Aaron Sorkin/Danny Boyle's "Steve Jobs" (Fassbender)

I loved, loved, loved The Social Network so I'll give this movie a gander.

This seems like a logical pairing. Should be good.

You still need a direct with some quirk, because a lot of weird **** happened behind the scenes over the years at Apple.

Steve Jobs: Sam Rockwell
Steven Wozniak: Danny McBride
Ron Wayne: Ian McDiarmid

Plus a fun "easter egg" role of Kim Raver as a sassy diner waitress named Suzie Orman. :)

Now that I think of it, Rockwell could really do that.

Nice. The biography was a good read. I hope he can get it done!

Sam Rockwell would do a fantastic job, and actually looks a little like Jobs; a critical thing the movie will have to capture will be the emotion hidden behind the eyes, and I think Rockwell could capture that. Hadn't considered him at all myself despite being a fan for years, and I don't think I've heard his name get thrown around at all. Great casting idea.

Steve Jobs was fascinating, genius, and often really cruel. I'm really excited to see what Sorkin comes up with; I believe they were friends, and I don't know if that's a good or bad thing, but I trust Sorkin. Psyched about seeing the traveling he did early on, and his relationship with his daughter. There's a lot in the book, so a ton of stuff is probably going to get cut out, but those two events can't really be glossed over.

Aaron Sorkin Reveals His Unconventional Approach to Steve Jobs
Source: The Daily Beast November 15, 2012

Although it is still without a director or a cast, Columbia Pictures' upcoming biopic Steve Jobs is already taking on some very interesting dimensions thanks to screenwriter Aaron Sorkin who, today, revealed to The Daily Beast details of his unconventional approach to the story.

"[T]his entire movie is going to be three scenes," Sorkin explains, "and three scenes only. That all take place in real time… There will be no time cuts and each will take place before a product launch. Backstage before a product launch. The first one being the Mac, the second one being NeXT after he had left Apple and the third one being the iPod."

Although things could certainly change, Sorkin also has a clear vision for how he'd like to end the film.

"I don't know if you remember the ad campaign he did," Sorkin continues. "It was the 'Think Different' campaign. 'Here's to the crazy ones.' That's how it began. If I can end the movie with that text and that voice over... If I can earn that ending, then I will have written the movie that I wanted to write."

You can view the original ad in the player below and be sure to check back soon for more details on Steve Jobs as they become available. You can also click here to view the full video conversation with Sorkin, including details on his connection to Jobs in real life.
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=97084

I dont know. It's ambitious but Im not sure I like how it sounds

As a writer one word - AWESOME!!!!

... unsure what the general public will think or what the trailers will be like lol.

Much better and much more promising than a conventional biopic.

Also forgot to mention, because some may not know this - I didn't until more recently - Sorkin started out as a PLAYwright rather than screenwriter. While this is new to film, in the world of stage theater it has been done so I think more that area of his background is being used here just for the screen instead.

Strange... but it could be really good. At least this approach will give it a much different feel than Pirates of Silicon Valley, which was a TV movie but still very good. Noah Wyle played a great Steve Jobs.

That sounds awful. It won't be, because it's Aaron Sorkin, but it sounds awful.

I'm especially interested in the segment involving the NeXT.

I wonder if they will cover the fact he wasn't a humanitarian...or if they will just gloss over it or just lie.

I wonder if they will cover the fact he wasn't a humanitarian...or if they will just gloss over it or just lie.
Jobs' lack of charity is often bought up by people and honestly, I don't care what he did with his billions. It would be great if he donated a couple of miilions; however, I never understand why some people chose to chastize him if he doesn't.

Can't wait for this! It sounds way better than what Ashton Kutcher is doing.

I had no idea that there were two separate Steve jobs movies in the works. I just knew that Aaron sorkin was writing one and assumed that the one coming out with Ashton kutcher was his...it looks like I can start looking forward to a jobs movie again lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"