A year since the release of X3; Have your thoughts changed?

Still a terrible, terrible film that can't be seen with the first two X-Men films....

Even the humor in X3 didn't compare to the first two.

Logan and Hank's first exchange was horrible when compared to Logan and Scott's 'you're a dick' or Logan flipping Scott the claw scenes in X1 or Logan's 'save it' comment to Kurt's babbling introduction.

So much of the dialogue in X3 was embarrassingly bad. Hardly anything memorably quotable like in the first two films. Rogue's comment about boys only wanting one thing and Charles' you of all people should know how fast the weather can change might be the only lines that comes close, but most of the dialogue is forgettable.

Maybe the movie would be okay if the story took place in a bizzare parallel Marvel universe were very little makes sense.:oldrazz:

Logan and Hank's first exchange was horrible when compared to Logan and Scott's 'you're a dick' or Logan flipping Scott the claw scenes in X1 or Logan's 'save it' comment to Kurt's babbling introduction.

So much of the dialogue in X3 was embarrassingly bad. Hardly anything memorably quotable like in the first two films. Rogue's comment about boys only wanting one thing and Charles' you of all people should know how fast the weather can change might be the only lines that comes close, but most of the dialogue is forgettable.
Yes, when I first saw the "weather" line on the trailer, I thought "damn we have a bad place of a great line there". But in the movie, it's said like "Hey, hello Storm, you of all people know how fast the weather can change, now let's have breakfast, shall we?". A line like that should be placed at the end of the scene, with one last take showing Storm's face, thus letting it get to us. But right after the line Xavier goes on blabbing. Shame.

Yes, when I first saw the "weather" line on the trailer, I thought "damn we have a bad place of a great line there". But in the movie, it's said like "Hey, hello Storm, you of all people know how fast the weather can change, now let's have breakfast, shall we?". A line like that should be placed at the end of the scene, with one last take showing Storm's face, thus letting it get to us. But right after the line Xavier goes on blabbing. Shame.

No he doesn't. He says 'You of all people know how fast the weather can change' and she stops, stares, and says 'There's something you're not telling us' and then they go in to meet Beast.

I think it did serve the trick of creating suspense. He didn't go on blabbing at all.

I have to say i hated the 'You're a dick' line - i also hated Scott's acceptance of it, and i laughed at Jean's reaction to his acceptance (she looks Scott up and down with contempt). It didn't bode well for the character even back then. When he tells Scott to keep his 'eye' open, it's Jean who reprimands Wolverine with a sharp 'Logan!'. It was all horrible.

No he doesn't. He says 'You of all people know how fast the weather can change' and she stops, stares, and says 'There's something you're not telling us' and then they go in to meet Beast.

I think it did serve the trick of creating suspense. He didn't go on blabbing at all.
Yes, I just did a mistake. Still, it doesn't stand out as it should, imo.

I have to say i hated the 'You're a dick' line - i also hated Scott's acceptance of it, and i laughed at Jean's reaction to his acceptance (she looks Scott up and down with contempt). It didn't bode well for the character even back then.

Funny, it looks like she smirks to me.

When he tells Scott to keep his 'eye' open, it's Jean who reprimands Wolverine with a sharp 'Logan!'. It was all horrible.

It's Cyclops who reprimands Wolverine with a sharp 'Logan!' as it should be.

Funny, it looks like she smirks to me.

No, she doesn't. She puts hands on her hips and looks Scott up and down as if to say what a wimp he is.

It's Cyclops who reprimands Wolverine with a sharp 'Logan!' as it should be.

I am convinced it was Jean who reprimands Wolverine.

No, she doesn't. She puts hands on her hips and looks Scott up and down as if to say what a wimp he is.

Jean looks annoyed at the bickering like she usually does, looks Scott up and down before he even says anything, and looks to give what I always interpreted as a smirk at Cyclops’ response… You obviously interpret it differently to the extent that you believe Jean puts her hands on her hips (which she never does) and gives Cyclops a look of disgust due to his response, and that’s all fine and well. I would just hate to think of all the nasty emotions Jean must be feeling towards Wolverine during the rest of the movie when she is giving him annoyed and angry looks too.

I am convinced it was Jean who reprimands Wolverine.

Trust me. She doesn’t.

My thoughts on the film are more or less the same: had its entertaining moments, had potential, but was not the great film it could have been. Oh, and as usual, too much Wolverine and virtually no love for Cyclops.

I have to say i hated the 'You're a dick' line - i also hated Scott's acceptance of it, and i laughed at Jean's reaction to his acceptance (she looks Scott up and down with contempt). It didn't bode well for the character even back then. When he tells Scott to keep his 'eye' open, it's Jean who reprimands Wolverine with a sharp 'Logan!'. It was all horrible.

I didn't like Jean's reaction either. I thought she acted like a *****. :cmad:

I Picked Yes Because After Watching It Again I Noticed That The First Act Is My Fave Of All 3 Films, Also Its On A Mutch Bigger Scale. That Being Said The Film Is Utter Crap Compaired With X2 But Thats Just Me

I watched it again today and still like it. It's not great but neither are the other ones, so it fits in perfectly.

Yeah x3 seemed like one big build up and at the most important part, you don't even get the girl. A let down.

My thoughts have not really changed. :p I enjoyed many parts of the film, but felt the script/ studio politics created many weak points -- it had more potential. I like both X1 and X3 equally, with X2 being my favorite.

Same here. My feelings havn't really changed even though I've moved on.

I still think its a good movie...but....the trailer was better then movie itself...lol...and the movie is sooo super rushed

no thoughts hav not changed...i liked the movie, even tho it left out alot and had room 4 so much!!! i guess i liked it bc jeane/phoenix was so coool in it...tho she really din do all that much...lol.....i really hope they do a directors cut with alot of extra footage!!

I've been rewatching the DVD again mostly because it has the better music score of the three movies, but it really isn't that bad as most fans claim it to be.

It does bring a sense of closure to these X-Men and hopefully continues with the newer breed of X-Men (Colossus, Angel, Iceman, Nightcrawler, Kitty, Beast), but there are missed opportunities with the film having a short running time and of course the dangling plotlines such as the Legacy Cure and Xavier's rebirth.

Maybe the writers can expand these ideas on a second trilogy of X-films.

Closure?!

What good is the Closure if it was Craptastic Closure?!

In The Opinions of many anyways.

Oh Thank God Rogue is human, Scott's dead, Jean's dead, Xavier's dead, Mystique might as well be dead, Wolverine's the home ec teacher, Beast is in office even though the X-Mansion probably needs more staff members, and Storm is trying to take on a whole school practically by herself.... Oh yea the unexperienced kid members are still around! :rolleyes:

Now that's Closure!!

:hyper:

Sorry i got carried away. :)

Closure?!

Oh Thank God Rogue is human, Scott's dead, Jean's dead, Xavier's dead, Mystique might as well be dead, Wolverine's the home ec teacher, Beast is in office even though the X-Mansion probably needs more staff members, and Storm is trying to take on a whole school practically by herself.... Oh yea the unexperienced kid members are still around! :rolleyes:

Now that's Closure!!

Hehe... well of course if you put it like that! :word:

Seriously, though, how would people have liked X3 to end instead?

The Phoenix Saga does end with Jean dying. She doesn't swish back into the mansion and start filing her nails as though nothing has happened. The ending isn't happy for Jean and Cyclops.

Would you have had Cyclops leave the team grief-stricken, as in the comics (and as at the start of X3), would you have had Wolverine go solo again and leave the mansion too? What else could Wolverine have done?

Mystique being cured is not that devastating; she's had her time in the movies and Rebecca said at one point she'd had enough of the make-up and that X3 would be the last time she did it.

A trilogy 'closer' has to bring some closure. What closure would you have done? I'm interested to hear.

Closure?!

Now that's Closure!!

My sentiments exactly.

No you didn't. You just inspired me to go into another one of my long diatribes about why this moive sucked. I'll post my diatribe later tonight.:yay:

Mystique being cured is not that devastating; she's had her time in the movies and Rebecca said at one point she'd had enough of the make-up and that X3 would be the last time she did it. .

I actually think she could be very interesting in an X4 film as a human. She's still smart and deadly with or without her mutants powers. Plus, I can see her having a "if I can't have my powers, no one can!" type attitude that could cause all kinds of trouble. :wow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"