A Song of Ice and Fire books

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buford The Sly

Hit'n the deck
Reaction score
By popular demand, this thread is for the books only the show has it's own Game of Thrones thread under Television. I would still use spoiler tags for the people who haven't finished A Feast for Crows yet.

Cool, I'm here too now. I would have found a way to slip GRRM into the title of the thread though. LOL, look at me, always complaining.

So any theories on Dance? I'm guessing it's going to be bloody for the Greyjoys and Tyrells.

Well we have all that action going on up by the Wall with the Red Lady and the king in her thrall. They have troops moving north by land and sea so they will probably take and garrison Winterfell. The Greyjoys are going to be destroyed there in that push north. Surviving Greyjoy troops will most likely be given the choice of death or the Wall so that will bolster their numbers even more.

As for the Tyrells, I haven't a guess.

After I finish the book I'm reading I have to go back and reread the series. When the show started I just revisited the first book.

I'm thinking Dany will Land in Dorne by the end of the book. At least I hope. I think Dorne will be Dany's best Westeros ally.

maybe...anyone kind of cheering for her to take the throne?

Only her own people and malcontents. But with Westeros now 7 separate warring kingdoms and all that's going on in the north, she could easily sweep in and win hearts ... especially with the dragons.

Just finished the first book and wow! So far Tyrion is my favorite character, and I look forward to his chapters the most. All the Lannisters except him can die bloody for all I care. Sneaky conniving lot the bunch of em, and Joffrey getting pitched off a tower would make me happy lol. I will be giving my thoughts on the second book as I read it. Should take me about a week. Im hoping to have the first 4 done in a month. I'm on page 78 now and when Tyrion showed up at court it was a great moment. Cersei was pissed lol.

Just finished the first book and wow! So far Tyrion is my favorite character, and I look forward to his chapters the most. All the Lannisters except him can die bloody for all I care. Sneaky conniving lot the bunch of em, and Joffrey getting pitched off a tower would make me happy lol. I will be giving my thoughts on the second book as I read it. Should take me about a week. Im hoping to have the first 4 done in a month. I'm on page 78 now and when Tyrion showed up at court it was a great moment. Cersei was pissed lol.

A Clash of Kings is Tyrion's book so you should really enjoy that one. He has some really great moments in A Storm of Swords too.

Only her own people and malcontents. But with Westeros now 7 separate warring kingdoms and all that's going on in the north, she could easily sweep in and win hearts ... especially with the dragons.

Once the Others bring down the wall, I think everyone will rally around the Dragons. I've read an interesting theory that Bran is shaping up to be the big baddie of the series. Now that would be an interesting twist.

Bran huh? That's interesting since he is heading north for some reason with Hodor and those kids. Or maybe he's being drawn to something Bran The Builder left there for him to make him whole again and Bond him permanently with the wall.

Robert has other bastards out there, why is Gendry so important?...is he the only male bastard, maybe its about who his mother is?

After much delayed I finally bought A Feast For Crows (UK paperback cover) yesterday and I'm currently reading it now.

Bran huh? That's interesting since he is heading north for some reason with Hodor and those kids. Or maybe he's being drawn to something Bran The Builder left there for him to make him whole again and Bond him permanently with the wall.

The theory I read was pretty well though out too. I'll post a link to it if I run across it again.
It had to do with mind control traditionally being an "evil" power throughout fantasy books. Also the fact them Jojen is constantly trying to reign Bran in with his Warging. Old Nan saying not to trust crows "they're all lyers."

Robert has other bastards out there, why is Gendry so important?...is he the only male bastard, maybe its about who his mother is?

Robert [BLACKOUT]has 16 bastards in all[/BLACKOUT] I believe. Cersei is was after Gendry because he was found out about that's all.
There's Edric Storm who Melisandre is always wanting to burn because he has King's blood. The seed is strong means that all the bastards have dark hair and blue eyes.

Robert [BLACKOUT]has 16 bastards in all[/BLACKOUT] I believe. Cersei is was after Gendry because he was found out about that's all.
There's Edric Storm who Melisandre is always wanting to burn because he has King's blood. The seed is strong means that all the bastards have dark hair and blue eyes.

Gendry if the focus because he's the one in Kings Landing, right under her nose. I also think that Ned's interest in him is a bit more than the love for a best friend's (almost brother in law) kid. I think judging from Gendry's relationship with Arya, they get along like siblings, like Jon and her. I think Gendry and Jon have either the same mother (if it's not been disprove) or their mothers were sisters.

Also, I don't take that whole Bran thing to heart. There are no outright heroes or villains, Septas and Maesters are often superstitious. Fear of the 3 eyed crow, fear of winter, way I see it is Bran is the first to unlock those powers in a long time and he is a Stark so he will probably take the wall since he can't be lord of Winterfell.

Last edited:
Gendry if the focus because he's the one in Kings Landing, right under her nose. I also think that Ned's interest in him is a bit more than the love for a best friend's (almost brother in law) kid. I think judging from Gendry's relationship with Arya, they get along like siblings, like Jon and her. I think Gendry and Jon have either the same mother (if it's not been disprove) or their mothers were sisters.

Also, I don't take that whole Bran thing to heart. There are no outright heroes or villains, Septas and Maesters are often superstitious. Fear of the 3 eyed crow, fear of winter, way I see it is Bran is the first to unlock those powers in a long time and he is a Stark so he will probably take the wall since he can't be lord of Winterfell.

Well Bran could certainly [BLACKOUT]Warg the Dragons[/BLACKOUT] at a certain point in the future. The whole Euron Greyjoy's [BLACKOUT]Valayrian Dragon horn[/BLACKOUT] is certainly a monkeywrench in Dany's plan.
I can see one, if not all three Dragons, not making it to the end.

Oh, I thought you were further along.

Did anyone see someone in the other thread speculating about Ned and Jamie and what happens to them at the end of the season? Wrong, but it's interesting to see what people think will happen. I guess they don't get yet that no one is safe.

Oh, I thought you were further along.

Did anyone see someone in the other thread speculating about Ned and Jamie and what happens to them at the end of the season? Wrong, but it's interesting to see what people think will happen. I guess they don't get yet that no one is safe.

It's bittersweet for sure. That's what I like about GRRM you get closure on some threads but it's almost always in a way you don't expect.
King in the North and Dragons will be great.

I'm 360 pages into the first book and love it.

When is the new one due to be out. It seems like forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"