Actors You Confuse With Other Actors

James

Built from Lego
Reaction score
For example a fairly common one, which I am definitely guilty of, is Leslie Nielson and Steve Martin. I've never gone so far as to confuse them in conversation, but in my head I often get the two iconic white-haired comedy actors mixed up. Bill Pullman and Bill Paxton are notorious for being thought one is the other as well.

Perhaps it's just me, but if I'm not paying too much attention I'll occasionally confuse Liam Neeson and Jeff Bridges.

What are some other common actor mix ups, or perhaps ones that are just unique to you?

I dont think I really confuse actors with each others, but I sometimes have a hard time with certain names like Dylan McDermott and Dermot Mulroney or actors with three names.

Last edited:
I have gotten Sigourney Weaver and Susan Sarandon mixed up (don't know why).

Mark Wahlberg and Matt Damon.

There are two British actors, Richard Roxburgh and Sean Pertwee, who I think look exactly alike.

I thought Renee Zellweger was Naomi Watts when I saw this box.

41uex5htAhL._SX500_.jpg

Richard Gere & David Duchovoney
Sean Faris & Tom Cruise
Jimmy Falon & Ewan McGregor (these look alike more than the rest)
For example a fairly common one, which I am definitely guilty of, is Leslie Nielson and Steve Martin.
I remembered Steve Martin the star of Naked Gun
Then I saw it again

Amy Smart and Laurie Holden

Thandie Newton and Zoe Saldana

Jamie Kennedy and Seth Green

Christopher Meloni and Elias Koteas

Jeff Daniels and Dave Coulier

Javier Bardem and Jeffrey Morgan

Vincent D'Onofrio and Mark Ruffalo

Nick Nolte and Gary Busey

Jimmy Fallon and Chris Kattan

Kirstie Alley and Meg Foster

Michael Madsen and Tom Sizemore

Keira Knightley and Natalie Portman

Elijah Wood and Daniel Radcliffe

Ron Perlman and Ted Danson

Tilda Swinton and Alice Krige

Christopher Lee and Frank Langella

Aaron Eckhart and Jason Bateman

Michael Cera and Jesse Eisenberg

For some reason, I kept thinking Michael Ironside was the killer in Seven until rewatching lately.

James Brolin could be Christian Bale's father and Sting has to be related to Malcolm McDowell!

Last edited:
I always mix up Bruce Willis and Mel Gibson, also Die Hard and Lethal Weapon. There I said it!

I remembered Steve Martin the star of Naked Gun
Then I saw it again

I was sitting back like a smartarse reading this thread, and thinking 'I have never done that before, I hope these guys never have to give a description to the police and cause a fugitive type situation for a Harrison Ford lookalike', and then I read this post and realised I did something similar, but much much dafter.

Back when he was first appearing on uk tv, Ali G appeared on a late night comedy show called the 11oclock show, now, i had caught a couple of eps and thought he was really funny, but had missed most of it, so when the next series came on I was looking forward to seeing him again, as he was the funniest bit on the show, imagine my surprise when I saw him again and realised he wasn't a black guy.

For some reason, I kept thinking Michael Ironside was the killer in Seven until rewatching lately.

James Brolin could be Christian Bale's father and Sting has to be related to Malcolm McDowell!

That was a great list. I can't see the Vincent D'Onofrio and Mark Ruffalo similarities myself, but the rest are definitely confusable.

Speaking of Harrison Ford, I'll cop to having confused him with Richard Gere before.

I always used to confuse Elias Koteas with Christopher Meloni, though as they've gotten older, they look less and less alike (Meloni has aged a lot better).

Aaron Eckhart and Thomas Jane

Michael Cera and Jesse Eisenberg

Elias Koteas and Stanley Tucci as well.

Rose McGowan & Rose Byrne: It's not just the same first name, but they look alike too (at least to me)

Ian Holm & Denholm Elliot: they never looked that much alike but I mistook them for each other anyway

Superman fans might know who I'm talking about here but I always thought the actor playing the young Clark Kent in 1978's Superman The Movie (Jeff East) was actor Lance Guest from Halloween II and The Last Starfighter.

I showed a picture of Christopher Walken to my friend once and he said "Robert DeNiro!"

Let it be known that I have since not allowed him to live down this fail.

I used to confuse Jack Lemon with Alan Arkin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"