The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Admitting Disappointment

Em Dee

Chasing Spiders
Reaction score
I had a lot of reasons to think this would be the best Spidey/ one of the best CBM's ever. TeeKay's early review, John Campea's sources saying that this was "Spider-Man's Dark Knight", epic footage. I loved everything about the movie release before it came out. So when the reviews came out, and the percentage started sinking lower and lower. I thought the critics didn't know wtf they were talking about. So, a huge mistake happened. I went into the theaters with the same expectations I had back in March. The movie ended and I wanted to love it so much, that I loved it, even though I didn't. I did not want to be disappointed by something I had waited nearly 2 years for, so I didn't. However, after nearly 2 months of thinking it's starting to hit me by how disappointing this movie is. Yes I gave it an 8/10, but I was expecting so much more, I was expecting this to be my favorite CBM ever. But it didn't live up. This is a huge lesson for the future Spidey movies. And that's to lower my expectations, at least until the reviews come in.

I blame TeeKay! :o (I'm kidding! :oldrazz:)

I think everybody was disappointed with the movie, some more than others. Personally, I'm just surprised at the fact that I loved an X-Men movie more than I did a Spider-Man movie, so I guess that counts... maybe?

Interesting..

tumblr_mf91lfcWcx1ruyz4so1_r2_250.gif

I really like this movie, but I can see why people were disappointed. I wouldn't say it was bad though.

Ok, so I face a different kind of disappointment - the cirital response to this film.

I loved the movie. Saw it 6 times at the theater and never got bored. It is my favorite Spidey film. Yet, I read the negative reviews and other comments and it's like those people watched a different movie than I did.

However, this movie is mainting a 7.4 on IMDB so there is a decent majority that loved the movei as well. It's just that darn Rotten Tomatoes score. And those who didn't like the movie, seem to be the most vocal about it throughout the internet. I've never seens so much disdain. Anyway, I loved this movie so much, I wish I could go everywhere and praise it and hear about the awesome scenes I love to talk about. Yet much of it is just a bunch of complaining throughout the internet.

It makes me afraid that they are going to change the feel of the movies again into something worse (for me) to try to get the critical score up.

*I know that feel bro*.

Ya know I think Sony really believed it was their best Spider-man movie. Unfortunately critics did not share that belief.

I think everybody was disappointed with the movie, some more than others.

There we have it.

Personally, I was definitely let down by the film.

I went in expecting the best Spider-Man movie to date, I really did. I came out just... Kinda liking it? A mere 7.0/10, initially. After having seen the movie twice, I'm happy to say I find the film very good, or even great (~8.2/10).

However, I was still dissapointed. Luckily, not the the point of actually disliking it.

Last edited:
I blame TeeKay! :o (I'm kidding! :oldrazz:)

I think everybody was disappointed with the movie, some more than others. Personally, I'm just surprised at the fact that I loved an X-Men movie more than I did a Spider-Man movie, so I guess that counts... maybe?

I wouldn't say that.

It makes me afraid that they are going to change the feel of the movies again into something worse (for me) to try to get the critical score up.
Changes like making a good movie?

If Sony hadn't edited out this movie to death it would've received the positive reviews it deserved along with the box office records they should've expected

This place sounds like a Self-Help forum.

The signs that it was going to be a mess were there very early on. Several of us saw them, voiced our opinions about it, and lets just say things got messy around here for a while :o

I had a feeling this was heading in the wrong direction when Jamie Foxx was interviewed about Electro's back story, and he began talking about Electro's birthday.

The signs were there, guys.

I had a feeling this was heading in the wrong direction when Jamie Foxx was interviewed about Electro's back story, and he began talking about Electro's birthday.

The signs were there, guys.

Yeah, like no offense but they were clear as daylight. The pictures of Foxx on set, his description of Max's backstory, the leaked photos of Giamatti as Rhino. I tried to be optimistic, but the more I saw, the more it got worse, and obvious that it wouldn't be particularly good. Harry as Goblin before Norman was the icing on the cake.

You guys feel the same way I did for Man of Steel. I thought it would be the best CBM ever, gross a billion, critics didn't know what they're talking about, but when I saw it I was disappointed.

Point is, I was right about this film. Accepting this film is a disappointing is the first stage.

Also I blame Teekay too.

1 more to go for the director's cut :D

anyway, don't blame it on teekay. he has no control over the film. sony is just somehow ******ed enough to cut out so many important things in the film even expecting more box office numbers and as a result they got the exact opposite of that.

hopefully with the delay there'll be even more good news

The signs that it was going to be a mess were there very early on. Several of us saw them, voiced our opinions about it, and lets just say things got messy around here for a while :o

After the massive backlash against anyone who didn't say that TASM1 was going to be the BESTEST MOVIE EVER in its leadup, I decided it would be better to avoid this forum in the leadup to TASM2. I thought it might be mediocre, but I never dreamt it would be as bad as it was which is down in Green Lantern territory.

Since I had zero expectations for Green Lantern (and most of the other truly awful comic book films), it is probably my most disappointing since The Last Stand.

the birthday thing before the release was just an exaggeration and the rhino suit before its release was just a prop seeing how awesome the new rhino looks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"