The Winter Soldier Advance Screening Fan/Critic Reactions - CA:TWS - SPOILERS!!!! BEWARE!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So. Curious... Any sign of red skull? Spoil away. I want to know before i go in so i don't get my hopes up.

Nope, he is mentioned briefly when they go through Hydra stuff, but other than that he is not in it.

Razatron-did the moment of when Winter soldier is revealed to steve hit for u and how did the reveal happen?

who is Robert Redfords character revealed to be in the film?

how is the Dr Strange reference incorporated in the film?

WHAT ARE THE FLASHBACKS IN THE FILM?

how is peggy incorporated in the film?

1. The Bucky reveal to Steve was just like in the comic. His mask was ripped off, and Steve says Bucky? And he says "Who the Hell is Bucky?" The reaction of Steve learning it was perfect on Chris Evans part.

2.He is just Alexander Pierce, nobody else.

3. Agent Sitwell from SHIELD, is discussing potential threats, and he says, "It helps us keep people like Bruce Banner, and Steven Strange from being a threat" or something along those lines. It implies he is very much in the universe.

4. The flashback are mainly between Bucky and Steve.

5. Steve visits Peggy, but I won't say more because it was very well done scene.

3. Agent Sitwell from SHIELD, is discussing potential threats, and he says, "It helps us keep people like Bruce Banner, and Steven Strange from being a threat" or something along those lines. It implies he is very much in the universe.

Doesn't he mention someone from Iowa in this part? Any idea who that could be? Or am I just making things up?

What color was quick silvers hair in the credits scene?

Doesn't he mention someone from Iowa in this part? Any idea who that could be? Or am I just making things up?

I don't remember that, but it was all very quick. You could be correct.

What color was quick silvers hair in the credits scene?

The room he was in was dimly lit, but it looked like a mixture of brown/silver to me. You see him running and slamming into walls, and Scarlett Witch smashes some toy blocks she is playing with, it was very cool.

Curious, does Steve ever find out that Coulson is alive and that Fury brought him back?

Honestly, if Steve is still under the dark about it, I feel like there would be a huge plot hole there considering on how open Coulson's activities have been and how almost everyone in the organization is aware of his existence.

Curious, does Steve ever find out that Coulson is alive and that Fury brought him back?

Honestly, if Steve is still under the dark about it, I feel like there would be a huge plot hole there considering on how open Coulson's activities have been and how almost everyone in the organization is aware of his existence.

There is no mention of Coulson at all. Unless it was a blink and you miss it cameo, none of the main characters from Agent's of SHIELD were in it.

With what happens in The Winter Solider, what do you think this does for the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show?

Very good question, given the fact they should be seeing repercussions from it before the end of this season. I honestly have no clue though. Haha

There is no mention of Coulson at all. Unless it was a blink and you miss it cameo, none of the main characters from Agent's of SHIELD were in it.

Bummer to hear that. Honestly, I feel like most the Avengers being still kept in the dark about this, let alone Steve who actually works in the same organization is getting close to matching the same level of disbelief that people must have in order to buy the whole "Glasses on and Glasses Off" disguise that Superman uses.

With what happens in The Winter Solider, what do you think this does for the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show?

Very good question, given the fact they should be seeing repercussions from it before the end of this season. I honestly have no clue though. Haha

I'm actually curious as well on how they're going to go about it. I mean it'd be stupid and dumb, imho, if the show isn't severely affected by the events of this film.

I would imagine they have a plan though, because they were working on the Pilot/series when The Winter Soldier was well underway in production. They just might have to call it EX-Agents of Shield.

thank u for answering my previous questions

how well in your opinion are the arcs and themes of the film done?

how many flashbacks are there in the film? one or two maybe?

how well are the action scenes filmed, is it shaky cam or can u see everything that happens?

So I went to an advanced screening earlier tonight and I must say, it's definitely the best Phase 2 Marvel film so far and one of the best Marvel studios films. Period.

I liked that the Directors focused on making this a film and not just a comic book movie, it really touched on a lot of resonant themes and moral dilemmas that we face today. And the ACTION. This has the most gritty choreographed fight scenes for a comic book movie. Captain America actually fights like you would expect him to in this one. He's an amazing fighter, but also an inspiring human being.

Steve's inner turmoil in this is that he doesn't know his place in the world, and doesn't like the way SHIELD handles situations. Who are the good guys, and who are the bad guys? Shield is morally gray at most time and for a man as geniuine as steve, that doesn't sit well with him.

They give Nick Fury a lot more to do and give him some character development (same goes for Natasha too) and I actually understand him more as a character now in terms of what drives him and why he does what he does.He often is berated in the movies about keeping secrets. In this that's a double edged sword.

Natasha is given a great arc in terms of how she views her identity (or lack thereof) and it's realy great that she brought some genuine vulnerability to that character while being a badass at the same time.

The Winter Soldier (Bucky) is probably given the short end of the stick here. I realize the winter soldier's arc is a really difficult arc to fit into a 2 hour movie, so i'm not going to complain that much. Bucky is pretty much a drone for most of the movie and his dialogue is slightly bland, but I can see they're going to develop his arc in future sequels. Everything about the winter soldier is cool. He's a badass, and steve's equal.

Sam Wilson/ The Falcon was definately a standout character. He had some of the best lines in the film and Anthony Mackie's delivery and charisma is what made me love that character. I'd love to see more of that character.

*Spoilers*

-Definately dig the Ultron references with the A.I that targets threats before they even become one.

-Quick shot of Avengers Tower was awesome.

-The Stephen Strange name drop drove everyone in the theater nuts (in a good way). His movie is definately on the way.

-The after credits scene with Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch was very interesting; We can already see that Quicksilver will be a tortured character and maybe even morally gray, but given the circumstances he's in right now I'd say I'm all for him being a foil for the team.

-Scarlett Witch definately looks interesting but she looks to be very unstable (like the comics) and in a bit of a daze as she levitates these cubes and crushes them.

-We also see that Baron Von Strucker has loki's staff. I see that's going to play a big role in Avengers:Age Of Ultron

Final thoughts:

This definately raises the bar of how a Comic Book Movie should be and frankly Marvel Studios is starting to go back to their roots of Iron Man and make FILMS and not just popcorn flicks. Hope they keep that going.

I think that C:TWS puts Agents of Shield in perspective now and I can't wait to see how the rest of the season plays out.

Glad to see the reviews are staying positive.
Signing off,

do cap and winter soldier respectively have any fight scenes that we have not glimpsed or seen in the trailers?

do they ever explain why winter soldier has a red star on his arm or how he got the name Winter Soldier and what is the explanation(s)?

how is the score of the film?

does winter soldier have any character moments of his own in the film or is he just used for action scenes?

thank u for answering my previous questions

how well in your opinion are the arcs and themes of the film done?

how many flashbacks are there in the film? one or two maybe?

how well are the action scenes filmed, is it shaky cam or can u see everything that happens?

1. The arcs have the largest effect on any Marvel film so far. Captain plays the I don't know who to trust part well. Widow ties up her story arc very nicely with the last scene she is in. Alexander Pierce makes a pretty fair argument for his decisions in the movie, which I felt refreshing for a change. As far as the themes, I had no problems at all, subtle but not in your face, but handled very well.

2. Only maybe 2 of them? One with Hydra, and one with Steve and Bucky.

3. There were a few times that i did feel the camera was a little shaky, but 95% of the time you could see everything clearly.

Peter Sciretta of /Film:

Peter Sciretta ‏@slashfilm 1m
Loved Captain America: Winter Soldier. This movie proves that Marvel Studios can make great movies outside of the superhero "genre".

Eric Goldman of IGN:

Eric Goldman ‏@EricIGN 16m
Captain America: The Winter Soldier is FREAKING EXCELLENT! One of, if not, the best Marvel movies yet.

I know these aren't reviews and the sites already posted theirs, but they're here if people want to read them :)

Just wanna pop in here and say the movie was amazing. As amazing as I was hoping for and I'm already dying to see it again. Lol I'm such an emotional high right now seriously :woot:

do cap and winter soldier respectively have any fight scenes that we have not glimpsed or seen in the trailers?

do they ever explain why winter soldier has a red star on his arm or how he got the name Winter Soldier and what is the explanation(s)?

how is the score of the film?

does winter soldier have any character moments of his own in the film or is he just used for action scenes?

They have two fights scenes, one on the highway, and one on the helicarrier. A lot of the fight bits have not been shown, still plenty to see.

They do not, they say he is of Russian background from Widow, but not much else is said. One of my complaints was that they didn't delve into his history enough. My friend didn't fully understand some of his backstory, and after explaining it to him, I realized the movie wasn't as clear as it could've been.

Score was decent, nothing too memorable for me.

I would say the final battle scene, and the last post credit scene are his best scenes.

Some of your favorite moments or scenes from the film ,i REALLLLY DONT mind spoilers

Just wanna pop in here and say the movie was amazing. As amazing as I was hoping for and I'm already dying to see it again. Lol I'm such an emotional high right now seriously :woot:

Minxie, you are a Sebastian fangirl, just like me.

Give to me straight… will us fangirls be happy with his screentime?

the fight between cap and batroc was badass. Cap's winning and batroc says "I thought captain america was more than a shield" to which cap replies "let's find out." and drops his shield and his helmet and kicks his butt. My god steve was incredible to watch in action this time around.

Some of your favorite moments or scenes from the film ,i REALLLLY DONT mind spoilers

The scene where Fury was in a car chase was really edge of the seat. The highway battle with Winter Soldier and Steve/Widow and Falcon was also great. My favorite scenes were probably when Steve visited Peggy, very well done and emotional, and also Cap's and Winter Soldiers last confrontation,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"