BvS Adding more and more people to this movie

I really want to be hyped for this movie but my major concern is how many characters and potenial plotlines are crammed into this movie. DC is trying to rush a Justice League movie to try and catch up to Marvel's Cinematic Universe, but I feel like it's a mistake and this movie may suffer for it. We got Superman, Batman, Lex, Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman, maybe doomsday and Brainic, Lois, Alfred, Robin, even General Zod is rumored to be in this (at least his dead body is) which means he could come back to life.

Then there is the possiblity of this movie trying to throw too many easter eggs and references to other DC universe characters that will become distracting. They already have said Joker already exists and Superman knows about him. Thankfully, he is rumored to only be referenced and will not appear in the movie. All these characters alone could make up several movies, but they are cramming all this into one 2 or 3 hour movie. Did Zack not take notes for Spider Man 3 or most recently Amazing Spider Man 2? I am still kinda excited for this but as for now, my excitement is about average. Now if the trailer blows me away, then I will be hyped again LOL.

Most of those characters mentioned hopefully will be small roles. Best thing to stay optimistic about, Batman is in the movie and probably a serious badass. The screenwriter is pretty good too.

Doomsday's not confirmed, unless you believe Devin Faraci...

:barf:

That piece of ****, reporting in anything is not different than any of us saying Doomsday, KG, Corben are in it, maybe or maybe not,

DC should one up Howard the Duck by bringing in Detective Chimp.

DC would one up Howard the Duck by not having anything like that. That cameo was cringe worthy.

I really want to be hyped for this movie but my major concern is how many characters and potenial plotlines are crammed into this movie. DC is trying to rush a Justice League movie to try and catch up to Marvel's Cinematic Universe, but I feel like it's a mistake and this movie may suffer for it. We got Superman, Batman, Lex, Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman, maybe doomsday and Brainic, Lois, Alfred, Robin, even General Zod is rumored to be in this (at least his dead body is) which means he could come back to life.

I'm not really worried.
The main characters will probably be Superman, Batman and Lex. Secondary characters Lois, Alfred and WW and Aquaman, Flash, Cyborg etc are probably just small cameo's leading into the JL movie

Lois Lane is a main character!

Apples and oranges.

Why are you comparing BVS to AOU & CW? You realize AOU & CW each have 8-10 movies under their belts next to BVS' 1? They can stuff their movie with as many characters as they want. More than half of the characters have already been established, several times, and don't need any explaining. They're in the mix and the GA understands that without asking questions. With BVS the GA wants to know more about Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Lex.

That's why people can argue BVS will be stuffed. Before The Avengers were brought together, the Hulk, Iron-Man, Cap and Thor each had their solo movies. Wonder Woman, Batfleck, Aquaman haven't. Simple as that.

Batman needs more explaining? No one in the General Audience knows a damn thing about such an obscure character, huh? But introducing Hulk in the Avengers was fine since he had that one movie (played by a completely different actor) seen by only a fraction of the Avengers audience. Okay. Not to mention Hawkeye, but I guess his 'appearance' in "Thor" had "established" him for the general audience. Lol.

To sam jackson, i'm sorry I upset you, does your computer have a back button? If not scroll up and leave. This was a legitimate concern thread about how they're throwning in all these people not that I care but why people are complaing about this being open still is beyond me. It has views and replies so they'll leave it up. Everybody calm yourselves and reply or don't either way I don't really care.

To sam jackson, i'm sorry I upset you, does your computer have a back button? If not scroll up and leave. This was a legitimate concern thread about how they're throwning in all these people not that I care but why people are complaing about this being open still is beyond me. It has views and replies so they'll leave it up. Everybody calm yourselves and reply or don't either way I don't really care.

It does not.

Also, could you set up my vcr? Many thanks in advance.

Legitimate concern ? Not even. It's just some fans being unnecessarily fearful as usual.

Yeah, I don't think movies are ruined by "too many characters". Usually, movies are ruined by too many subplots.

Notice how nobody said "too many characters" when Holly Hunter/Callan Mulvey joined in non-superhero roles? It always comes up when someone gets cast as a superhero for some reason.

Had Momoa and Fisher joined as random characters and not Aquaman and Cyborg this thread wouldn't exist.

Last edited:
Movies with large casts have been very successful, critically acclaimed and some of the best movies of all time.

Here's how I would see it:

Primary Characters: Superman and Batman

Secondary Characters:
Lois Lane, Wonder Woman, Martha Kent, Perry White, Lex Luthor, General Swanwick and Alfred Pennyworth.

Tertiary Characters: Steve Lombard, Mjr. Carrie Farris and Jenny Jurwich.

Cameos/Flashback Characters: Thomas and Martha Wayne, Aquaman and Cyborg.

The characters of Holly Hunter, Callan Mulvey, Tao Okamoto, Scoot McNairy and Jena Malone have not been confirmed yet. If they were, then they would be in the supporting characters category.

I see BVS in that order in terms of character placement and measuring the roles, each character would play in the film.

Most of the other characters are rumours and unconfirmed fluff.

Last edited:
There will be Major Carrie Farris in the movie, as well.

kD4Zq.gif

She won't.

I'm happy she's back but it's not a relevant character nor a good support character.

The number of characters confirmed to be in the movie are 18 in total.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"