Accomplishment, Achievement, Life's little goals....

Thanks. It's been nice getting to know some of them, but it'll be a chore to get everyone involved. Something happened maybe 20 years ago that tore the family up, and while it's long since past... long memories and all that.

I hear ya dude....

started off the year ok so far:

i've already paid off all my bills for this month, and i've paid more than actually due on all of them. :up:

I've gotten married to a woman I adore. I have my depression as under control as it will get and earned a master's degree. I still don't feel like I've accomplished my goals. Besides me wife, nothing has worked out. My degree is doing nothing for me and I am making minimum wage. We are stuck in Illinois, which is death for better paying jobs. The house keeps us from moving out of state. Still, I'm much better off now than I was two years ago.

I've gotten married to a woman I adore. I have my depression as under control as it will get and earned a master's degree. I still don't feel like I've accomplished my goals. Besides me wife, nothing has worked out. My degree is doing nothing for me and I am making minimum wage. We are stuck in Illinois, which is death for better paying jobs. The house keeps us from moving out of state. Still, I'm much better off now than I was two years ago.

Congrats on the marriage, man! That's awesome. I've been married 15 1/2 years and it's amazing. The rest will come in time. :)

I've still bought more books than I've read this month. I'm not off to a good start. :( :p

Congrats on the marriage, man! That's awesome. I've been married 15 1/2 years and it's amazing. The rest will come in time. :)

Marriage has been much better than I always expected. I'm normally the nervous type, but proposing and standing at the alter in front of everyone felt totally natural.

When you're married to the right person it's really terrific. My first marriage was a disaster but my second has been a blessing. We just passed 25 years and we're still going strong. :)

Well, I was supposed to read less books than I bought, but so far I've only broken even which isn't catching me up at all. Amazon and their 1.99 sales are doing me in. :(

Marriage has been much better than I always expected. I'm normally the nervous type, but proposing and standing at the alter in front of everyone felt totally natural.

It was the same for me. Especially then. I was a very backwards, awkward guy who hated crowds and attention. But when I got married I wasn't nervous or anything. It just felt right.

Foiled by Amazon again. I was doing really well with not buying books this month until today when they put almost the whole run of Sue Grafton's letter books on sale. They've been staying at ten bucks each but were put down to three dollars each just for today. Like I'm going to let that pass me by. I bought 14! :eek: :p

My life has pretty much stood still for the last few years due to health, looking forward to re-shaping, re-structuring and re-aligning over the next few months to begin to put things back and move on from where they were prior to 2013. #determined

Hope you hang in there and things get better. :)

I’ve been working towards a promotion at my firm. Though it’s still too early to tell, things are looking good. I’ve been putting in 12-15 hours a day and it’s been really stressful but hopefully it will be worth it pretty soon.

I've been better with my books, reading more than I've bought even if it's just two at a time. Some progress. :)

"Chandelier" by Sia now has over 700 MILLION streams on Spotify.

Sia is now the only female artist with atleast 2 songs with over 700M Spotify streams.

Not only does Sia have the most streamed song by a female on spotify (cheap thrills), now this too!
Proud <3

Apart 3 years ago I was convinced by someone special to start pushing my photography and enter galleries and I’ve so far got my distinction and grade by having my work evalued by Ireland’s top 10 photographer, I’ve had my work featured in galleries in England Ireland Scotland America canada Spain France Denmark and recently today I got word I have 10 images accepted into the Sydney international salon

The problem is and it makes me feel even worse as its so petty is that the person who made me believe and go for all this, doesn’t speak with me anymore and part of me thinks they actually hate me

Apart 3 years ago I was convinced by someone special to start pushing my photography and enter galleries and I’ve so far got my distinction and grade by having my work evalued by Ireland’s top 10 photographer, I’ve had my work featured in galleries in England Ireland Scotland America canada Spain France Denmark and recently today I got word I have 10 images accepted into the Sydney international salon

The problem is and it makes me feel even worse as its so petty is that the person who made me believe and go for all this, doesn’t speak with me anymore and part of me thinks they actually hate me
Well, appreciate what they did for you and move on. :)

Was in long term relationship for a while, mustered the courage to propose to the love of my life- getting married in 2 months

Well, appreciate what they did for you and move on. :)

Yeah that is the obvious move. But there is a deep part of me that wants to thank them and show them what they pushed me to be. 200% i would not be here without theyre backing at the time.

Was in long term relationship for a while, mustered the courage to propose to the love of my life- getting married in 2 months
Outstanding. :D Congrats.

I’ve been working towards a promotion at my firm. Though it’s still too early to tell, things are looking good. I’ve been putting in 12-15 hours a day and it’s been really stressful but hopefully it will be worth it pretty soon.

for 1 month straight, 30 straight days, i worked 12-16, sometimes more hours a day and that finally ended last week. i survived!

You deserve a nice long nap. :D

im trying. i called out sick today and slept through the length of my entire shift lol

I have a lot left to accomplish. I think my biggest achievement (if you can call it that) was buying my first property three or four years ago. I also, some years ago now, cycled my first 100km ride - something I can do somewhat frequently these days if I choose too.

Other achievements;
  • Making Brownies
  • Making Flapjacks
  • Making Lemon Drizzle Cake
  • A Half Marathon (2016)
  • Renovating my Garden (2014)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member