Abuse of Power Thread (Cops, Governments, Etc.) - Part 2

Discussion in 'SHH Community Forum' started by Thread Manager, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Teelie

Teelie The Incredulous Spider-Man

Sharia Law anybody? Remember when that threat? Where are all those doomsayers now with this church setting up their own police force?

2. RockSP

RockSP MYTH SMITH ˆž∞!!!

I think there's cussing so I can't link but just look up "State Troopers take guys phone & accidentally record themselves debating the best way to frame him" on youtube.

Lencho01 likes this.
  3. KRYPTON INC.

KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Not too personally sympathetic to the open carry movement but what was recorded was straight up corruption whatever the troopers' motivations were. They were talking about making up witnesses to justify their actions and looking for excuses of any kind to charge/ticket this guy.

Looking into the comments it seems the civilian was protesting a DUI checkpoint, so again... I'm not necessarily too sympathetic to him personally and can even think to myself that showing up with a firearm in those circumstances he's just asking for trouble, but what was recorded was point blank corrupt practices by those troopers and they seemed to have an SOP when it comes to these kinds of incidents, so I have little doubt that this isn't the first time they've done this kind of thing.

Teelie likes this.
  4. Teelie

Apparently this happened back in 2015 but we're only now hearing about it.

5. RockSP

RockSP MYTH SMITH ˆž∞!!!

6. Sithborg

Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

"Random". Can't see the article, but I assume that the victims were not white.

Lencho01 and Teelie like this.
  7. Holiday

Holiday Celebrate

If the victims were not white it would be in the headline.

8. KRYPTON INC.

I would say that whatever that supposedly implies is besides the point, but I will add, from unnecessary shootings, harassment and unwarranted physical assaults by police on citizens, it's minorities that are the canary in the coal mines. And so if it's coming to light that this is indeed occuring more with caucasians as the victims of police brutality or overreach, well... People were saying this **** for years but were ignored. So whatever point trying to be made that if these were non-whites it would be in the headline, the truth is that it shouldn't happen to anyone but police abuse and corruption has been an issue many have tried to bring to the forefront but as long as it was a certain "type" being victimized, regardless of the headlines produced, it was okay with a segment of the public. Despite the outcry of "headlines" talking about race the phenomenon continues and the reforms necessary go at a snail's pace, maybe partially because some think it was JUST a minority issue... Except it's not. It's an American Citizen issue.

But, uh, keep on scoring those Internet Points with the attempts at sly humor.

Teelie likes this.
  9. Holiday

Holiday Celebrate

If I wanted to score internet points here, I would have posted in agreement with Sithborg and thrown in a comment about how the story reflects Trump's America.

Yeah, I had a smart ass reply to Sithborgs post which is what it deserved. The facts of this story and victims involved are not as important to them as to the story they've already got in their mind. All too common here, and you can look no further than your own comments in the Guns thread when the Martin/Zimmerman case was discussed. Or maybe I should say lack of comments, since you bailed whenever the facts of what actually happened were presented there.

My point was, if this cops actions were motivated by racial hatred that would be the headline and driving point of the story, as it should be if that were the case obviously.

10. RockSP

RockSP MYTH SMITH ˆž∞!!!

11. Teelie

And the cops wonder why people don't trust them...

RockSP likes this.
  12. Teelie

Cops are only punishing themselves with that kind of behavior. Of course when they get called for it they plead innocent. Which is ironic given how many of them are guilty of crimes.

13. KRYPTON INC.

Texas woman killed by police officer attempting to shoot her dog

Understand... through malice or buffoonery when this happens and we just keep on keeping on as a society or vilify those bringing it to our attention or continually make excuses for a group we empower with so much authority all you end up doing is contributing to these events.

I have said it before and I will say it again... In the USA non-Whites are the canary in the coal mine for abuse of power in both terms of government policy and misuse of lethal force by law enforcement. Once assured that the consequences for abuse of Non-Caucasian citizens will be tolerated there tends to be "mission creep".

But in bringing attention to this I guess I'm just an "Anti-Cop *******" and not just another of your fellow citizens that feel that those we give so much authority and indeed social honor to (both with good reasons, we need police and it's a tough and sometimes dangerous job) should be held to high standards and that an orderly society should not have to trade safe streets for the feelings that maybe we shouldn't feel AFRAID when interacting with law enforcement either, again, malice or incompetence.

If you are a Right Winger/Conservative/Libertarian type always going on about government overreach but you focus on marginal tax rates over the shooting of unarmed citizen by law enforcement... I'm sorry but your diligence in regards to your commitment to your supposedly well thought out and important ideals and philosophy is laughable at best, tragically hypocritical at worst.

From better training and screening of officers in the field to making sure they face real and hard penalties when they cross the line this issue will not even begin to be addressed so long as so called Conservative Americans seem to always reflexively side with police (despite again claiming to always be on the lookout for government overreach) and try to vilify anyone that brings this problem up as being "Pro-Crime, Anti-Police, Anti-American" or whatever other untrue bull**** that helps to keep us with blinders on. Is every Cop corrupt or inept? No. And it's disingenuous to suggest that is what critics of law enforcement agencies or policy are saying. But how many extra-judicial executions due to malicious intent or malfeasance are we supposed to tolerate from law enforcement? Because let us not pretend that these are somehow less seen today than at any time.

Teelie likes this.
  14. Teelie

The dog was just doing it's job to protect it's human. The cop was just trigger happy ready to kill the dog but his aim is so terrible he ends up shooting an innocent woman who had done nothing. The cop could have used his taser or pepper spray or a stun gun or even a baton to fend off the dog instead of immediately going to lethal options first.

15. Lencho01

Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

That family is going to sue for sure.

It still confuses me how from a cold, financial standpoint, these police departments don’t try more to prevent from being sued. But then again, it’s probably because it’s not their money so they don’t care much.

Teelie likes this.
  16. jolldan

jolldan Registered

The bloke has apparently been fired for his actions.

17. chamber-music

chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Was watching Free Meek on Amazon.

I wasn't aware how messed up his situation was.

Meek was on probation for 11 years.

They say he failed a urine test but the judge got her files mixed up and when she was emailed about it, she ignored the email.

Meek was arrested at St Louis airport for a fight. What really happened was one of the staff wanted a pic with meek, but meek was busy. The guy got angry and attacked one of Meeks friends. CCTV shows meek breaking up the fight so the charges were dropped.

Later he was arrested again for public endangerment, but truly he was filming a music video with the proper permits and police on set (as was required). And when taken to trial the same judge then had private council with him and his attorney basically stating that she would only rule in his favor if he leaves his current label and signs with her cousin’s label (which intel states has priors for drug trafficking and a few other charges he was never brought up on), and also stated that he would have to record a cover version of a Boyz 2 Men song with the lyrics changed to reference her.

An arrest counts as a violation of probation but these arrests didn't have a lot of material supporting the fact that meek should go to jail. He's probation officer as well as others told the judge he shouldn't go to jail, but the judge still sent him to jail.

The FBI has been investigating the Judge since 2016.

Teelie likes this.
  18. Teelie

Both of those stories are just wrong. At least the cop was fired for his criminal abuse. Too bad he won't be charged with a crime for it though. And that judge needs some jail time too.

19. KRYPTON INC.

That **** with the judge is some straight outta ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT nonsense.

Teelie likes this.