Abandonned. Legendary Movies that Never Made it to the Big Screen

Del Toro's "At the Mountains of Madness" is one that has been in the back of my mind lately.

i remember back in the 90s there were rumors, or maybe it was just wishful thinking, of a Doom movie being made with Arnold in the lead and to be directed by Paul Verhoeven

man, that would have been pretty amazing
Yeah, I remember that, and think I got a link in a e-mail to some website writing about it back then. Would've been completely awesome.

in a pretty recent interview with James Cameron, he stated that he almost got to direct Jurassic Park until Universal & Spielberg beat him to it

as much as i love Spielberg's JP film, i think Cameron would have made a pretty badass JP movie that would have been much closer to the book

and this was Cameron back when he was on his A game

David Fincher's "Rendezvous with Rama"
Ridley Scott's "Forever War"

Timothy Dalton's third Bond film, The Property of a Lady, planned to be released in 1991.
What a shame. Without the long gap between LTK and GE, there would have been more films with Dalton as he was still under contract to play 007. And it would have been renewed along the way.
In 1999, Dalton still had the look for James Bond. Maybe TWINE could have been his last, who knows?

Last edited:
Wolfgang Peterson's Superman vs Batman would be interesting to see.

I really wish that Kevin Smith would have been able to make Fletch Won with Jason Lee back in the day.

Wow, lots of really cool ones I wasn't aware of:up:

I don't know if there was any truth to it but wasn't there at some point a few years back a rumor about a Dark Knight Returns film starring Clint Eastwood?
It would have been awesome. I might have just dreamt it though:woot:

A couple of years ago, Mark Millar claimed that he's had prove that, at some point, orson Welles was planning to make a Batman movie.This was supposed to be sometime after citizen kane (1941) and the early fifties.Millar at the time also claimed that he was in possesion of some early sketches...

I THINK it was proven to be ******** as expected...but it would have beeninsanely cool if it was true.

Alejandro jodorowskys dune of course. Just see some of the production art. Wouldve been spectacular visually

A couple of years ago, Mark Millar claimed that he's had prove that, at some point, orson Welles was planning to make a Batman movie.This was supposed to be sometime after citizen kane (1941) and the early fifties.Millar at the time also claimed that he was in possesion of some early sketches...

I THINK it was proven to be ******** as expected...but it would have beeninsanely cool if it was true.

If it came from Mark Millar it was probably nonsense, he is a notorious prankster (see: bull****ter)

I think he admitted that it was a prank afterall...but i'm not sure. I remember it was a big deal over at CBR forums when he announced it. I remember at some point he produced some sketches that he claimed was from the project. It LOOKED like it was made in the 40's ( i think it was Hitch's work)

And yeah, you're right about that guy.He's a walking talking Hype machine.

In the interview with Joe Ruby & Ken Spears, of Ruby-Spears Productions, on www.thundarr.com, they said that head writer Buzz Dixon had written a movie treatment for a big screen adaptation of Thundarr The Barbarian. Whether it was planned on being a live action adaptation or an animated one (ala The Lord Of The Rings and Fire & Ice), that would've been awesome.

I looked to see if Buzz Dixon's original script had been leaked somewhere. Unfortunately either Buzz or the people over at Warner Brothers have kept it under lock & key for the past 30 years, because it's nowhere to be found. So I wrote my own. You can read it for yourself at www.fanfiction.net. My pen name there is (what else) "Thundarr The Barbarian".

Dune by Alejandro Jodorowsky comes to mind. The proction art by Jean Gireaud, H.R. Giger and others alone is better than anything I've seen in Lynchs version.

Wolfgang Peterson's Superman vs Batman would be interesting to see.
Of course. That would have been awesome. Wolfgang did a very good job on Troy, imo.

I also want to see Kubrick's own take on A.I., but that's impossible now.

Del Toro's "At the Mountains of Madness" is one that has been in the back of my mind lately.

This x1000. ATMOM is one of my favorite stories, it's a shame that it will probably never see the light of day.

:csad:

James Cameron's The Mummy(based off the Anne Rice novel). It never got any further than him aquiring the movie rights to it back around when he was making Titanic. For all I know he still owns them.

For me, every time this kind of thread pops up. It HAS to be the James Cameron/Ridley Scott team up Alien 5/6 two parter. An epic grand scale invasion of Earth, with Engineers, Queens, Aliens, Dogaliens, etc starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, Nicolas Cage or Harrison Ford.

For me, every time this kind of thread pops up. It HAS to be the James Cameron/Ridley Scott team up Alien 5/6 two parter. An epic grand scale invasion of Earth, with Engineers, Queens, Aliens, Dogaliens, etc starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, Nicolas Cage or Harrison Ford.
Was that ever considered? If yes, wow

Considered? They pitched it to FOX, Rothman decided on doing Alien vs. Predator instead.

Ya it was, it would have been great. But Rothman thought he had a better idea. And he called it AvP.

Wow, Interesting:up:. Well, he really screwed up on this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"