Inhumans ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When will the trailer actually hit? I can't see Marvel marketing it until August since they have Guardians in another week, then they'll have to milk Spider-Man in July then Defenders in August. The problem is that leaves less than a month of marketing.

Please tell if I need to watch Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D to understand this?

I doubt it. At most, it might be helpful to know that Terrigen has spread around the world to cause people with Inhuman DNA to get powers. But, if you need to know that, I'm sure they'll explain it. And, if they don't explain it, I just did.

When will the trailer actually hit? I can't see Marvel marketing it until August since they have Guardians in another week, then they'll have to milk Spider-Man in July then Defenders in August. The problem is that leaves less than a month of marketing.

ABC up fronts next month!

C-1H-y4UIAEXwE3.jpg

Man I kinda wish all these Marvel shows were movies so that they could blend better with the cinematic side and actually cross over. Looking forward to this still though.

Was watching Fast Five last night and I was thinking about how great it would've been if they got Vin as Black Bolt in a movie

I am expecting this series to be delayed, They only have 4 months until September and there has been no advertisement from ABC or Disney yet.

Wow, it's getting real now. :ilv:
I am expecting this series to be delayed, They only have 4 months until September and there has been no advertisement from ABC or Disney yet.
Yea I've been saying this since the show was announced. If there's no trailer at the next comic con then I might be worried. But the fact that they've locked in a date makes me hopeful.

Man I kinda wish all these Marvel shows were movies so that they could blend better with the cinematic side and actually cross over. Looking forward to this still though.

Was watching Fast Five last night and I was thinking about how great it would've been if they got Vin as Black Bolt in a movie

Blend with the cinematic side? This show will apparently not even blend with fellow ABC show, Agents of Shield.

Blend with the cinematic side? This show will apparently not even blend with fellow ABC show, Agents of Shield.

The Marvel tv shows seemed like such a good idea when we thought they would crossover, but now we know that's highly unlikely, and I'm just wishing they would've waited and turned some of these characters into movies. DD and Punisher should've been movies and Luke Cage and IF should've been consolidated into a Heroes for Hire movie

Shows film during the season all the time. It's only 8 episodes and they only need the first two done by September 1st. The show won't air until mid to late September I'm guessing and there'll be breaks.

The upfronts are May 15, which is the time it would likely air. TV shows don't have the same trailer timelines as movies. Regardless, the IMAX date isn't getting pushed back because there isn't a place to put it back until next year. The later episodes might, but that doesn't seem logical. The turnaround time for a TV show is significantly less. It's not crazy to imagine a show where the final episode isn't even filmed by the time the first one airs. It's not like a movie or even a Netflix show in that regard.

The Marvel tv shows seemed like such a good idea when we thought they would crossover, but now we know that's highly unlikely, and I'm just wishing they would've waited and turned some of these characters into movies. DD and Punisher should've been movies and Luke Cage and IF should've been consolidated into a Heroes for Hire movie

And in what decade would you expect Marvel to get around to these movies?

Marvel isn't going to release a new movie every other month. Cloak and Dagger would be waiting a hundred more years to get a movie. A tv show isn't happening INSTEAD of a movie...a movie isn't happening so a tv show is another option.

You know not every movie needs a budget of over $150 million. Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Power Man could be made under $50 million. Plus it'd be a two hour movie which is easily rewatchable unlike the Netflix shows which is like at least 10 hours long.

I really wish this was a feature film. I just have a feeling it would look TV made especially the episodes that won't get an IMAX release.

Last edited:
And in what decade would you expect Marvel to get around to these movies?

Marvel isn't going to release a new movie every other month. Cloak and Dagger would be waiting a hundred more years to get a movie. A tv show isn't happening INSTEAD of a movie...a movie isn't happening so a tv show is another option.

Lol geez dude

It would just be nice to see some of these tv characters interact with the rest of the MCU. The budget discrepancy is also very noticeable and would be more noticeable if they appeared alongside each other. I would gladly wait for an Inhumans movie that would interact with the greater MCU instead of getting the show now

Basically Marvel should come out and say if they are ever going to crossover with the shows. It pretty much sucks that DD and Punisher probably won't pop up alongside the big guns

Has perlmutter def left marvel?
If so could they put the tv under mcu and feige?
Might have more of a chance then of there being a crossover from tv to film.

Lol geez dude

It would just be nice to see some of these tv characters interact with the rest of the MCU. The budget discrepancy is also very noticeable and would be more noticeable if they appeared alongside each other. I would gladly wait for an Inhumans movie that would interact with the greater MCU instead of getting the show now

Basically Marvel should come out and say if they are ever going to crossover with the shows. It pretty much sucks that DD and Punisher probably won't pop up alongside the big guns

I would agree that SOME crossover would be nice (like, Cobie Smulders could have joined Agents of SHIELD after that sitcom she was on ended). Even something like having Agent May walk past the screen in the background of Avengers would have been cool.

But I don't see any reason why a random nutcase with a gun in NYC should help the Avengers fight Thanos. Like...I live on the same planet as Bill Gates and a random tribesman in a Brazilian rainforest...but I doubt I'll ever cross paths with either.

The likes of Daredevil, Black Bolt, Iron Fist and Luke Cage should definitely interact with the Avengers.

The likes of Daredevil, Black Bolt, Iron Fist and Luke Cage should definitely interact with the Avengers.

Blackbolt yes. The others are street level.
Although yes us fans would love to see it.

Doesn't matter if they are street level. At least half of them joined the Avengers in the comics. Thing is they could made lower budgeted films like what Fox did to Deadpool and I guess Logan. But chose to do a partnership with Netflix. With shows looking like cheap TV with 13 episodes that are too lengthy, with the action and spectacle noticeably watered down. I don't see how a $50 million movie for Daredevil would have much constrictions as a 13 episode run that has a length of 50 minutes or more and a budget more or less $40 million. Then limit the cross over to just Tv characters. I am referring to the Netflix shows when I said that. But still other than Maria, Peggy, Nick and Sif, none of the big heroes appeared in Aos.

Last edited:
Where would the incentive to do something like that come from though? Why would Marvel want to use up one of their movie release dates on a lower budget street level hero?

Even if these were films, someone would be left out. I do agree though that Inhumans should have been a Marvel Studios film and not a hybrid film-TV project headed by the TV side.

Doesn't matter if they are street level. At least half of them joined the Avengers in the comics. Thing is they could made lower budgeted films like what Fox did to Deadpool and I guess Logan. But chose to do a partnership with Netflix. With shows looking like cheap TV with 13 episodes that are too lengthy, with the action and spectacle noticeably watered down. I don't see how a $50 million movie for Daredevil would have much constrictions as a 13 episode run that has a length of 50 minutes or more and a budget more or less $40 million. Then limit the cross over to just Tv characters. I am referring to the Netflix shows when I said that. But still other than Maria, Peggy, Nick and Sif, none of the big heroes appeared in Aos.

If Marvel made all the projects from Netflix into films and placed them along their pipeline, we'd have a schedule that would go well into 2025. And that'd be for just one film of each property. It'd also throw a wrench in sequels. If you come back with the argument "they could just put more films out a year", that's not even a good point. Marvel putting out more films lowers the quality control and also create a superhero fatigue.

The Netflix series is doing everything mostly right. Good solid characters with some good action (though there could be more). It's still better than anything on ABC.

If the heads of the movie and tv divisions were on good terms crossovers would probably be a possibility. I agree that Cage and Iron Fist should've been on the big screen (with separate movies initially, though) but Daredevil and Punisher work fine on tv, IMO.

Blackbolt yes. The others are street level.
Although yes us fans would love to see it.

I see people say similar things to this a lot and it's strange. Cage and Iron Fist are no more "street level" than Cap, Black Widow and Hawkeye.

Where would the incentive to do something like that come from though? Why would Marvel want to use up one of their movie release dates on a lower budget street level hero?

:huh: Marvel's incentive is to make money. I doubt they share the bias some of their audience members have regarding the "levels" of their IPs. I mean it's like asking what incentive did the company behind Get Out have for "using up" a release date on that movie. Spent $5 mil and made nearly $200 mil. worldwide. In marvel's case: Spend say $80 mil and make 6 or 7 times that worldwide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"