A Song of Ice and Fire books

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having just finished ADwD myself, man oh man do I hope [blackout]Jon somehow gets even with Bowen Marsh and the others who cut away on him. However the idea of his soul being caretaken in Ghost is a cool idea too.[/blackout]

So what of this letter from Ramsay then? I do think it has to be a bluff that Stannis isn't really defeated. Such a despicable person this Bastard really is. Looking forward to seeing him get his just desserts. And the Wyman Manderly theory that he had those 3 Freys killed and used as Pies at Ramsay's Wedding was hilarious and awesome at the same time. Bloody Freys thinking they can use names like Rhaegar for example. The arrogance of that family.

And the more I read the story so far the more I dislike Robert Baratheon too. Now bring on The Winds of Winter, please

Having just finished ADwD myself, man oh man do I hope [blackout]Jon somehow gets even with Bowen Marsh and the others who cut away on him. However the idea of his soul being caretaken in Ghost is a cool idea too.[/blackout]

So what of this letter from Ramsay then? I do think it has to be a bluff that Stannis isn't really defeated. Such a despicable person this Bastard really is. Looking forward to seeing him get his just desserts. And the Wyman Manderly theory that he had those 3 Freys killed and used as Pies at Ramsay's Wedding was hilarious and awesome at the same time. Bloody Freys thinking they can use names like Rhaegar for example. The arrogance of that family.

And the more I read the story so far the more I dislike Robert Baratheon too. Now bring on The Winds of Winter, please
I say it's a bluff. Furthermore, I think it's actually from Roose, because if it is a bluff, it's more clever than I give Ramsay credit for. But a Theon chapter from The Winds of Winter is up on GRRM's website, and I think something in it made me rethink that, but now I can't remember.

I don't think Roose and Ramsay make it out of this alive. And while I don't think Stannis will survive the series, I don't think this is the end of his path.

And all this R'hlorr Lord of Light nonsense is getting beyond annoying. Queen Selyse being the blindest one of all and damn, couldn't she use a slap in the face!! :p

It does come in handy though, especially if you're a hulking barbarian pirate seeking to marry the most beautiful woman in the world.

It does come in handy though, especially if you're a hulking barbarian pirate seeking to marry the most beautiful woman in the world.

LOL so true. Really digging Victarion. And another character that I've really come to like a lot lately is Ser Barristan Selmy. Looking forward to seeing him as [blackout]Arstan Whitebeard plus his big reveal[/blackout] in the next Season. And I'll be interested to see how Strong Belwas turns out to be too. Just watched the Ser Barristan Selmy quits like a boss clip on YouTube. Might have to rewatch Season 1 sometime soon. :)

Last edited:
Yeah, the Greyjoys have become my favorite characters. Especially Victarion.

And I do suppose we all know that Theon knows that Bran and Rickon actually are alive yeah? Obviously he ain't going to spill that out just yet.

I wonder where the hell Rickon is?! Did Wyman tell Davos where they were and he went to go get him?!

Jon has a dream that Shaggydog is eating a unicorn. Unicorn's are known to have lived on the island of Skagos, where all the cannibals live in the North.

I think I'm going to reread the books in a month or so. Hate to admit it but I have only read the 2nd half of A Game of Thrones mainly due to the TV Series. Better go over what details the show may have omitted which in turn, I am rewatching Season 1 as I post this.

And I do suppose we all know that Theon knows that Bran and Rickon actually are alive yeah? Obviously he ain't going to spill that out just yet.
He knows he didn't kill them, at least. I don't think he knows they -are- alive, because I don't think he figured out it was Bran talking to him through the tree.
I think I'm going to reread the books in a month or so. Hate to admit it but I have only read the 2nd half of A Game of Thrones mainly due to the TV Series. Better go over what details the show may have omitted which in turn, I am rewatching Season 1 as I post this.
Why would you read only the second half of a book?

Oh at the time I was just keen to find out what happens next which is why I skipped the first half of the book. Won't be doing that again any time soon! :p

zpaIF.jpg

Has anyone ever entertained the possibility that Jon Snow is NOT Ned's son but
in fact the bastard son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark? And that his "promise" to his sister was to protect him? Just a thought I had while reading AGoT

Actually, most people seem to accept that theory. You'll find even more clues in ACOK and ASOS.

Has anyone ever entertained the possibility that Jon Snow is NOT Ned's son but
in fact the bastard son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark? And that his "promise" to his sister was to protect him? Just a thought I had while reading AGoT
:up:

Always good to see close readers.

:up:

Always good to see close readers.

:woot: thanks a lot, Bastard :hehe:

I'm obviously a fan of the show, but I've been writing my own fantasy series for about 10 years so I haven't really read anything since Lord of the Rings, though someone once suggested ASoIaF to me once. I got AGoT for my birthday and I'm really enjoying it so far, it makes me want to step up my writing which is saying a lot. I haven't had that in a long time.

Take a look at Joe Abercrombie sometime, and Paul Kearney as well.

The First Law trilogy for Abercrombie - The Monarchies of God for Kearney.

:woot: thanks a lot, Bastard :hehe:

I'm obviously a fan of the show, but I've been writing my own fantasy series for about 10 years so I haven't really read anything since Lord of the Rings, though someone once suggested ASoIaF to me once. I got AGoT for my birthday and I'm really enjoying it so far, it makes me want to step up my writing which is saying a lot. I haven't had that in a long time.

So you've finally gotten around to them ey Senty? Bout time :oldrazz:

So you've finally gotten around to them ey Senty? Bout time :oldrazz:

Haha, I haven't had the money to get them, but I got AGoT for my birthday. I can honestly say that it challenges me as a writer, and I've taken some real risks with my second novel. But that's for another thread :hehe:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"