Abomination Toy Pic

Would have to watch the 03 one again but as best I can remember the word 'Hulk' was only ever used once and that was as throwaway description for that form, rather than recognising him as a seperate entity/personality with a name of his own.

That was one the of the biggest mistakes the TV show and Ang Lee made: The Hulk was never seen as anything but Banner, but in a dramaticaly altered state.

Giving the creature a name, and more importantly a personality, makes him distinct from Banner, giving the whole concept the duality it needs to makes him a true atomic age Jekyll & Hyde that Stan Lee always described him as.

I have to disagree about that statement being applied to the TV show. True, they didn't call him Hulk, nor did he speak, but he was very often called The Creature, even by Banner himself. And I felt like they adequately portrayed Hulk as a seperate persona that Banner was terrified of. Watch the episode "Married" from the second season...a personal favorite..where Banner faces off against Hulk in a subconscious, hypnotic state.

I have to disagree about that statement being applied to the TV show. True, they didn't call him Hulk, nor did he speak, but he was very often called The Creature, even by Banner himself. And I felt like they adequately portrayed Hulk as a seperate persona that Banner was terrified of. Watch the episode "Married" from the second season...a personal favorite..where Banner faces off against Hulk in a subconscious, hypnotic state.

As long as he's not just treating the Hulk as an extension as in Ang's... I'll be happy.

As long as he's not just treating the Hulk as an extension as in Ang's... I'll be happy.

I agree. I think that was the 03 movie's biggest oversight. It's a slight side step, but it makes all the difference.

Though I love Ang's hulk that is one quip I had, it's always been like hulk and banner sharing the same mind, that's why we have the inner stuggles in the comics. Unfortunately in Ang's it just seemed like an angry banner, that seperate personality never came across, well except for maybe the 'Puny human' part.

Though I love Ang's hulk that is one quip I had, it's always been like hulk and banner sharing the same mind, that's why we have the inner stuggles in the comics. Unfortunately in Ang's it just seemed like an angry banner, that seperate personality never came across, well except for maybe the 'Puny human' part.

Exactly we got a glimpse of it... and yet that scene ALSO could have been viewed as Banner seeing himself as a mere "Puny Human" and liking the Hulk form over his own... ugh, disgusting.

Even if this Hulk doesn't talk, Banner has to fear it. He has to fear that loss of control. Which I think he will as he is meditating to control / looking for a cure.

Exactly we got a glimpse of it... and yet that scene ALSO could have been viewed as Banner seeing himself as a mere "Puny Human" and liking the Hulk form over his own... ugh, disgusting.

Even if this Hulk doesn't talk, Banner has to fear it. He has to fear that loss of control. Which I think he will as he is meditating to control / looking for a cure.

I like that idea of Banner meditating as a means of emotional control. I always thought that was something Banner should do....search out some way of controlling his anger as a means to keeping Hulk "caged". I'm surprised Banner never became a pot-head. LOL.

I like that idea of Banner meditating as a means of emotional control. I always thought that was something Banner should do....search out some way of controlling his anger as a means to keeping Hulk "caged". I'm surprised Banner never became a pot-head. LOL.

LOL. "If I don't smoke it... I just don't feel normal anymore Betty... I can't sleep... I get irritated... and have anxiety attacks and and... the beast that dwells within just just ,....AHHH NO It's happening again!!!!! ARRRGGHHH"

Gentleman at WM was kind enough to open a case for me tonight as I searched for new Indy figures. Scored two Abomy's, which are two to a case.

abomy-1.jpg

Not too bad, not too great either. I got him mainly because he's an actual non-Hulk character in a Hulk line, which is INSANELY rare. :oldrazz:

LOL. "If I don't smoke it... I just don't feel normal anymore Betty... I can't sleep... I get irritated... and have anxiety attacks and and... the beast that dwells within just just ,....AHHH NO It's happening again!!!!! ARRRGGHHH"

Tune in, turn on, HULK OUT!

"What Hulk talking about again?"

My brother just picked me up an Abomination figure when he went to Target this morning.

Seen the figures this morning, passed right by them. Ugh, how could Marvel sign off on such cheap looking product?

^Nice, what else did you see?

I saw I think three other Hulks: mega clap, one of with a steel beam, and one with pieces of a car. Also, Target had some of the vehicles this morning too, but I didn't gander at them. :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"