. It's also really funny.

This was like a really well made soap opera on crack.

ga2Oqs66_o.gif

Lots of twists and turns you wont expect. It's also really funny.

I do hope that it's not a Game Night situation where the multiple twists makes the movie unconducive for re-watches. I loved GN but I don't think I can watch it again so hoping for better luck here.

I read a couple spoilers and it's almost like it's satirizing Gone Girl and Girl on the Train type movies regarding twists and turns.

Pretty much. Although it stands on its own as a movie.

Watching the trailer I thought they were going for Single White Female for a minute there.

Just saw this today. Was not expecting it to be that wild! Definitely shades of Gone Girl, but with a great self-aware humor. And I think I can safely say this is the first time I've actively LIKED Blake Lively in anything. I've found her tolerable at best in a couple other movies, but I really enjoyed her here.

I really liked her in The Shallows, but she brings a lot more in this movie.

Sounds like it’s going to make an ok profit. I’m surprised they didn’t advertise this better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"