Actress for MJ Poll

Discussion in 'Spider-Man Sequels' started by Rodrigo90, Mar 17, 2014.

?

Favourite actress for MJ

1. Ashley Benson

2. Emma Watson

3. Lily Collins

4. Jane Levy

5. Ashley Roberts

6. Kaya Scodelario

7. Karen Gilian

8. Deborah Ann Woll

9. Ariana Grande

10. Margot Robbie

11. AnnaSophia Robb

12. Alison Brie

13. Kristen Stewart

14. Lyndsy Fonesca

15. Evan Rachel Wood

16. Alexandra Daddario

17. Hayden Panettiere

18. Amber Heard

19. Ashley Greene

20. Other actress

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. WarriorDreamer Registered

Jane Levy looks like the second most popular choice here. I don't see why she wouldn't be a decent choice for the role, if Margot is unavailable, which she might be.

I think she is different enough from Emma Stone to seem like an entirely different character but she obviously looks similar enough to understand that Peter is attracted to her because of her resemblance to Gwen. Also note that that MJ and Gwen were drawn with exactly the same faces in the comics.

2. LizardMan07 Eaten by Lizards

whover gets the role, I really do pity them. Can't see them outdoing Stone's Gwen, and they're going to get a lot of hate from fans because of that. :(

3. Angryfantasyfan Registered

That's actually more on the writers and director than the actress. Peter moving on after Gwen's death and finding love again is an important part of his story. In the same manner as failing to save Gwen, having very different but equally important relationships with different women is something which sets Peter apart from your typical superhero. Properly developed, it will create character growth and story progression.

From the young teens and zealous shippers, definitely. But most people realize one true love, like love at first sight, is a romantic notion which rarely happens in life. I'm sure when Jennifer Aniston and Brad Pitt divorced, no one believed that Pitt-Jolie would become the celebrity couple.

4. sl500jazz chasin' the blues away

A certain demographic (young Stonefield fans) will probably hate on her initially. Then they'll get over it. I pity Sony. The franchise doesn't seem to be doing as well as they would have hoped.

With regards to 'outdoing' or even matching Stone's Gwen, I agree with Angryfantasyfan. At this point, that's mostly up to the writers and director. Woodley's replacement hasn't even been cast yet.

5. WarriorDreamer Registered

So are they not supposed to include any other female characters just because of Emma Stone's Gwen? They can have more than one female character y'know. As mentioned, whoever is writing has the task of making her a likeable character.

6. Visualiza Jimmy Scrambles

I can, since the character didn't even come close to living up to her potential. She was probably this franchise's greatest strength (or rather, her interactions with Peter), but that's not saying much.

7. random_havoc The Golden Guardian

What's with them not picking hotter girls to play MJ?!

Of all the roles Hollywood gives to supermodel looking girls, here's a character that's SUPPOSED to look like a supermodel, and instead so far they've chosen Dunst and Woodley, neither of which is great looking. Makes no sense.

8. Rodrigo90 Wink wink ;)

It's probably because they may think it's too unbelievable for the actors they've chosen as Spider-Man to get with the hot girl? :o

Could you imagine Maguire bagging someone hotter than Dunst?
    Some even think it's unbelievable for Garfield to be seen dating someone like Margot Robbie if she was up for the role.

9. Scarlet Spider Registered

Only with Maguire's uber-nerd version.

With Andrew, if anything... just the opposite. I've often seen people on these boards complain about how he's way too good looking, hot, or cool for the role. :o

I could easily picture Andrew's Peter with the classic 616 bombshell MJ.

10. Rodrigo90 Wink wink ;)

Yeah, I see no issue with Andrew not being this or that enough, that he couldn't bag a bombshell MJ.

If it's wrote in the right way, anything can be made believable. I've seen a lot of gorgeous girls and models date some hideous dudes lol

11. DOBSON10 Custom User Title

1. Mary Elizabeth Winstead
    2. Margot Robbie
    3. Lyndsy Fonseca
    4. Jane Levy
    5. Emma Roberts

Couple actresses on the list I've never seen act before. Amber Heard and Ashley Greene are two of the most beautiful women in Hollywood but I don't think either really fits the role of Mary Jane. Honestly I'd rather see Margot Robbie get a bigger part than just being a love interest, if she's going to be in a superhero movie I'd rather see her get a part where she plays a female hero or villain.

Mary Elizabeth Winstead is pretty much perfect for the role, she's not too old at all IMO. She's a year younger than Garfield and can definitely still pass as a College freshman. Emma Stone seems more mature and looks a tad older to me to be honest. When I first heard Winstead mentioned for the part I didn't care for it because I thought the only thing I had seen her in was that awful Scott Pilgrim movie (which I turned off after about 20 mins when I caught it on TV) but then I realized she was in other movies I had seen, she would be great for the role.

Emma Watson definitely has the look but I left her off my list because I've never seen her act.

12. Wanksta Registered

13. LizardMan07 Eaten by Lizards

Wow guys, wasn't saying to kill all the girls/love interests in the spider-man franchise, was just saying that Stone's Gwen was fantastic, and it's going to be hard to create as authentic of a relationship between the two leads.

Visualisa, wondering how you think Stone's Gwen could have better? Sans sacking Sony, bringing back Raimi and replacing her with Dunst? (Obviously not though, haha)

How much pull does 9gag have Wanksta?

14. Angryfantasyfan Registered

Not Visualiza, but I would have liked for them to have kept Gwen Gwen.

https://twitter.com/SonyPicturesUK/status/454261311212621825

15. DA_Champion Registered

So much for the idiotic fan base railing against Shaileen Woodley !

16. LizardMan07 Eaten by Lizards

Wasn't she pretty wooden in 616? I remember some big discussion about how she didn't get much character development in the comic books.

Regardless, the GA remember movies, not comicbooks, and they'll remember Emma Stone's portrayel of Gwen, and that'll be hard to beat.

I thought she killed it in TFIOS but was a but weak in divergent.

She would have done great as MJ.

17. Angryfantasyfan Registered

The answer to a character that needs to be fleshed out is not abandoning her personality. You might as well call her Gwemma.

People said the same thing about Buffy & Angel. If everyone does their job, we should see Peter in a different relationship with a different character who has a different story arc. the role of the actress who will play Mary Jane is not to out Gwen Emma's Gwen.

18. Wanksta Registered

Lets just say...a good deal.

19. Rodrigo90 Wink wink ;)

If Sony doesn't give fans of Jane what they want, we'll go all Mia on their ass! :p

20. Wanksta Registered

[​IMG]

21. Rodrigo90 Wink wink ;)

Couldn't have said it better myself :D

22. sl500jazz chasin' the blues away

Followed her arc to a tee??? I don't recall Gwen being valedictorian of Midtown High, knowing Peter's secret and helping him fight crime, working at Oscorp, and getting a scholarship for Oxford, etc. Lol.

23. Visualiza Jimmy Scrambles

My sentiments exactly. Seems like even the producers have deluded themselves as much as some of the fans of these movies.

Just like the comics, eh? Keep perpetuating that lie. It will only continue to unravel as more movies are released. As if TASM2 didn't do enough damage to that fallacy, yet some of them still try to maintain otherwise.

"But webshooters." Yeah, we get it. :dry:

24. sl500jazz chasin' the blues away

I'm fine with Sony deviating from the source material a bit to create their own vision for the franchise, but please call a spade a spade. Obviously, they were inspired by 616 Gwen and her tragic story, but her arc was very far from being "followed to a tee". It's a bit frustrating considering that these people should be fairly knowledgeable of the characters and stories that they are adapting.

25. Visualiza Jimmy Scrambles

Hit the nail on the head again. Personally, I'm waiting for the fans to come around. It's as if they can't bring themselves to admit that these movies deviate as much, if not more, than any other adapted superhero property.

I guess it's not enough to like the movie, it has to be embellished as well for some bizarre reason. Comic book street cred, probably. It's more prestigious that way, yo. :o