Abuse of Power Thread (Cops, Governments, Etc.) - Part 2

When there's some F'd up law or policy in regards to sexual assault somewhere be assured... Some ash flash like Akin, whose views are what they are and who made no pains to hide it, ran for and then won an elected office and was allowed to insert the most regressive bullshirt into legislation.

What's worse is these types tend to get re-elected again and again.

"How is this possible?"

The answer is always, "At least enough of your fellow citizens don't care or are actively alright with it."

And sometimes the gerrymandering is such that a few citizens who go along with that mentality get an out-sized vote compared to everyone else in their district.

Audit: Instead Of Migrant Care, Border Patrol Spent Millions On Equipment

By Michel Marizco Published: Thursday, June 11, 2020 - 5:42pm The Border Patrol erected this facility for asylum seekers last summer. Congress allocated $708 million for facilities like these and $112 million for "consumables" that was supposed to be spent caring for migrants. Customs and Border Protection used money intended for food and medicine for immigrants in custody on ATVs, dirt bikes, and speaker systems, a new audit has found. The Government Accountability Office found portions of the money was instead spent on speakers, surveillance systems, motorcycles, dirt bikes and boats. In a rare rebuke, the GAO reported the agency broke the law with how it managed its budget.

4zpmHqr.png

If you've complained about taxes voted on by the representatives that you yourself voted for, and described the essential function of collecting taxes in a modern society as "tyranny" but yet you will move heaven and Earth to give excuses for cops beating on citizens for nothing else than protesting, then you are a friend to neither liberty nor freedom.

kWtYcBy.png

The whole thing reminds me of last summer when I had to go pick my mom up from some church thing and I had forgotten my wallet with my license. I get pulled over due to not having my turn signal on or something and when they see I don't have my license, which I explain was an error on my end, they end up calling like three other cars. I'm like, I'm the most non threatening looking black dude ever and they need all these motherforkers? :cmad:

They let me go but it was still scary.

What they did was criminal What the cops did to try to stop the woman filming them commit a crime should itself be a crime. And the police can't understand why people distrust them because...?

You know what another scary part is? There are good people with that sort of education who want to be police officers... And they are usually rejected because they are "too smart", "overqualified", and "likely to get bored by the job".

The whole thing reminds me of last summer when I had to go pick my mom up from some church thing and I had forgotten my wallet with my license. I get pulled over due to not having my turn signal on or something and when they see I don't have my license, which I explain was an error on my end, they end up calling like three other cars. I'm like, I'm the most non threatening looking black dude ever and they need all these mother****ers? :cmad:

They let me go but it was still scary.

Explained.

I've gotten pulled over without my license, explained that I left it, got checked, and let go. My skin is more like my father's (Irish) than my mother's.

All the responses make it sound like he's being tone deaf to the average Joe.

All the responses make it sound like he's being tone deaf to the average Joe.

For some reason they missed the "studios" part. They think he means private security for average citizens when he's clearly talking about the movie studios.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"