A Song of Ice and Fire books

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just started reading the first book. If I skip some sleep, I might be halfway caught up before Season 4 starts. :(

Themico_Robert_v_Rhaegar.jpg

Allways wondered where the wikia gets those images

I've started A Clash of Kings. Patchface's lyrics about shadows come to play/shadows come to say is foreshadowing of
the red wedding. The other stuff about merfolk, does that mean we might see some merfolk or some creatures of the Drowned God in future novels? I know Martin has ruled out any of the Gods outright appearing.

We haven't yet but maybe. One possible interpretation of that lyric is that it has to do with the Manderlys whose sigil is a merman with a trident.

Just started A Feast for Crows, read the prologue. I'm gonna talk Storm of Swords ending though.

So legit when Tyrion killed Tywin and Shae. Tyrion is one of my favorite characters, which means he'll probably die at some point. :( I was also glad when Littlefinger killed Lysa, she sucked. I'm predicting Arya is gonna become a badass assassin. I'm also pumped that Storm of Swords made Jaime into a likable character, which is amazing considering he pushed a boy off a tower in attempted murder, and he bangs his own sister. Friggin awesome series.

Tyrion will never die he's Martins Favorite character.

I just need Tyrion to live long enough to interact with Jon again. Anything more would be a bonus.

ok so I watch the show and read book two when I was locked up, can someone give me MAD spoilers please? I love spoilers!

ok so I watch the show and read book two when I was locked up, can someone give me MAD spoilers please? I love spoilers!

For your own good, get locked up again! :woot:

Seriously, best read. Or watched. Watching/reading the plot unfold isthe only way to really get the story properly. But if you insist on spoiling, I'd go to A Wiki of Ice and Fire.

I just started reading the first book. If I skip some sleep, I might be halfway caught up before Season 4 starts. :(

I too have started this book...I like it. Halfway through.

I'm 500 pages into Storm of Swords and Dany's chapters haven't been as bad as I thought they would (based on mum talk in the tv show thread). Theon is much more likeable in the books; more competent than tv show Theon, who seems like an idiot. I'm going to throw out a rough theory based on what I've read so far.

There is an Azhor Ahai walking around Westeros or one of the other continents. According to Melisandre, there's the god R'hllor and the Other. Catelyn Stark as Lady Stoneheart is an avatar, or embodiment of the Other, a rallying point and leader for the Others and the wights. I think this Azhor Ahai will be closely linked to the Starks. That way, the big conflict would return to Winterfell, just as the whole plot expanded from Winterfell.

Do I need to tag this sort of stuff in the future?

Last edited:
Yes and you've not tagged it properly....its not covered

http://themico.deviantart.com/

I'm 500 pages into Storm of Swords and Dany's chapters haven't been as bad as I thought they would (based on mum talk in the tv show thread). Theon is much more likeable in the books; more competent than tv show Theon, who seems like an idiot. I'm going to throw out a rough theory based on what I've read so far.

Really? I thought he was more unlikable in the book, the show made him more remorseful when he killed Rodrik and displayed the bodies of "Bran and Rickon." In terms of what he's done, he's more "evil" than Cersei (who I'd argue is the most "evil" character in the book) or anyone else because he betrayed the Starks for his family who had cast him aside. The only difference between him and Cersei is a) he's done in by his stupidity and b) (Very minor ADWD spoiler but season 3 already mentioned it) [blackout]he's capable of redeeming himself since he regrets betraying Robb.[/blackout]

Last edited:
Theon seemed more diplomatic toward Prince Bran and Rickon in the book. I'm thinking of the scene where Theon sat on the edge of Bran's bed and explained how he was taking over Winterfell. In the show, I remember more a straight sacking and Rodrik's death. Oh, and I noticed that whereas the show uses actors for Tyrion and Ygritte that are more attractive than their book counterparts, Asha in the book seems more attractice than Yara. Book Stannis is more interesting than show Stannis. You have a sense of nobility about book Stannis that's there with show Stannis. However, there's also the fact that book Stannis headed a religious inquisition. It'd be interesting to see how show viewers would react to that.

Last edited:
I don't recall if the assassination attempt on Bran has been resolved,
I remember something about Littlefinger having a dragonbone dagger. Was it ever clarified that he was the one who wanted Bran dead, possibly to spite Ned?

I forget which book it was in...

Robert had won the dragonbone dagger from Tyrion by betting against Jamie in a tournament and gave it to Joffrey. After Bran fell, Robert was drunk and said something to the effect of the gods would be cruel to cripple Bran instead of just taking his life. So Joffrey hired the assassin and gave him the dagger to kill Bran to try to impress Robert. Littlefinger just said it was Tyrion's to further ignite animosity between the Starks and Lannisters

I forget which book it was in...

Robert had won the dragonbone dagger from Tyrion by betting against Jamie in a tournament and gave it to Joffrey. After Bran fell, Robert was drunk and said something to the effect of the gods would be cruel to cripple Bran instead of just taking his life. So Joffrey hired the assassin and gave him the dagger to kill Bran to try to impress Robert. Littlefinger just said it was Tyrion's to further ignite animosity between the Starks and Lannisters

I don't think Robert gave it to Joffrey. I thought Joffery just stole it from Robert's war chest or something.

There is an Azhor Ahai walking around Westeros or one of the other continents. According to Melisandre, there's the god R'hllor and the Other. Catelyn Stark as Lady Stoneheart is an avatar, or embodiment of the Other, a rallying point and leader for the Others and the wights. I think this Azhor Ahai will be closely linked to the Starks. That way, the big conflict would return to Winterfell, just as the whole plot expanded from Winterfell.

Do I need to tag this sort of stuff in the future?

Well first off you cheated if you know about [BLACKOUT]Lady Stoneheart[/BLACKOUT] only 500 pages into ASOS. (Unless you meant A Dance With Dragons) :oldrazz:

Second your theory of
Azhor Ahai will be closely linked to the Starks.
is not far off IMO
I don't want to say too much since you have more books to go. But come back when you're done with ADWD and we'll bounce that [BLACKOUT]Great Other[/BLACKOUT] theory around.

The possible ending shot for S3 speculation tipped me off on her and Mance's army. Those two are what finally got me to check out the books. :up:

In your opinion, when do the Bran chapters start to drag? So far, so good (700 into ASOS).

Last edited:
So i'm audio booking these things and i just started a clash of kings! This is amazing! This series is phenominal!

Oh and Roy Dotrice deserves like a life time achievement award for just being incredible. Total boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"