About Batman Comics

N

Nightmaresink

I haven't read Batman comics since like 5 years old, and was wondering, has Batman ever actually died?

I know Marvel usually kills and brings back but wasn't sure about DC. Thanks :p

No, but he did have his back broken once.

Well that depends on which Batman your talking about.The original Batman from the 40's and later became knowen as Batman of earth 2 did in fact get killed.

oh ok. i doubt he would have but with all he has been through never know. And for some reason i got the first issue where he got his back broken.

well, it is true. Just like the whole Captin America thing, when his new movie comes out they will have a huge thing about how the old Cap death was a cover-up to let things settle down.

The Earth-2 Batman died.
And in a recent Batman/Superman story the Joker used Myzpxlasd's powers to torture and kill Batman many times and then resurrected him.

So, yes. He died.

A few mulitverse Batmen have bit the dust (Red Son, Earth 2, Emporer Joker story)

And if rumours persist...

well, it is true. Just like the whole Captin America thing, when his new movie comes out they will have a huge thing about how the old Cap death was a cover-up to let things settle down.

That may very well happen but the fact is DC has been killing and bringing back it's characters almost as long as Marvel has.[if not longer]

It's not a very uncommon thing to happen in any comic book publishing house.

I haven't read Batman comics since like 5 years old, and was wondering, has Batman ever actually died?

I know Marvel usually kills and brings back but wasn't sure about DC. Thanks :p
No Batman has not "died". And they better not pull that dying crap with him. Batman's been through his whole big "saga". It was called Knightfall.

Batman got his back broken by Bane. Then he was healed. They better not ever take Bruce away again. They better not ever pull that played out, dried up "Death of..." crap with the best DC has to offer. It was done very well with Superman and ever since then they have tried to copy that. Well it is dumb and needs to be thrown out and never used again for any comic book out there.

they've been killing and bringing people back loooooong before Superman...hell, I think you'd need to use both hands to count how many times Jean Grey died and came back...

No Batman has not "died". And they better not pull that dying crap with him. Batman's been through his whole big "saga". It was called Knightfall.
Batman got his back broken by Bane. Then he was healed. They better not ever take Bruce away again. They better not ever pull that played out, dried up "Death of..." crap with the best DC has to offer. It was done very well with Superman and ever since then they have tried to copy that. Well it is dumb and needs to be thrown out and never used again for any comic book out there.

Like I said the original Bat Man did in fact die.But they never brought him back.

Yeah Batman has died, in the multi-verse and what-not. But no, the Batman we know has never died, and hopefully never will in a DC story...

I always liked the the Batman Black & White story where he's shot in the head by a random nerd.

Not read any Black and White but I hear nothing but good things, any reccomendations for which one to pick up first?

Not read any Black and White but I hear nothing but good things, any reccomendations for which one to pick up first?
Both are good.
But, personally, I prefer the first one. Which here in Brazil was originaly released in four issues, if I remember correctly.

Huh, I guess i'll pick that up as well. What I really mean is add it to the list of books I really want but can't afford!

Batman died in the 'Obsidian Age' arc in JLA. But he came back.

Here is the thing about deaths.... Superman died and yeah he's an alien... There are ways to bring him back... Spidey dies well he's superhuman so he could be brought back...

If the Hulk or someone was killed YEAH AGAIN superhuman...

Someone like Captain America getting shot in the head by a sniper... WELL MARVEL WILL HAVE TO DO SOME WORK W/ THAT...

if batman died, it is unlikely but possible that he could be brought back to life, BUT I MEAN... he's not superhuman... he's a man plain & simple... THEY CAN'T BRING REGULAR PEOPLE BACK FROM THE DEAD............ it just isn't believable... even in COMIC BOOKS

Here is the thing about deaths.... Superman died and yeah he's an alien... There are ways to bring him back... Spidey dies well he's superhuman so he could be brought back...

If the Hulk or someone was killed YEAH AGAIN superhuman...

Someone like Captain America getting shot in the head by a sniper... WELL MARVEL WILL HAVE TO DO SOME WORK W/ THAT...

if batman died, it is unlikely but possible that he could be brought back to life, BUT I MEAN... he's not superhuman... he's a man plain & simple... THEY CAN'T BRING REGULAR PEOPLE BACK FROM THE DEAD............ it just isn't believable... even in COMIC BOOKS

Green Arrow died and was brought back.He was and still is only human.I cant sppek on how believeable the story was but the fans have accepted it.

If they did it with Batman my guess is that the same state of mind would apply.

THEY CAN'T BRING REGULAR PEOPLE BACK FROM THE DEAD............ it just isn't believable... even in COMIC BOOKS
Jason Todd says "Hi".

They do a lot of unbelievable things in comics. Nothing is out of bounds.

Morrison is going to kill Batman and Bat-mite will ressurect him. It will involve clinical experiments, space medicine, the Third Man, the stone figure and aliens of Zen Ur Rah or whatever that is.

Green Arrow and Jason Todd would beg to differ.

Earth 2 Batman died

Batman died thousands of times in the Emperor Joker story which isn't an elseworlds

JLA died in Obsidian Age

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"