ABC's Once Upon a Time - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's really a cop out. I love how this show is structured so closely to Lost yet it doesn't delay the mysteries so long which keeps the story fresh IMO

If it was like Lost, Henry wouldn't have opened the fairy tales books yet :)

They are filming the two part season finale right now and someone snapped some interesting shots...

Charming, Snow, Emma, Rumple, Regina, and Hook are all aboard Hook's ship in Storybrooke harbor. (Neal, Henry, Belle, Tamara, and Owen aren't seen anywhere). Emma and Snow also looked like they were packed/prepared for a trip or something. Hmmm...

Hmmmm maybe the cast is gonna be split up again. Would be great seeing Henry totally away from the entire Charming family and Rumple and Regina.

Yeah, I'm betting Henry gets taken or goes missing. That'd really be the only reason for Regina to have anything to do with it.

I'm not sure if I remember correctly, but did Tamara say she was from our world specifically or did she just say she was a human without any magic?

Yes, August asked her if she was from their world and she told him she was very much human. That doesn't mean she's never been to their world or known people from it.

Yes, August asked her if she was from their world and she told him she was very much human. That doesn't mean she's never been to their world or known people from it.

Well, if she's Ursula as some speculation suggests, she could have very well been turned human, like Ariel was. Hence why she's looking for magic.

Thanks. That makes me think she's a human from another world. Maybe Ursala is her grandma and was drained of her magic, so Tamara is trying to get some back for her?

being from that world also doesn't make you "inhuman"

No, but I think her response to his question was for us to assume that when she said "very much human" it meant that she wasn't a fairytale character or from the fairytale realm.

No, but I think her response to his question was for us to assume that when she said "very much human" it meant that she wasn't a fairytale character or from the fairytale realm.
Thats what I thought, technically Dr. Frankenstein is "very much human" but is still not from our realm

Wood doesn't conduct electricity. I call fowl.

No idea where the season finale is going to go, because I can't see how Tamara is a threat to anyone. She might be magical I spose, but the idea that Regina and Cora, 2 of the most powerful queens/witches, couldn't beat Snow and Charming (who lets be honest, have no power), but a random human pair can?!

I find it really funny that I'm reading this on the same website where I see people go on and on about how Batman can beat up Superman.

it's not a real world taser... it's magic of some sort

How do you know that?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just saw the quote. Okay whatevs.

So, my opinion is that most of the complaints I've been hearing about the episode are completely nonsensical. But the episode still had problems. Mainly the scene where August got de-aged. That was really bad. Not that it was badly written, it was okay on that front, but that it seemed to be very badly directed and edited. The pacing was wonky, it felt like characters just walked in on cue, the reaction of "happy smiled" when August got de-aged instead of "this is really weird and kind of inconveniences everyone" felt really off, and it went by way too fast. That scene is my only real complaint with the episode.

I'm very intrigued by the notion that there is actual magic native to our world, just extremely rare. I'd like to see that explored.

Last edited:
http://www.deadline.com/2013/03/michael-socha-cast-in-once-upon-a-time-spinoff/
Michael Socha Cast In ‘Once Upon A Time’ Spinoff
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

British actor Michael Socha has landed one of the three leads in ABC’s Once Upon A Time spinoff presentation. The project, from Once Upon A Time creators Eddy Kitsis and Adam Horowitz, takes place in pre-curse Wonderland. The story is told through the point of view of Alice, who is surrounded by two major characters, The Knave of Hearts (Socha), a sardonic adventurer, a man of action, a loner and a heart-breaker; and Amahl, described as exotic, soulful and optimistic. Kitsis and Horowitz are writing the 15-20 page, four-scene presentation with input from Zack Estrin and Jane Espenson. Production is slated to begin April 7 in Vancouver, immediately following the season wrap of Once there. If the project goes to series, Estrin is expected to run it with Kitsis and Horowitz, while Espenson, who has been a key member of Once’s writing staff since after the pilot, will likely return to the flagship drama, which Kitsis and Horowitz will continue to run. Socha, repped by KLWGN and UK’s Ken McReddie Assoc., just wrapped his starring role on BBC’s Being Human and recently starred in Twenty8K and Spike Island.
Love this. Loved him on Being Human. Might have to tone down that accent, though...

If this gets picked up and is successful I wouldn't mind them flash forwarding to a post curse Wonderland after 2 seasons. Esp if Once doesn't do anything with it. Having them line up would be great.

Once Upon a Time has been a huge hit for ABC on television, and now, like their other big hit Castle, it's coming to ABC's sister company under Disney, Marvel Comics, the publisher announced on USAToday.com.

Once Upon a Time: Shadow of the Queen tells an all-new story set in the world of the show, will hit stores September 4, 2013. It's written by co-producer Daniel Thomsen and Corinna Bechko (Star Wars Legacy, Planet of the Apes). Each chapter is drawn by a different artist: Nimit Malavia, Vasilis Lolos, Mike Del Mundo, Stephanie Hans and Mike Henderson.

The story takes place mostly in the old home of Fairy Tale Land, and centers around the Queen, the Huntsman, and his "forced servitude" to the dark ruler. The writers are using the unique connection between the two characters to explore the nature of good and evil and to see which of the two can influence the other more. Snow White, Red Riding Hood, and "a few new faces" are on the way, as well.

Thomsen said he enjoys the power of graphic novels as a medium over television.

"I was able to go wild and not have to deal with the repercussions of ordering up millions of dollars worth of visual effects and locations we don't have."

Bechko, meanwhile says she's somewhat nervous about keeping the show's tone in her writing, but says the characters are so unique, she can imagine their thoughts well.

"You can imagine what they're saying actually coming out of that character," Bechko says. "It's very help and a lot of fun, too, if you understand who the character is ahead of time and then get to play with that a little."

Once Upon a Time has of course drawn comparisons to a comic book that has already been in print for years, Bill Willingham's Fables at Vertigo, which also features an assortment of fable and fairy tale characters stuck in a town in the real world, working jobs that mirror their fairy tale past.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/once-upon-a-time-graphic-novel.html

Was only a matter of time. I'm actually surprised it's taken this long. It's a great way to present stories from the show's universe without needing to whip out the usual special effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"