Abyssal Spider: The Movie About a Giant Spider in the Ocean

Deck Rickard

Lord of Frenzied Flame
Reaction score
Pretty disappointing trailer that shows nothing of the titular spider and is mostly shots of agitated people screaming at each other on a boat and peering nervously around corners. Still, the poster is a thing of beauty. I really want an Abyssal Spider/Sharknado crossover.

Eftm-RWw-Wo-AELATe.jpg

Man I really love the design of the giant spider, but after watching that trailer I doubt it looks anywhere near as cool in the movie as it does on that poster which is a shame since we need more quality killer giant spider/bug movies IMO. Spiders are the stuff of nightmares, but I can only think of two films that have actually used them well and that's Arachnophobia and Itsy Bitsy which is a pretty underrated film that more people should check out, especially if you enjoy old school creature features with mostly all practical effects.

So is the spider a kaiju like in the poster or is it small enough to get inside the ship’s corridors? Or will it grow throughout the movie and be that size by the end? Either way... that poster is setting up the movie to be an automatic disappointment :csad:.

Yeah, the trailer makes it look like something is on the ship, which would mean the spider is WAY smaller than the poster suggests. But maybe it grows to an insane size. But the title suggests that the spider comes from the depths of the ocean, so that makes me think it starts out gigantic? I don't know. It's hard to gauge much from that trailer.

Last edited:
Damn I hate spiders. What happened to that movie itsy bitsy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"