A Song of Ice and Fire books

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, it took me several years of stupidity after being recommended A Game of Thrones before I read it, too. :o

Haha, I haven't had the money to get them, but I got AGoT for my birthday. I can honestly say that it challenges me as a writer, and I've taken some real risks with my second novel. But that's for another thread :hehe:

A healthy dose of incest? :funny:

Just wait till you finally see Victarion Greyjoy, now there's a ferocious man :woot:

F that, wait until he gets about halfway through the third book.

That **** all goes right out the window at that point.

A crazier theory than the
R+L=J
theory (which I think 99% of readers accept) is the one people have had after reading A Dance With Dragons:

Tyrion is actually the bastard son of Joanna and Aerys II.

Not sure if I buy that one...I guess it would enhance how
Tywin felt about Tyrion
even more, though, especially at the end of A Storm of Swords when he says,
"You're no son of mine!"
. Double meaning?

That "theory" is stretching, at best. It makes little sense, and there's little application to the story.

Honestly, I find that theory a load of crap.
Tywin's line there is just him disowning Tyrion. If it was true, I think it would actually diminish the relationship that was between Tyrion and Tywin. I find it much more meaningful that Tyrion is more like Tywin than Jaime or Cersei even though Tywin refuses to see it.

Yeah, I definitely don't dig that theory. The [blackout]Rhaegar/Lyanna/Jon[/blackout] theory, however... Honestly, I actually think it'll be a bit off putting if that doesn't turn out to be true.

Yeah, I definitely don't dig that theory. The [blackout]Rhaegar/Lyanna/Jon[/blackout] theory, however... Honestly, I actually think it'll be a bit off putting if that doesn't turn out to be true.

The funny story about the show was when David Benioff and Dan Weiss first met with GRRM about making it a show one of the first questions he asked them was, Whose Jon Snow's mother? They got it right and the rest is history. I'm not 100% sure he's [BLACKOUT]Rheagar's[/BLACKOUT] but I'm 99.9% sure he's [BLACKOUT]Lyanna's[/BLACKOUT] and not [BLACKOUT]Ned's[/BLACKOUT] at all. It will be disapointing to me if it doesn't turn out to be true. I'm guessing [BLACKOUT]Bran[/BLACKOUT] will be the one to fill him in on it.
Since he's a tree and all now. :yay:

Lol, also 'You're no son of mine' is hardly a double meaning anyway, it's pretty self explanatory :p

Hey, it took me several years of stupidity after being recommended A Game of Thrones before I read it, too. :o

I've only picked them up in recent months. Just started the third one this week.

Last edited:
The funny story about the show was when David Benioff and Dan Weiss first met with GRRM about making it a show one of the first questions he asked them was, Whose Jon Snow's mother? They got it right and the rest is history. I'm not 100% sure he's [BLACKOUT]Rheagar's[/BLACKOUT] but I'm 99.9% sure he's [BLACKOUT]Lyanna's[/BLACKOUT] and not [BLACKOUT]Ned's[/BLACKOUT] at all. It will be disapointing to me if it doesn't turn out to be true. I'm guessing [BLACKOUT]Bran[/BLACKOUT] will be the one to fill him in on it.
Since he's a tree and all now. :yay:

He has to be [blackout]Lyanna's[/blackout]. I can't see anyway for him not to be. For him to be [blackout]Ned's or there to be anything else going on there[/blackout] would just seem like GRRM has pulled something random out of his ash.

And then if she's the mother, [blackout]Rheagar[/blackout] almost certainly has to be the father. It just fits. All the puzzle pieces fall into place.

GzL3ssLooU-FTMnREV2kYQ2.jpg

Okay, seriously, who am I gonna have to **** to get book 6 out within the next 12 months? :cmad:

Every main character is going to die by the end of this. EDIT: I can see Sansa surviving.

Okay, seriously, who am I gonna have to **** to get book 6 out within the next 12 months? :cmad:

And with that dangerously open-ended question, Sawyer was never heard from again.

By the way, where the bad place is Rickon?! Is he supposed to be that one kid that Connington is babysitting?

Grand scope, brutal storytelling. Martin refuses to play to narrative norms and the level of intricate detail within his world will leave you exasperated, bewildered and absolutely infatuated. Sometimes it is tough to keep track of the multiple ebbing stories that meander through the books, but there is an inexorable sense that they are converging towards a crescendo of magnificent proportions.

By the way, where the bad place is Rickon?! Is he supposed to be that one kid that Connington is babysitting?

Rickon
is on Skaggos with Osha. Davos is indeed going to the right place.
I believe young Griff
is the Dragon pretender of those prophecies.

Rickon
is on Skaggos with Osha. Davos is indeed going to the right place.
I believe young Griff
is the Dragon pretender of those prophecies.

Isn't the Night Watch trying to get there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"