Inhumans ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Marvel made all the projects from Netflix into films and placed them along their pipeline, we'd have a schedule that would go well into 2025. And that'd be for just one film of each property. It'd also throw a wrench in sequels. If you come back with the argument "they could just put more films out a year", that's not even a good point. Marvel putting out more films lowers the quality control and also create a superhero fatigue.

The Netflix series is doing everything mostly right. Good solid characters with some good action (though there could be more). It's still better than anything on ABC.

See " some" good action. You know I wouldn't be so against Marvel TV shows if they are aren't so restricted and held back in terms of what they can do visually. Costumes look cheap, we saw like 2 minutes of Kun Lun, Jessica carrying Cage looked so fake, etc... And yet they have the advantage of hours of possible screentime but no not enough budget for the spectacle. Insteadthey make up for endless Talkings like as if those character "developements" is making their characters so much better when they are just trying to stretch the entire season for 13 episodes.

:huh: Marvel's incentive is to make money. I doubt they share the bias some of their audience members have regarding the "levels" of their IPs. I mean it's like asking what incentive did the company behind Get Out have for "using up" a release date on that movie. Spent $5 mil and made nearly $200 mil. worldwide. In marvel's case: Spend say $80 mil and make 6 or 7 times that worldwide.

What for, when you can make a big summer blockbuster and make even more money? And no, it's not remotely like asking why Get Out was made, because Get Out is not part of a shared universe and was not released in lieu of a bigger budget tent pole movie. If Blumhouse could have spent $150m and reliably made $600m+ then that's what they would have done. You can't take exceptions to the rule like Deadpool and expect those sorts of numbers with a PG13 Daredevil movie, especially when that sort of thing has already failed spectacularly once before.

See " some" good action. You know I wouldn't be so against Marvel TV shows if they are aren't so restricted and held back in terms of what they can do visually. Costumes look cheap, we saw like 2 minutes of Kun Lun, Jessica carrying Cage looked so fake, etc... And yet they have the advantage of hours of possible screentime but no not enough budget for the spectacle. Insteadthey make up for endless Talkings like as if those character "developements" is making their characters so much better when they are just trying to stretch the entire season for 13 episodes.

I don't see any other superhero TV shows that noticeably better than the Marvel shows. The CW stuff is certainly lagging way behind.

I don't care about DC shows as I don't watch it. Legion, however looks way more expensive that all of Netflix's Marvel shows and trumps most MCU shows.

What for, when you can make a big summer blockbuster and make even more money? And no, it's not remotely like asking why Get Out was made, because Get Out is not part of a shared universe and was not released in lieu of a bigger budget tent pole movie. If Blumhouse could have spent $150m and reliably made $600m+ then that's what they would have done. You can't take exceptions to the rule like Deadpool and expect those sorts of numbers with a PG13 Daredevil movie, especially when that sort of thing has already failed spectacularly once before.

I didn't say anything about Daredevil. In fact in the same post you quoted I said Daredevil works on tv.

And no one said anything about Get Out being part of a shared universe. The point was it wasn't a huge budget movie but still made lots of money. And again like I said in the post you quoted marvel is hot so any movie they release right now as part of their shared universe is going to make money. Not sure how you think spending $150 million and making $600 million equals making more money than spending $80 million and making $600 million.

I don't care about DC shows as I don't watch it. Legion, however looks way more expensive that all of Netflix's Marvel shows and trumps most MCU shows.

All two of them? Or one now since there's just Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter already got the axe.

I was referring to MCU shows not just ABC shows. When I meant trumps, its also about the quality.

The direction is certainly of a higher quality, but CG and set design are no better from what I recall. In fact the first episode in particular had a really ropey action sequence right at the end.

And no one said anything about Get Out being part of a shared universe. The point was it wasn't a huge budget movie but still made lots of money. And again like I said in the post you quoted marvel is hot so any movie they release right now as part of their shared universe is going to make money. Not sure how you think spending $150 million and making $600 million equals making more money than spending $80 million and making $600 million.

The fact that some movies cost little but make a lot is really neither here nor there. That is not the norm. Marvel are not "hot" by magic, their movies make a lot of money in large part because they invest heavily in them to make them the spectacle that they are. You can't take exceptions to the rule like Deadpool and expect Marvel to move forward with a similar model based on that when they already have a tried and tested superior way of doing things.

I heard that rumor about it airing with the Guardians IMax screening too. And since the Defenders trailer just dropped I think it's reasonable to think that Guardians rumor may be true. The two shows premier dates aren't that far from one another.

The fact that some movies cost little but make a lot is really neither here nor there. That is not the norm.Marvel are not "hot" by magic, their movies make a lot of money in large part because they invest heavily in them to make them the spectacle that they are. You can't take exceptions to the rule like Deadpool and expect Marvel to move forward with a similar model based on that when they already have a tried and tested superior way of doing things.

Superior is just your opinion. Mine is marvel can and should make a variety of movies and not just stick to the same formula. And the only thing abnormal about Deadpool (which I never mentioned) is that some of the suits at the studios (and some of the fans) tend to erroneously think a comic book movie HAS to have 150+ million budget to be "good". Like how fox was going to stupidly spend that much or more on a Gambit solo movie...:lmao:

000254980hr.jpg

Looks meh except for Crystal.

Gorgon just looks like a normal dude.
Karnak is missing the head piece.
Medusa's hair looks so fake!
Black Bolt's helmet is nowhere to be seen.

F*** Marvel Television!

Looks terrible. :(
That Medusa hair looks very fake. I like Crystal the most, I guess.

They should of at least given the midnight king the tuning fork crown.

Could've had a movie. :csad:

I mean as far as looks, Black Bolt looks how I'd expect him to from a physical standpoint, but the lack of the mask is a problem.

Crystal, Karnak, Gorgon and Maximus look fine.

Black Bolt looks like he should be flying on the Blackbird to Liberty Island. Very outdated.

Medusa looks absolutely terrible. The dress, the hair.....nothing's working.

I've enjoyed what we've gotten so far from Marvel TV, but Iron Fist was a disaster and I have huge concerns with Cloak & Dagger, Runaways, Squirrel Girl & the New Warriors and now Inhumans. I can't believe I am saying this, but it might be for the best that there's a sharp division between the MCU onscreen and on TV.

Chloe Bennet actually said that Marvel doesn't give a **** about their tv endeavors and I am starting to think she may have had something there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"