Abuse of Power Thread (Cops, Governments, Etc.) - Part 2

Discussion in 'SHH Community Forum' started by Thread Manager, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]495093[/split]

2. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]476501[/split]

3. Mike_D202

Mike_D202 Green Lantern's roommate

There's a lot of people that go after poor people in general to get what they want, him being a cop he promised them clean records and not to take them to jail. If he we working a different profession he would have done it some other way, he's a predator and predators will try and get what they want regardless of profession. The guy probably date raped a lot of women in college.

4. Lencho01

Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

And? That doesn't change the fact that race is a factor. Again, part of the reason why some people thought this case would end up in his favor.

5. Lencho01

Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Edit.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  6. Golgo-13

Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

Poor people with records (or that have had trouble with the law) was definetely a factor for this sicko, as i can see him probably doing this to trailer park, meth head/street walking white girls too; the girls being black was a plus for him; not only because the law would believe him over them, but also because there's still this no snitching - 'handle **** ourselves' -mentality in the black community that's still very much in place.

7. DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs

DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs Well-Known Member

Not gonna lie, the fact this thread made it to its 3rd one in a relatively short amount of time is kind of disturbing.

8. Wylie Times

Wylie Times Well-Known Member

I get so sick of people perpetuation this nonsense. Often black people are AFRAID to call the police.

I'm black, grew up and have lived in black communities for most of my life that "no snitching" stuff only exists among the criminal element and they make up a VERY small portion of black communities.

Criminals not going to the police and not "snitching" isn't unique to black criminals either.

Do you honestly think NONE of the the other cops knew what Daniel Holtzclaw was doing? How many times have we see incidents where a cop claimed one thing but something else completely different happened but none of their peers turned them in for misconduct?

How often do we see instances at other institutions (colleges, businesses, government agencies) where misconduct goes on and the people aware of it look the other way and say nothing?

Usually when people don't call the police when a crime has happened it's out of fear, not a need to "hand ****" themselves. With Black people there's the added fear that the cops will shoot and kill someone for a major crime or that they'll be arrested or beaten even though they called the cops.

There was a situation just a year or so ago where a black woman called the cops to help her son who suffered from schizophrenia and needed medical attention. The cops showed up, saw he had a screwdriver and shot the man dead right in front of his mother.

Even if someone has committed a crime most decent people don't want to see someone possible shot and killed over a non violent theft or drug deal.

9. Teelie

Teelie The Incredulous Spider-Man

UK citizens may soon need licenses to photograph some stuff they already own

Go, go copyright insanity! Seriously. Objects in photographs can require a license for more than a century after whoever designed them dies and the government could not care any less about the impact this stupidity has on society.

Ars Technica

10. Teelie

Chicago police killing of unarmed teen unjustified, fired investigator says

I'm a bit late on this one but I don't see it mentioned in the search history either. The cops initially tried to pin the murder on two innocent men a few blocks away to hide their crime.

This is only part of the much longer article posted at the link below.

CNN

11. Teelie

Cop who wanted to photograph teen’s erection in sexting case commits suicide
    Cop accused of unrelated pedophilia charges but lauded for his "contributions."

It turns out he was also a pedophile.

Ars Technica

12. Teelie

The killing of Laquan McDonald: The dashcam video vs. police accounts

This case just shows how much the cops are willing to lie and lie for fellow officers. The full article details all the discrepencies in the claim versus what appeared to actually happen.

CNN

13. DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs

UPDATE: Grand Jury Will Not Indict Cleveland Cops For Killing 12-Year-Old Tamir Rice

[​IMG]

http://gawker.com/grand-jury-will-not-indict-cleveland-cops-for-killing-1-1749965906

This is absolute BS

14. Victarion

Victarion Iron Captain

100% agree with you DJ. This case seemed pretty cut and dry.

15. Docker2.0

Docker2.0 Watchin' you!

It's crazy how some people are viewing this case. There's no way those cops should have gotten off. But you go to other sites into the comments sections and you see some of the most racists comments supporting the cops. God forbid it happens to their kids! There were so many things wrong with how it was handled. I hope the family sues that city and states ass off! This country has gone race crazy! I remember when Obama won the election people kept saying that racism is over with because we have a black President but it seems once he won, everything that was under the surface has seemed to boil over big time! People are now hating black people, Latinos(seems that they are all here illegally, even the Puerto Ricans let some tell it)Chinese(they are taking all the jobs)and any other race. It's like we went backwards over night!

16. Wylie Times

it should be noted that John Crawford was shot and killed in a similar situation in Ohio.

Crawford was in a Walmart, picked up a bb gun that was sold in the store, someone called the cops and lied saying Crawford was pointing it at people, the cops showed up and killed him.

The Cops claimed they came into the store, Crawford pointed the gun at them so they opened fire. The grand jury bought their story and let them off, afterward they released video show the cops were absolutely lying. Crawford was seen in the story walking around (not pointing the gun at anyone), the cops show up, Crawford immediately dropped the gun and dove for cover, the cops basically chased him down and shot him.

The only thing that shocks me about these incidents is how people react to them. There should be no surprise that the cops get off. Cops RARELY go to trial when things go to a grand jury, once the words "grand jury" are uttered that means the cop is getting off. I'm also shocked that people continue to think things like this JUST started happening, this has been happening to black people in particular for decades upon decades, the only difference is that now there's video of it happening.

17. Phish

Phish Active Member

So would the cops have shot an open or concealed carry(legal in Ohio) white person with a REAL gun in a similar situation?

I think not. And that is the main point for me. White people get the benefit of the doubt and get a chance to surrender even after they have killed people. See the planned Parenthood nut and the Batman movie killer as prime examples.

18. Docker2.0

Docker2.0 Watchin' you!

Dude that guy at Planned Parenthood shot cops and other civilians and was taken alive. How is that possible? Anyone who says that race isn't a factor is either living in fantasy land or...............there is no other alternative.

19. DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs

I posted that story in one of the already 2 closed threads that this thing has turned into. I had no idea how quickly these would pass, it's sad. I don't even post everything I come across these days. If you find any stories feel free to post them here.

20. DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs

https://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/3yk0fp/prosecutor_says_officers_wont_be_charged_in/

Found this on Reddit and thought it was very telling

21. Mike_D202

Mike_D202 Green Lantern's roommate

You guys do know that these cases go through months of evidence, testimonies and/or footage that the jury deliberates over and over and over before coming to a conclusion, right? Most of the time there's evidence and legal factors that go into a case that are not released to the public. To you guys it may be "cut and dry" to charge the officers, but it wasn't to the jury. Your innocent until proven guilty, this is no different. The gun wasn't bright yellow or pink or even orange tipped, it looked like a hand gun and he pulled it out as the cops pulled up. It's an unfortunate situation for everybody involved. Maybe if they would have went after a different charge towards the officers that was less than intended they would have been charged. But everybody wants to go straight for the jugular in cases like this because of media hype. There are no winners here.

Here's the gun he pulled out of his pants when the cop car pulled up, in case those of you whom have lost common sense in split decisions the cops have to make:

[​IMG]

And here he is pointing it:

[​IMG]

He wasn't out in the park playing with a squirt gun, he took the orange tip off of the gun and was pointing it at strangers. The cops were called and when they pulled up he pulled it out. I'm not sure what anybody would have expected to happen at that moment.

I think some of you are blinded by your own views and hatred of the police and justice system to think with a clear head.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  22. Teelie

I think you are blinded by just how ineffective the judicial system is when it comes to cops breaking the laws they are meant to uphold and how infrequent they even get that far as a grand jury. I think and it is not an exaggeration that over 92% of all juries decline to indict cops. I'll reply later with the actual statistical data proving it.

23. DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs

This is absolute horse s***. They cops pulled up and shot him within 2 seconds yet the officer claimed he told him to lower the weapon 3 times in that 2 seconds. Get out of here with this garbage.

24. Teelie

Still looking up the exact figures on overall indictments but when it comes to killing people, it is distressingly higher.

Part of the problem is cops don't have to report their own criminal statistics to the FBI or anyone else so it's very hard to come up with an accurate number of crimes they commit since they don't report them.

Politifact

25. Wylie Times

Go for the Juglular?

Do you not understand what a grand jury actually is? All they do is decide if there is enough evidence for charges to be filed. It's not about determining guilt or innocence.

Nobody is saying they should just be thrown in jail or executed immediately. All anyone is saying is that they should At LEAST be charged and go trial. That's really not asking much.

The simple fact the the officers initially lied about what happened is grounds for for them charged and going to trial. People end up being charged for crimes for MUCH less than what we know those cops did.

The reason you go to trial is so a more thorough investigation can take place and a person can receive the most fair hearing possible and be judged by a jury of their peers.