• Rings of Power

Fantasy TV is now The Lord of the Rings!

• We're moving

Heroes are moving to the Movies sections!

Days of Future Past Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angamb

Avenger
Reaction score
We still dont know if Fox plans to use this saga for the First Class sequel or if they are setting up a possible X-men 4 after that....

But in case they want to go with the first option:

- Which actors from original trilogy/movies would you love to see return?

Note: No limit in the choices number, so you can vote all the x-men you really want them to include.

Definetly want Gambit in X-Men! Really don't care in what film, just as long as he red eyed and Cajun!!

Maybe Deadpool and Gambit should have there own film where there more like the comic book versions of themselves because I don't think they will make this X-Men Vaughn/Singer cut

patrick Stewert and Ian Mckellan should have been Included but I voted Hugh Jackman,Halle Berry,James Marsden,and Ellen Page.

Cyclops, Storm, Logan, and MAYBE Jean.

Jean would be most problematic.If the future sequenze Is suspose to be X4 or followup to Singer's films very hard to Include her.With Cyclops you have the "The Last Stand
didn't happen as far as we are concerned" option form Vaughn and Singer.

Intresting In poll Wolverine and Cyclops tied for first with Storm as runnerup

Please no Famke, James, Patrick and Ian for this movie. Jean and Cyclops died in X3, Magneto got depowered/repowered in X3 and Professor X went to another body. It would be just confusing and too early to bring them back especially with the cast of the X-Men First Class.

I think if FOX is going to bring back some characters from the original trilogy, it will be Storm and Wolverine. They were the most prominent X-Men members in X-Men 3. Shadowcat is also possible if they are staying true to the comics but I don't think Ellen Page would return for the role and I don't want FOX to recast Shadowcat for the 4th time.

They might keep Cyclops as well as Jean out but odds are they will have Xavier and Magneto In future sequenze.Vaughn has already hinted In past wanting Patrick Stewert and Ian Mckellan In sequel.Plus Is the future sequenze post Last Stand or post Singer films?

Wolverine and Storm will probally be In future sequeze.They are going to need a character to travel back In time.I doudt It will be wolverine or Storm.Considering few people thought halle Berry would be back as storm after X2 I don't think we should assume anything on actors willingness to come back.Rogue could be subsated for Kitty
depending how soon after giving Birth Anna Paquin Is willing to work and what the schedule with true Blood Is.

Plus Is the future sequenze post Last Stand or post Singer films?

Rogue could be subsated for Kitty
depending how soon after giving Birth Anna Paquin Is willing to work and what the schedule with true Blood Is.

I hope its post-Last Stand. I would want Rogue to comeback but she lost her powers in X3. They could explained in the movie that her powers suddenly came back but she's more like a stay-at-home X-Men member and sending her in the past without Storm/Wolverine or just by herself would be odd.

Im the one who created the topic and now Im not really able to vote to just a few actors :funny:

I mean.... I want to see THE WHOLE CAST again, LOL

I mean, HOW can you choose just 4 or 5 x-men from original cast, when all of them have great powers? and would be such a pleasure to see them all again on the big screen after all these years?

I cant.

I highly doubt Fox would use all of them, so the question is: how many would they want to add to this movie?

3?... 4?... 5?

My faves x-men should be Angel, Rogue, Nightcrawler and Gambit.

but Id love to see Cyclops, Kitty, Storm, Colossus and Bobby too, specially in a scene all together. that would be a dream come true.

so right now Im not sure how should I vote and how many. I'll think about it during this weekend :woot:

Just Hugh and Ellen for me, I don't think you can have Kelsey Grammar Beast and Nicolas Hoult Beast not only do they look different they're accents are way too different. Just have Wolverine, Kitty and maybe Bishop (and even some more mutants if they want) as the future team if they are going with the DOFP storyline.

All depends on how they go about this, I would like to see Wolverine, Kitty,Nightcrawler,Jean and Cyc back in an X Film. But for DOFP Id be cool with just Kitty and Wolverine cause most those other original characters should be dead right? THe films dont go by comics so who knows how the **** they will pull this off. Def dont wanna see Paquin as Rogue again. If they recast and have a completely different take I wouldnt mind seeing Rogue.

Rather they make room for characters that need time travel or alt univerese to be explained liek like Rachel Summers, Bishop or Cable. Might be the only time they have a chance to show up in an X film. Psylockes one of my fav so I hope one of these X Films features her. But with reason, not just because she hasnt been used and shes a fan fav.

Last edited:
All depends on how they go about this, I would like to see Wolverine, Kitty,Nightcrawler,Jean and Cyc back in an X Film. But for DOFP Id be cool with just Kitty and Wolverine cause most those other original characters should be dead right? THe films dont go by comics so who knows how the **** they will pull this off. Def dont wanna see Paquin as Rogue again. If they recast and have a completely different take I wouldnt mind seeing Rogue.

Rather they make room for characters that need time travel or alt univerese to be explained liek like Rachel Summers, Bishop or Cable. Might be the only time they have a chance to show up in an X film. Psylockes one of my fav so I hope one of these X Films features her. But with reason, not just because she hasnt been used and shes a fan fav.

Psylocke was in TLS, but I'm not surprised you missed her.

Psylocke was in TLS, but I'm not surprised you missed her.

Haha Yeah I know, that was some bs and pissed me off probably alot more then it should have. I think it was the first thing I complained about after I saw it even with the other crap in that film. I dont consider Psylocke or Kid Omega in Last Stand.

Oh I just wish they rebooted it at First Class, keeping Hugh Jackman.

Hugh being on another x-men movie would mean a big role for Wolverine.

And right now, the characters of First Class need more development than him

I'd like to see Cyke come back.
Though it just sounds like a big excuse to erase X3 maybe Jean didn't kill him?
Sent him through a hole (lol) or something and he ended up back in time.
Anyway i'm real interested to see what they do for FC2.

I'm wondering how they will deal with Wolverine.

We already met a 1960s Wolverine in First Class. At that point, wouldn't this be when he had bone claws, before he underwent the adamantium procedure?

According to XMO: Wolverine, he fought in Vietnam (with Sabretooth), they were recruited by Stryker (whose father we saw in First Class) and joined Team X. He left and seven years later, when Kayla was killed, had the adamantium put in.

Any thoughts? Will we see an older Wolverine from the future meet the 1960s version? Does the 1960s version have adamantium at that point?

XM, It's hard telling really,but the only thing I'll bet on is that anything from X Men Origins Wolverine will be dropped from the continuity of FC2.

I'm wondering how they will deal with Wolverine.

We already met a 1960s Wolverine in First Class. At that point, wouldn't this be when he had bone claws, before he underwent the adamantium procedure?

According to XMO: Wolverine, he fought in Vietnam (with Sabretooth), they were recruited by Stryker (whose father we saw in First Class) and joined Team X. He left and seven years later, when Kayla was killed, had the adamantium put in.

Any thoughts? Will we see an older Wolverine from the future meet the 1960s version? Does the 1960s version have adamantium at that point?

I'm guessing 60's Wolverine would be nowhere near the action. That could get convoluted as hell. It's funny to think of the fits of rage fans would have if the next film is led not by Wolverine, but by two of him haha

I could see future Wolverine, causing some problems for the past him, maybe getting his face in the news or wanted by police (an since he doesn't really age, past wolverine would get mistaken for him)

maybe escaping those problems is why he changes his name and join up to ship off to Vietnam

According to XMO: Wolverine, he fought in Vietnam (with Sabretooth), they were recruited by Stryker (whose father we saw in First Class) and joined Team X. He left and seven years later, when Kayla was killed, had the adamantium put in

tho, we heard Charles say to agent Stryker (implying that he was William's father) that he was thinking of his son (William)... most people assume that it meant his son was still just a kid, but, he could've just as easily have been thinking of a 18-19 y.o William, having just join the army soon to be shipped off to Vietnam.... xo:w mainly took place nearly 10 years later towards the end of the war (during his time William, could of climbed the ranks to becoming a General) despite being played by a nearly 50, Danny Huston, could've been late 20s early 30s when we first see him as General Stryker recruiting Wolverine and Sabertooth, then say they were on the X team for a few years, before Logan quite the team... then it was another 7-8 years, before Stryker comes back to recruit him for the weapon X project... so, he would've been like in his later 30's early 40's by the end of XO:W... then X2 was set 15-20 years later when we saw (a nearly 60) Brian Cox playing him (making him around the right age)

Last edited:
Wouldn't put to much stock in minor sticking points. As long as things fall in the ball park with some continuity errors here and there. Vaughn should not be restricted to trivial details. Go with what worked in previous movies and there ya go. We went through this crap with Star Wars and Revenge of the Sith. Not every Lego will fall in place.

Characters, Wolverine is a must... for FC 3. The third part. Maybe a cameo or a cliff hanger although that would be kinda cheesy. It would be Jackman's final role in the franchise. We don't need a third solo movie and The Wolverine will prove that.

Kitty Pride for sure because the character is overpowered as hell and can survive a time travel trip. Rogue would be pushing it. Need some new female characters. I would also send back Iceman/Angel. Keep Collosus in the future sequence. Kill either Iceman/Angel off and send the other back with Kitty.

FC3/X-4 would be a feature a young Jean/Scott/Storm/Beast. The classic lineup from the 90's. The future would feature Wolverine and maybe an older Storm. Villains would be the Sentinels, Graydon Creed/Bolivar Trask. Something huge and epic.

Last edited:
It'd be cool, as someone stated, if Phoenix unknowingly sent Cyke back in time somehow, perhaps to the 70's when this movie takes place and he's been amnesic or something.

It'd be cool, as someone stated, if Phoenix unknowingly sent Cyke back in time somehow, perhaps to the 70's when this movie takes place and he's been amnesic or something.

What i'm thinking would work and keep in mind I know this isn't the greatest idea but with the film continuity I think it would be alright, is that for A Days Of Future Past movie they'll probably have a combination of different time travel archs for the film if they go that route. Perhaps instead of introducing new characters such as Bishop or cable (even Kitty) focus on Cyke going back since he got the shaft in the trilogy. Pretty much what i'm proposing is in a round about way combined Cable and cyke together.
Jean shows him what will become after her inevitable demise (mutant registration,maybe sentinels kind of throw out X3 ending a bit).

Maybe just maybe, though it would be a high point of contention among us hardcore elite, switch it up and make Havok Cyclope's father instead of Cyke being cables father. Have that same idea their just with two different characters...........I'm not saying that's the best way to do it but it's the best way that I can make sense for them to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• Lily Adler
    🔥🍨Getting hot scoops🍨🔥 (she/her)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cap2024