Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past - Part 1

Discussion in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' started by Thread Manager, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marvelrobbins

marvelrobbins Well-Known Member

I am about 90 percent certain Storm will be In film but I doudt she will be
    time traveler.Wolverine could very well be time traveler but I don't think you
    should idsmiss Idea the tim e travel Is xavier switching minds with younger self.

I doudt Angel will be In film.And You shouldn't dismiss Mystique being In
    future.Iceman and Colossus being In film depend on how many do they want
    In future and how much time Is spent In Future.

2. bullets

bullets bang bang

Hugh Jackman Talks X-Men: Days of Future Past

by Silas Lesnick
    January 18, 2013
    Share this story

Confirmed to appear in director Bryan Singer's upcoming X-Men: Days of Future Past last month, Hugh Jackman today spoke with The Daily Mail and teased the project's immense scale.

"Every other actor who’s ever put on a superhero uniform will be in it," he said. "There’s an element of time travel and, naturally, it will be action-packed."

Scheduled for release on July 18, 2014, X-Men: Days of Future Past features a script by Simon Kinberg and is said to be inspired Chris Claremont and John Byrne's comic book storyline that ran in "Uncanny X-Men" #141 and 142 back in 1981. "Days of Future Past" introduced the idea of an alternate future for Marvel's mutants that grew out of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants killing an important senator, leading to a future where all mutants are hunted by Sentinels.

Already confirmed to appear in addition to Jackman are Ian McKellen, Patrick Stewart, James McAvoy, Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender and Nicholas Hoult, but expect that list to expand in the very near future.
    Jackman, who has appeared in every X-Men film to date, will next reprise his role as Logan in James Mangold's The Wolverine, hitting theaters July 26.

3. bullets

bullets bang bang

So basically

[​IMG]

4. 747

747 Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

:awesome:

5. Figs

Figs Well-Known Member

I wish he was able to clarify when he says "Every other actor who’s ever put on a superhero uniform will be in it".

6. Duran Man

Duran Man The Seventh Stranger

It could be BS.

7. spideyboy_1111

spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

yeah.... that could just easily be an exaggeration... or it could mean "half of those who've been x-men will return"

8. Figs

Figs Well-Known Member

Half of them from the older films is still quite a bit when you take into account the number of actors returning from First Class. I just don't want either set of actors to get short changed in screen time, primarily First Class since this is technically a sequel to that movie.

9. spideyboy_1111

I think the moment you worry about everyone having fair screen time the more you're actually going to drive the movie down. SEVERAL characters we know enough about there... just a cameo or a few lines is indeed truly all they need (whether we like it or not).

Old Xavier, Old Magneto, Wolverine, Iceman, Rogue and Mystique we know enough about where... we REALLY do not need to have major focus on them at all... there's other's where we know "enough" about them that they don't need to be the center of attention, but should have an iconic moment at least (Jean, Nightcrawler, Storm) and then some other's that never really had any development or focus who really should get some (Cyclops, Colossus, Toad, and the FC cast)

everyone can't be in focus... it will be like any other movie.. you will have main characters, supporting characters, and than supporting cast.

10. marvelrobbins

He probally means a large amount of cast from trilogy and First Class.

11. BMM

BMM Well-Known Member

Well, yeah. That's a given.

12. SterlingDee

SterlingDee Well-Known Member

he might be kidding but I hope to hell he's not.

A lot of the supporting cast (thinking Iceman, Pyro, Colossus) would do the film for pennies (or free even if SAG allowed it).

13. SterlingDee

SterlingDee Well-Known Member

Just checked and the original source for the Jackman quote was (unfortunately) the Daily Mail. They have no problem making stuff up or taking quotes out of context...I think it's like a tabloid in the UK.

14. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

I just need Singer, Fox, Millar or whoever to reveal a new name yet.

this silence is killing me slowly

Which girl is coming back????? Halle? Anna? Ellen? tell it!! damm, lol

15. Lightning Strykez!

Lightning Strykez! Former Mod On Pension Pay

:funny:

16. Superhero 101

If Fox is able to bring back everyone from the X-trilogy hats off to them.

17. Majik1387

Majik1387 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Everyone.
    [​IMG]

18. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

I don't think they should bring the older Mystique. I feel like her story ended when she was depowered and when she helped the government to track down Magneto's headquarters. Her younger version is already appearing in the movie so 1 Mystique is enough.

19. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

It would be more interesting having maybe older Magneto meeting young Mystique.

20. The Batkilt

The Batkilt Well-Known Member

I'm expecting Rogue and Iceman as Singer focused on them a fair bit in X-Men and X2, but I'd prefer they weren't back to be honest. Nothing against Pacquin but I've never liked how Rogue was portrayed in the trilogy, and Iceman and Pyro were meh at best.

I'm more interested in seeing Kelsey Grammer and Rebecca Romjin returning. After all, First Class established some romantic history between Beast and Mystique so it'd be interesting to see some interaction between them. Either in DoFP or in some future X-Men film.

21. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

I have the same feeling that both Rogue and Iceman will be back. and I kind of agree that they shouldnt be back, but Kitty and Colossus instead.

We have seen Rogue and Bobby on three movies, its fair to give Kitty and Colossus a second chance to shine, and specially since both were in the storyarc. They really deserve to appear again

22. Phoenix_Flare

Phoenix_Flare Well-Known Member

I'd suspect that older Magento will be on the only surviving Brotherhood member left, leaving his team, either imprisoned or dead it would hit home hard if future Raven is dead, but I can only see this happening if the future takes place before X1. if the future is set prior to X1 that would mean that Rogue, Iceman, Pyro, etc never joined and that would make Logan a rebel who happens to join the older prof X/Magneto, so *fingers crossed* that would mean either Scott,Ororo, or Jean can be the future team of X-Men w/casualities of the 60s team being dead...

23. marvelrobbins

I have feeling that If you read along the lines of what's been said by Bryan Singer last year and comments of Mark Millar that
    1:The future Is alternate future coming from Magneto and Brotherhood sucessfully assassinating someone In public attack.The time travel Is to prevent this from happening.Thus at end of film changing things allows for events of other films to come Into being allowing for connecting dots between films as Bryan Singer said.
    2:It will be other vets of X-Men and X2 who will be Joining Patrick Stewert,Ian Mckellen,and Hugh Jackman.You can likely forget about anyone cast for X-Men the Last Stand
    not In X-men and X2.Bryan Is most likely Intrested In bringing back his key actors.That means Anna Paquin,Famke Janssen,Halle Berry,James Marsden,Rebecca romijn,and
    Alan CUmming.Now they may not all be back.But that's who I think you should call the remaining key actors from X-Men and X2 who could be back.
    3:An Alternate future allows Bryan to not have to deal with what went down In The Last Stand.Xavier can be xavier without dealing with the trap door revival they gave him.Cyclops and jean can be In film

A key reason for using Mystique Is to have someone else besides Xavier and Magneto In both eras In film.Plus I doudt Bryan would leave Rebecca romijn out because of what went down In Last Stand.

24. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

Bryan Singer said last year that this movie will celebrate and connnect all movies.

All.

so its kind of funny how you keep saying that only X1-X2 actors will return.

25. spideyboy_1111

...yeah its not Paquin's fault at all.... Sookie Stackhouse on Trueblood is often the embodiment of Rogue. Why singer wouldn't let rogue be rogue ill never understand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.