Days of Future Past Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past - Part 2

Dazzler in an 80s first class movie would be funny

Somehow I think Singer's one of the only people who could adapt Dazzler into a film, take her somewhat seriously, and come away with some dignity intact...

Calling it: Ashley Benson, X-Men: Age of Apocalypse, 2016!

:word:

I thought Ashley Benson would be good as Polaris, but Dazzler's cool too.

New photo! 65th Annual Directors Guild Of America Awards ;

2pqtf93.jpg
2zziavm.jpg

Last edited:
I think you are kinda stereotyping Dazzler if you think she should only appear or be introduced in the 70s. Her solo comic-book series was released in the 80s, her look in the comics evolved since then and there's a way to use her powers in the present/modern times.

i grew up playing the xmen arcade game lol

Look how giddy those two look, I think they both know they're both going to be on screen together.

I think Dazzler fits in the 70s/80s much better than in the future/present. Her whole deal is a disco queen, it would be a missed opportunity not to.

I'm dying for Nightcrawler to come back. I'm sure Alan Cumming said he would love to do the role again but if he's too old for all the jumping around than Daniel Bruhl would do it really well. He's German and can give Nightcrawler that youthful vigour that makes him such a great character.

For me it was one of the most dissapointing things that we never saw Nightcrawler evolve his teleporting skills. He was excellent in the little bits we saw of him.

We did see him evolve his teleporting skills. He explained that he needed to see where he was teleporting before he could do it or he might end up in a wall. Storm got him to teleport blindly, relying solely on his faith and trust in her.

I think you are kinda stereotyping Dazzler if you think she should only appear or be introduced in the 70s. Her solo comic-book series was released in the 80s, her look in the comics evolved since then and there's a way to use her powers in the present/modern times.

Dazzler in the 70s, 80s, or even in the "future" would work. Her look was totally adapted to the 80s, with a slightly punk vibe. She can totally pull off an 80s "street" look.

For contrast, I think her powers look best in a darkly lit, almost grimy, grungy scene. Like being attacked in an alley behind a nightclub. Remember that she's a pretty good fighter. Being attacked by street thugs, or Hellfire Club henchman in a dark alley where she can make use of her agility and use her light powers would be stunning against a Daft Punk type electronic soundtrack. Yea! :)

I think Dazzler fits in the 70s/80s much better than in the future/present. Her whole deal is a disco queen, it would be a missed opportunity not to.

imo she works just as well regardless of era. The disco thing is just trappings. It's like saying Luke Cage only works as a jive-talking hustler. That said I have nothing against Disco Dazz and if they use her I want to see roller skates.

Last edited:
Dazzler in the 70s, 80s, or even in the "future" would work. Her look was totally adapted to the 80s, with a slightly punk vibe. She can totally pull off an 80s "street" look.

For contrast, I think her powers look best in a darkly lit, almost grimy, grungy scene. Like being attacked in an alley behind a nightclub. Remember that she's a pretty good fighter. Being attacked by street thugs, or Hellfire Club henchman in a dark alley where she can make use of her agility and use her light powers would be stunning against a Daft Punk type electronic soundtrack. Yea! :)

Yeah, while I think she could work in any decade, she definitly fits in with the 70s, 80s and modern EDM times/future best. Got to have her be a little bit disco and performing shows. Since she can alter sounds and visuals her shows would probably look and sound ahead of her time regardless of the year. Always thought it would be cool if she sounded likle Daft Punk meets Debby Deb. Or something like Nero's more 80s sampled songs , for a contempary or future sound.

Visual and audio wise Dazzler could do some crazy **** if they used her right. PLus it would be cool to see a celebrity mutant, and how that backfires. With the current EDM craze and soundtracks like Tron Legacy and Drive being huge I think people would buy into her and dig her alot more know then say ten years ago.

Last edited:
Yeah, a casting notice for extras said "The film mostly takes place in 1973".

Well that'd explain why only half of the fc cast is back. Its not likely everyone would be on the same team/alive/active still after a decade

Watergate of course happened which Im sure will be in the background but hopefully not front and center....

Interesting enough, homosexuality was dropped as a mental disorder that year, and the endangered species act was passed.

I do wonder what the historical event could be. Or if any real event will be used. I feel like 1973 is too specific of a year for it not to mean anything.

She would seem a shoo in for the FC team. They need some ladies, she is perfect for the time period,they wanted to use her in FC and she brings a power that can be visually different then what weve seen and would look insane when mixed with audio.

Last edited:
Man they better use her. Its beyond perfect. Though.... Disco did have its origins begin in the late 60s it didn't become popular till mid 70s. So i guess maybe it works if she's an early disco icon?

She may also be a David Bowie type with some disco infusion (which to be honest also sounds like the recipe of lady gaga lol)

Yeah its close enough, Disco pretty much dies in the late 70s so anytime during the 70s is a good window. Having her be the reason Disco got popular would be kinda funny and work. Its still sci fi and fantasy, and since she rigs her shows with her powers they can get away with her having a more advance sound and light show to win her audience over. Always thought she would be a great example in the films to show the darker side of Mutant VS Human prejudice if her audience discovers shes a mutant. The discovery of of mutants to the general population has to play a big role in this film.

Last edited:
Yeah its close enough, Disco pretty much dies in the late 70s so anytime during the 70s is a good window. Having her be the reason Disco got popular would be kinda funny and work. Its still sci fi and fantasy, and since she rigs her shows with her powers they can get away with her having a more advance sound and light show to win her audience over. Always thought she would be a great example in the films to show the darker side of Mutant VS Human prejudice if her audience discovers shes a mutant. The discovery of of mutants to the general population has to play a big role in this film.
Actually disco died in the very early 80s around the height of rollerdisco and xanadu ....

But i do agree with the rest

Im pretty sure the death of Disco was in 79, but I could be wrong. I know its decline started in 78.

As far as casting I hope she would be more unknown. But as long as shes hot and can play the role I wont complain. FC had some pretty solid choices for the X girls.

Last edited:
I doubt they would use that look if they included her in the movie.

If they include her in the movie, I would like to see Lady Gaga or Kesha to play Dazzler.

Oh if she's in this film and its in the 70s that look is a sure thing at least for her performances.

Im pretty sure the death of Disco was in 79, but I could be wrong. I know its decline started in 78.

79 and 80 would be pretty accurate.xanadu try'd to market off of the popular roller disco trend and when it came out in 1980 it bombed pretty hard

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"