Abuse of Power Thread (Cops, Governments, Etc.) - Part 2

Discussion in 'SHH Community Forum' started by Thread Manager, Dec 13, 2015.

1. DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs

DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs Registered

Body Camera Video Shows Georgia Cops Repeatedly Tasering Handcuffed Man Until He Dies

[​IMG]

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/21/us/chase-sherman-video-georgia.html

Graphic vid at the link, these cops need to be taken off of the streets.

2. DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs

Grand Jury Says Governor's Lawyer Urged Use of Wrong Execution Drug

[​IMG]

http://gawker.com/grand-jury-says-governors-lawyer-urged-use-of-wrong-exe-1777729906

This is horrible

3. DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs

San Francisco Police Chief Resigns After Officer Fatally Shoots Black Woman

[​IMG]

http://gawker.com/san-francisco-police-chief-resigns-after-officer-fatall-1777709083

Something needed to change there.

4. DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs

The New York Catholic Church Paid Lobbyists $2.1 Million to Block Child Sex-Abuse Law Reform

[​IMG]

http://gawker.com/the-new-york-catholic-church-paid-lobbyists-2-1-millio-1779601553

I'm sure this is exactly what Jesus would want, screw these people. No wonder so many (myself included) have such a problem with organized religion.

5. DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs

The FBI's Facial Recognition Software Has Never Been Properly Tested For Accuracy

[​IMG]

http://gizmodo.com/the-fbis-facial-recognition-software-has-never-been-pro-1782038065

Well, f***.

6. DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs

UPDATE: Baltimore Officer Who Drove Freddie Gray to His Death Found Not Guilty of Murder

[​IMG]

http://bigstory.ap.org/a82b81b31173487fa03f4900af06e718

Total BS, these cops should be in prison.

7. DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs

8. DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs

9. Teelie

Teelie The Incredulous Spider-Man

Can anyone else say they are surprised? Now the question is, did he sentence him to harsher terms because of his screw up on Turner, because the rapist in this case was Latino or because Turner came from an affluent family and was given a lighter sentence? My guess is a combination of the three.

The judge attempts to compensate for Turner's lighter sentence by giving this man a harsher one (which IMO is still too light) and then has the misfortune of being labeled racist for it.

On the other hand if he decided to give this man probation then he would definitely be called a mysoginist who gives rapists lighter sentences for being "unduly burdened" by their inability to keep it in their pants or have permission in the first place.

10. DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs

Newspaper Publisher Indicted and Jailed After Bizarre Open Records Request Saga

http://www.myajc.com/news/news/local/newspaper-publisher-indicted-jailed-over-public-re/nrqgq/

That's some BS right there, all throughout the whole story.

11. DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs

Cops Say They Arrested Man Who Posted Flag-Burning Photo for Safety Reasons

[​IMG]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ture-that-shows-him-burning-an-american-flag/

So nice of law enforcement to remember SCOTUS precedent supersedes local law.

12. NotSoLongAgo

NotSoLongAgo #spidermansolit

Trump supporters are having a field day with that one^

13. chamber-music

chamber-music Infinity Ammo

It is kind of weird that they have a law against burning a flag :huh:

14. Teelie

Patriotic types take their patriotic symbols very, very seriously and the flag is among the most important symbols. When you get legislators who want to appear patrioitic and all about America you get laws like this.

15. chamber-music

chamber-music Infinity Ammo

There are probably hundreds of thousands of flags in the country. I'm sure plenty have be burned, tramped on, soiled and so on over the years.

Seems like a silly thing to get upset over.

All the problems in the world and folks get upset about a guy burning a flag that be owns which was probably made in some sweat shop in Asia for 50 cents.

16. DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs

Funny you say that, last year $4.4 million dollars were spent on American flags of which $4.3 million dollars went to China where they were all made.

17. KevanG

KevanG Pragmatic Villain

That reminds me. I was going to buy a shirt that said 'Canadian made' for Canada Day but when I saw it was made in China I put it back.

A tad ironic but still disgusted me.

18. Teelie

There is a lot of that in the United States too. People want to have local goods but aren't willing to pay for the cost of local labor to actually make it.

19. Mondragon

Mondragon My other Avi is Gaucho Mickey ≈ character.

Actually with a little scrutiny and listening to the actual tone of the conversation, by the officers own account HE states crimes are committed by "mostly male blacks and Hispanics."

The commander is apparently inquiring why his arrests don't reflect the fact of what HE(the officer) HIMSELF said he observers.

The commander then presses on the fact that the record shows the officer is targeting mostly females, which contradicts again , what HE(the officer) HIMSELF said; which is "mostly male blacks and Hispanics" committing the crimes.

So the Commander wants to know, why his arrests don't reflect that.

Suggesting he's letting the crimes he himself said he observes "mostly male blacks and Hispanics." go, and targeting mostlly Hispanic females.
    Which is actually pretty gross.

The Commander calls him out on this.

And now the officer twists it into something else he knows the media(and parrots) will easily swallow.

#120 Mondragon, Jul 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  20. DarthSkywalker

DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

That is not how the conversation goes. He is specifically saying what the stats are, and his defense is that isn't who he sees committing crimes. This actually hits at the heart of the matter, because as we know do to stats whites and even women in general are less likely to be arrested for the same crimes as male minorities. The commanding officer then brings ups the concept of popping, which I believe means the chance that someone will pop for a different crime when they are arrested. The commanding officer wants him to arrest more people who have a chance of popping, and in this case it is black and Latino people. When the officer points out that he can only arrest offenses he sees, they tell him to hide so he can catch male minorities. There is strong implications that what matters are those who might pop, as opposed to who are committing the crime jumping turnstiles. So why bother with those that don't have a real chance of popping? That is why he brings up that one women he arrested did in fact pop.

How do you explain the bit about wanting him to hide to arrest a specific type of person not wanting him to racially profile?

#121 DarthSkywalker, Jul 14, 2016
  21. Mondragon

Mondragon My other Avi is Gaucho Mickey ≈ character.

Where is anyone talking about "hiding"? Or it's relevance.

When asked who commits the crimes he himself said "mostly male blacks and Hispanics"
    Yet he's stopping mostly females Hispanics, which is a bit creepy.

The fact that they don't pop the way "male blacks and Hispanics" do, and that bothers the commander is a whole other level of creep, and I agree speaks to the disgusting institutional self severing "business" of policing and arrests.

#122 Mondragon, Jul 14, 2016
  22. Lencho01

Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I have a feeling there's bias in the data they're using for their stats. I mean, if you're mostly going after a certain group of people, they're going to show up the most in your data.

23. RockSP

RockSP MYTH SMITH ˆž∞!!!

AKA Policing in America.

24. Lencho01

Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Yeah, it's a circular argument based on data with major bias.