A Spider-Woman film?

JabarR

Sidekick
Reaction score
Spider%20Woman%20Cvr.jpg

If there were to be a movie based on Spider-Woman, who would you like to see being casted in it? IMO, I think Cerina Vincent could play the title role of Spider-Woman/Jessica Drew.

dsc_0048.jpg

Spider Woman as a film would almost certainly fail. Id rather see her alter ego in the Avengers movie. MAYBE a cameo.

It's true, Spider-Woman would be panned on name alone for most guys. And the action would turn off a lot of women who just want a chick flick.

And Cerina Vincent looks pretty horrible in that pic. Any pictures of her looking hot and ten years younger, or are you casting a Spider-Woman who's not just starting out.

I would see a Spider-Woman flick being in the same vein as something like Buffy or Angel. The original Spider-Woman comic was set in Los Angeles and she fought all kinds of supernatural characters. She even later worked as a private investigator. It needs to be gothic and completely different to Spider-Man, so that no-one thinks she's a rip off of his character. I think Spider-Woman could appeal to the Twilight fans since it's a similar genre. Characters who could potentially feature in the movie are Morgan Le Fay, Hydra, Werewolf by Night, the Brothers Grimm, Nekra or Gypsy Moth. It definitely needs to be slightly macabre and spooky.

That Cerina Vincent chick looks WAY too old. Also, I don't know why you are posting a pic from the cartoon series. That is completely unfaithful to the comic.

I would rather see a Spider-Woman just starting out. That is far more interesting. She was unsure of herself, quite innocent in the ways of the world, slightly amoral and still rebelling against Hydra. She was also a woman out of time, since she was actually born in the 1920s or 30s but placed in suspended animation for decades. She also had to deal with the effect her pheremones had on people.

I'd suggest British actress Rebecca Hall for the role:

rebecca_hall_1291486i.jpg

Why? First off, she looks like the character, has an innocent beauty and can act. She was in Vicky Christina Barcelona and Dorian Gray, and in the former she was adept at playing nervous and innocent. Also, Jessica Drew is British, so a British actress would be entirely appropriate.

I think Catherine Zeta Jones, like maybe ten years ago would have been perfect for the role.

I only know Spider-Woman from those 1970's cartoons. And I never got why did she fly or have some rays coming from her hands, and web from her fingers. And she would transfor spinning like Wonder Woman.

You'll understand then I hope they don't make that movie.

I only know Spider-Woman from those 1970's cartoons. And I never got why did she fly or have some rays coming from her hands, and web from her fingers. And she would transfor spinning like Wonder Woman.

You'll understand then I hope they don't make that movie.

The 70s cartoons are nothing like the comic. There is no Wonder Woman type transformation in the comic and she doesn't shoot rays but venom blasts. Also she glides with those wings under her arms, not flies, and doesn't weave any webs from her fingers. There's also none of this stuff about her working at some magazine or having some kid nephew. The comic is much darker and macabre. The cartoon is the worst source to base a movie on, and if you've only watched that, then you'd get the wrong idea about the comic.

I still say Cerina could be Spider-Woman.

Who owns the film rights to Spider-Woman, exactly?

I guess Marvel. Her origin is tied to HYDRA, who appeared in CA:TFA

I guess Marvel. Her origin is tied to HYDRA, who appeared in CA:TFA

And also, if they used Julia Carpenter, would they legally be able to use her original costume from Secret Wars?
spiderwomanii.jpg

Or would it be considered too similar to the Spider-Man and Venom designs it inspired?
tumblr_l8yex706Da1qbpfelo1_500.jpg

And also, if they used Julia Carpenter, would they legally be able to use her original costume from Secret Wars?
spiderwomanii.jpg

Or would it be considered too similar to the Spider-Man and Venom designs it inspired?
tumblr_l8yex706Da1qbpfelo1_500.jpg

Jessica Drew should be used, not Julia Carpenter.

I would love to see a Spider-Woman film. At the present, i don't think the GA is ready for a solo female hero film; i am, but the general publuc? I don't know. I would also love to see a She-Hulk film. Every 'hero' based film/series where the female has been the lead, has been incredibly campy or just plain bad. If they find a formula that works, i say bring it. I guess that's why DC is hesitant to do Wonder Woman.

Btw, Cerina Vincent couldn't act her way out of a paper bag.

I would love to see a Spider-Woman film. At the present, i don't think the GA is ready for a solo female hero film; i am, but the general publuc? I don't know. I would also love to see a She-Hulk film. Every 'hero' based film/series where the female has been the lead, has been incredibly campy or just plain bad. If they find a formula that works, i say bring it. I guess that's why DC is hesitant to do Wonder Woman.

Btw, Cerina Vincent couldn't act her way out of a paper bag.

The problem is that superheroines don't appeal to men (unless sexualized) and women don't care about superheroes. Hence, they have a very limited audience.

The 70s cartoons are nothing like the comic. There is no Wonder Woman type transformation in the comic and she doesn't shoot rays but venom blasts. Also she glides with those wings under her arms, not flies, and doesn't weave any webs from her fingers. There's also none of this stuff about her working at some magazine or having some kid nephew. The comic is much darker and macabre. The cartoon is the worst source to base a movie on, and if you've only watched that, then you'd get the wrong idea about the comic.

God I took a whole year to read this. But I thought so.

I'd hope for Jess to show up in the Avengers at some point, eventually.
But I'm sure the problem that her character always faced with comic book fandom (to wit: being forever incorrectly identified with Spider-Man, to whom she holds no relation whatsoever) would be magnified a thousand times in film among general audiences and studio lawyers.

Of course she could just go by Arachnia or whatever Carpenter is currently going by these days.

I don't think Cerina's a bad actress or anything. But Spider-Woman has to be British, unless JabarR is casting Ultimate Jessica Drew. For the 616 incarnation, let's go with Michelle Ryan, who is of British decent, and kicks ass (see Bionic Woman).

dr-who-michelle-ryan-now.jpg

She wasn't kickass at all in Bionic Woman.

The problem is that superheroines don't appeal to men (unless sexualized) and women don't care about superheroes. Hence, they have a very limited audience.

More than a few generalisations there.

I don't think Cerina's a bad actress or anything. But Spider-Woman has to be British, unless JabarR is casting Ultimate Jessica Drew. For the 616 incarnation, let's go with Michelle Ryan, who is of British decent, and kicks ass (see Bionic Woman).

dr-who-michelle-ryan-now.jpg

She was absolutley awful in Bionic Woman and nothing like Jessica Drew. She's not even hot. Is that the only British actress you can think of?

And just because Jessica is British doesn't mean she has to be played by a British actress. We get British actors playing all American superheroes (Batman, Superman, Spider-Man) so an American girl could easily put on an accent, and that would broaden the field.

Michelle Ryan was indeed aweful. I don't don't think SW has to actaully be smoking hot though. How about Hayley Atwell?

But Godzilla2014 is right in the assessment that superheroines don't appeal to most men, and woman don't really like superheroes.

Like i stated before, the right balance/formula just hasn't been discovered yet; once it has, there's great potential for the likes of WW, She-Hulk and SW.

Michelle Ryan was indeed aweful. I don't don't think SW has to actaully be smoking hot though. How about Hayley Atwell?

But...but....you just negated your own statement. Because Hayley Atwell *is,* in fact, smokin' hot. :word:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"