Adventures At Comic-Con (A.K.A. Roadtrip 2)

Scene 26

Our intrepid trio has re-entered Comic-Con and is checking out the displays.

Slag: You know what movie wasn't half assed bad? Fat Albert.

LL: And you're bringing this up now because? :confused:

Slag: I dunno. It just popped into my head as we were walking around.

WE: There's an endorsement. Fat Albert, Slagger says its not half assed bad.

Slag: They should put that on the box. It would increase its rentals.

LL/WE: Sure it would. :rolleyes:

The trio continues walking, when suddenly their interupted.

BAMF

WE: What the? :confused:

Slag: Its that guy who appeared in our van during our last roadtrip.

See TB Friends: The Roadtrip

LL: I thought that was just a drunken vision. :confused:

Spicecrawler: Hello once again my friends.

LL: Is he really there or are we all seeing things? :confused:

SC walks over and punches LL in the gut.

SC: Does that feel real to you?

LL: Dayum boys, he is real.

(thinks to self): And he punches like a girl.

WE: SC, how you doing?

SC: Great. I'm here checking out all the X-Men related stuff.

Slag: Cool, we're checking out the Spider-Man stuff. So far we've meet JMS and Rami.

SC: Ah, so you're the infamous JMS assailants.

WE: Alledged Assailants.

Slag: Yeah, that was us.

SC: Cool, I never liked JMS anyways.

The four continued talking until LL, WE and Slag heard another BAMF and SC was gone.

Hey... HEY.... HEY!!!!! ;)

Inside Info Buddie... You broke the vault...errr.. "bunker".

You crossed the line... THE LINE IS A POINT TO YOU!!!!!

*Good Stuff* ... Punches like a girl... If Spice see's that, he may BAMF you. ;)

So that's what that point is;) .

Arad is still upcoming, still working it out and of course more cameos (including a hottie or two), who knows what TBer's may appear next.

LarryLegend said:
Well I could always kill you off or give you a new prison rommate named Bubba. :eek: ;)

You wouldnt dare.:eek::mad:

LarryLegend said:
Well I could always kill you off or give you a new prison rommate named Bubba. :eek: ;)

:up: Wasn't that scene two from our first road trip????? :mad:

Abaddon said:
Are you calling LL a hack?:eek:

If it walks like a duck... talks like a duck... :)

DAMN!!!! So much for getting the girl in the next episode :eek:

Scene 27

After an eventful day at Comic-Con, our heros have made arrangments to meet with an old friend. They have just entered Gil Kane's Bar where they're meeting acclaimed director, The Guy Who Knows.

LL: Do you see him?

WE: At the back, the table with all the penguins.

LL, WE and Slag walk over to Guy's table.

Guy: Hey fellas, nice to see you again.

Slag/LL/WE: Hey Guy.

Guy: You remember the Penguin Protectorate don't you?

WE: Of course we do.

(thinks to self): I still say the whole Penguin Protectorate is crazy. But hey, Guy's putting me in a movie where I get to makeout with Jessica Biel, so dude could wear a pink bunny suit everywhere for all I care. :up:

Slag (to the penguins): Whazzup fellas. Evening Hector.

(thinks to self): Where's Cuthbert? CPE! CPE! CPE!

LL, WE and Slag sit down.

Guy: So I suppose you know why I called you all here?

WE: You wanted people to drink with?

Guy: Not exactly.

(thinks to self): Of course I asked them here to drink but I need to give a more professional reason than that.

LL: To discuss our little incident with JMS and how it might effect the Guy film?

Guy: Naw, Wilson already talked to you about that. Besides its good for publicity.

Slag: Why did you call us then?

Guy: Well, I just wanted to update you on the film. We'll start shooting in about a month. So far we've planned to shoot in Vancouver, New York, London and Prague and we'll add more locations as we go along.

LL: Cool.

WE: Anything else?

Guy: Yeah, since we've dumped Katie Holmes from the project, I wanted Larry to met Erica Durrance since they'll be working together. One moment please.

Guy gets up and walks out. He returns shortly with a stunning young woman.

Guy: Larry Legend, meet Erica Durrance.

Erica: Hi, Larry. Its great to meet you. I've heard so much about you.

LL stands and walks over. He grabs Erica's hand and kisses it.

LL: The pleasure's all mine.

Slag (thinks to self): Dayum charmer. :mad:

Guy: So you two know the drill. I need you to....

LL and Erica begin to makeout.

Guy: kiss.

(thinks to self): I never have to ask these three twice.

WE: So I guess the three of us will be drinking since Larry is um busy.

Guy: Actually Eagle, I've got a suprise for you too.

A young woman walks up behind WE and places her hands over his eyes.

JB: Guess who?

WE: Jessica.

(thinks to self): I sure hopes its Jessica Biel or I'm in trouble.

JB: None other.

WE and JB embrace and begin to makeout.

Slag: So Guy, any suprise guests for me?

Guy: Nope, sorry Slagger.

Slag: Not again. This is exactly what happened last time. LL and WE get the girls, you and I drink and then you go home and I'm stuck by myself. :mad:

Guy: Yeah about last time sorry about that. I would have stayed longer but I got an urgent call from Cuthbert.

Slag: Was she all right?

Guy: Yeah, she just missed me and wanted me to fly back.

(thinks to self): Who wouldn't fly back for her?

Erica and LL walk back over.

Erica: Guy, Larry's perfect for the part.

LL: Guy, Slag, we're leaving. See you later.

LL and Erica Durrance leave.

Slag: Legend gets the girl again.

(thinks to self): Maybe she'll go crazy and dump him for an older man like the one. Dayum charmer/cupcake wrangler. :mad:

WE and JB walk over.

WE: We're leaving. See you later.

WE and JB leave.

Guy: So I guess we'll be drinking by ourselves.

Guy's phone rings.

Guy: Hello. What? I'll be right there.

Guy jumps up.

Guy: Slag, I hate to do this to you but I have to leave. Its an emergency.

Slag: Sure.

(thinks to self): At least he forgot his credit card so the beer is free.

Author's Note: Slag not getting a girl in this scene has absolutly nothing to do with his comments about me being a hack. Nothing at all. ;)

*sniff*sniff* *wipes away a tear*

I love dirinking with those little tuxedo wearin Pervs. :D

Atleast you're not complaing about not getting the girl, although Misty could return (or Cuthbert or a new hottie)

Scene 28

Its the morning after and Slag is sitting in a booth at the trio's hotel restaurant waiting for WE and LL.

Slag (thinks to self): Lousy no good bums. Off they go, thinking only about their own libidos. They leave me all alone but do they care? No! :mad:

WE enters and walks over to Slag's booth.

WE: Morning brother. How are you this fine morning?

Slag: Don't you call me brother. You abandoned me last night. :mad:

WE: Slag, I'm sorry but come on, Jessica was there and we haven't seen each other since....... (Slag interupts)

Slag: Since the last time you abandoned me to go off with her? :mad:

See TB Friends: The Roadtrip

WE: Well, I was going to say for awhile but yeah.

(thinks to self): It was too long. Too long indeed. :(

Slag: Whatever you say Brutus?

WE: So now I'm a traitor?

Slag: Well, I'm not talking Popeye, buddie.

At this moment, LL walks in and sits down.

LL: Good morning all.

(thinks to self): Erica rocks! :up:

Slag: Ah, here he is Benedict Arnold.

LL (to WE): What's he talking about? :confused:

WE (to LL): He's just mad because you left last night to hook up with Erica and I left last night to hook up with Jessica.

LL: Dude, you and her hooked up again? Sweet.

WE: Thanks but hey its not like you did too bad.

LL and WE high five.

Slag: That's right traitors, go ahead and brag and gloat.

LL: Slag, look we're sorry but it happened. Let's just put this behind us and go back to Comic-Con today.

Slag: Fine! But I'm still mad at you two.

Well, at least there's always hot water in the morning, probably due to Slag having to take so many cold showers :D (except for the Bubba scene :o)

Er ... sorry buddie ... *hic* ... :eek:

Scene 29

Our heros have returned to Comic-Con and are taking in the displays. WE and LL are in high spirits (aww heck, those two are giddy like a pair of school girls). On the opposite side of the spectrum, Slag is still seething with rage.

LL: Man, look at all the cool stuff.

WE: They have everything here. Its fantastic.

LL, WE and Slag stop at a large booth, which contains a comic book store to browse. The sign indicates it is The Black ArchKnight Comic Book Store The owner walks over and extends a greeting.

Donald Thomas: Aloha, True Belivers.

WE/LL: Aloha.

Slag: Hey.

DT: Are you looking for anything in particular today?

LL: Do you have any Spider-Man stuff?

DT: Yes, we do. In fact, we have quite a large selection. Right this way.

DT leads the three to the Spider-Man section.

DT: Here we are. Happy hunting. Remember Spidey Rules with dedicated fans such as yourselves.

WE, LL and Slag begin to browse. WE pulls out a few comics.

WE: Look, he has ASM 135-137. I have got to get these.

LL: Don't you already have them?

WE: Yeah but they involve the Green Goblin. You can never have too much Goblin related items.

Slag: Interesting choice. Fitting that a traitor would choose issues that dealt with betrayal. :mad:

WE: What? :confused:

Slag: Come on, in ASM 135, Harry confirms his long held suspecion that Peter is Spider-Man. ASM 136-137 deal with him donning the Goblin mantle in response to that betrayal.

WE: Look Slag, I just want the issues because their GG related.

LL: Yeah Slag, you know that Eagle loves the GG.

Slag: Its interesting that neither of you deny your betrayals. :mad:

LL: Come on Slag. So WE and I hooked up with some hotties last night and you didn't . It happens. You need to move on.

WE: Yeah, its not like the girls went home with us after they turned you down. I mean its not like when Misty hooked up with you after shoting down Larry.

Slag: Yeah, that's true. Man that was sweet. :up:

LL: Thanks for dredging that up Eagle.

WE: No problem buddy.

(thinks to self): I never get tired of teasing him about that.

Slag: Aww, is Larry still mad over that.

(thinks to self): She choose me Larry, me. I won. Me, the Slagger.

LL: Yeah, yeah, the crazy girl turned down Larry. Give it a break.

Slag: It still kills you doesn't it? I can tell.

LL: Whatever man.

(Thinks to self): Dayum. I still can't believe she picked Slag over me? Why? Why? Why did this happen? :confused:

WE: Well, I'm going to buy these? Are you guys done?

LL: Yeah, I'm going to pick up this TPB of Spider-Man Blue. The last real story about Gwen before JMS published his hatchet job.

Slag: I'm done too.

And with that the three purchase their wares and resume their wandering.

This needs some Beavis and Butthead. And cowbell, it needs more cowbell.

Scene 30

After patching up their differences, WE, LL and Slag decide to attend a talk by John Semper, the Producer/Story Editor of 90's Spider-Man cartoon.

Emcee: Ladies and Gentleman, it gives me great pleasure to introduce John Semper of Spider-Man The Animated Series (SM:TAS) fame. Please put your hands together.

The audience burst into applause.

JS: Thank you, thank you. Its great to be here at Comic-Con. Today, I'm going to discuss SM:TAS. To begin.....

WE gets up and interrupts.

WE: So what's your opinion on the 1960's cartoon?

JS: Well, I'm not really here to talk about that. I'm here to talk about my show, SM:TAS.

WE: Yeah but as a fan, what did you think?

JS: Well, I watched it when it premiered on ABC. At the time, I thought it was much cooler than anything on TV.

WE: Yeah it is great. (WE pauses) Wait a minute, you said "I thought", what's your opinion now?

JS: Well, I must admit, I watched some episodes of that series on VHS before I started work on SM:TAS. Truthfully, I was suprised at how crude it was.

WE: Philistine. :mad:

WE sits down. He's fuming.

JS: Moving right along. Now before I was interupted, I was talking about.......(JS is interupted again).

A young man sitting two rows in front of our heros stands up and begins talking.

Harlekin: What do you think about Spider-Man Unlimited? Its awesome ain't it Dude?

JS: Actually, I thought it was garabge. It was poorly designed, poorly written and poorly conceived. Its just awful.

(thinks to self): Worst series ever!

Harlekin: So were you used as a consultant for Spider-Man Unlimited?

JS: :eek: Good lord, no, of course not. I was "personna non grata" with Avi by then because I had fought with him too much on the previous series.

Slag stands up.

Slag: Way to go. Anybody who fights with Avi has to be all right.

JS: Thanks. Where was I? Oh yeah, Avi wanted to work with story editors who would do what he wanted without conflict, so no Spider-Man Unlimited for me.

(thinks to self): And what did you wind up with Avi, you scumbag? Argueably the worst Spider-Man series ever!!!)

Scene 31

JS: Wow, this has been great so far but we've really gotten off topic everyone. So getting back to my talk, at first I was rejected for the series but then........(JS is interupted)

LL stands up and begins to speak.

LL: So how much did Avi try to dictate what you did on the series? Specifically how much were things guided by the needs of his Toy Company?

JS: Originally Avi Arad intended the series to be one big toy commercial. So when I came onboard to work on the series, I really had to battle against that mentality. Let me tell you, things were quite tense.

LL: So what did you do?

JS: Eventually I convinced Avi that a great show would sell toys better than anything else and that I wanted to make a really great show.

JS (thinks to self): Its always about making as much money as possible with you, isn't Arad. You dayum greedy creep.

LL: Did Avi meddle while the series was being created?

JS: All of the time. All of the time.

(thinks to self): The man was a complete pain in the butt.

LL: How exactly?

JS: It wasn't uncommon to get a call from Avi's people asking me to use a certain character because they were going to be making a toy out of that character. The toyline really affacted what I did.

Slag gets up

Slag: Why in the world did you use Madame Web?

JS: I'll tell you this my friend, Avi was dead set against using Madame Web. However I insisted because I saw a place for her in my big final storyline.

Slag: Hey, I might have done it just to piss off Avi, if I had been in your shoes.

(thinks to self): But its not likely. I mean its one thing to piss off Avi Arad but Madame Web just sucks.

JS: Its funny because they ended up making a Madame Web toy. I have one at home and its one of my most prized possessions.

WE (to LL): Now that's just sad.

LL (to WE): Very sad indeed.

Not suck... Blows... Chunks... BIG CHUNKS!!! Only character that makes Black Crappy look good IMO. At least there, the visual is ummm.... "entertainin" :eek: ;)

TheSlag said:
Like... I'm surprised??? ;)

That's it,no spinoff for you.
mad.gif

Scene 32

Slag: So why the heck was the Kingpin featured so prominantly in your series?

JS: Well, at the time that we did the series, the Kingpin was being used as more of a DD villian than as a Spider-Man villian. But remember, in the 1960's when he was first introduced, the Kingpin was one of Spider-Man's villians.

Slag: Yeah, nice history lesson. Care to answer the question?

JS: I did. Look, I've answered enough questions. I've got a talk to give. Please sit down.

Slag: Fine.

(thinks to self): I'd kick his ass but who really cares about John Semper. Heck most superhero fans don't even know who he is. :mad:

Slag sits down.

JS: Getting back on track. I was not the first choice for this series. However one day out of the blue, I get a phone call from....(JS is interupted, yet again)

LL: So did the proposed James Cameron live action Spider-Man movie interfer with your series? And if so how?

JS: I don't know because I was never considered important enough to read the ultra top secret, sacred holy script, which is otherwise known as the Cameron treatment. Only special people like Avi got to read it. :rolleyes:

LL: I see. Very interesting.

JS: You bet. But let me tell you, I take solace in the fact that its lining a dumpster somewhere or rotting away in a landfill.

LL: Actually its being mocked repeatedly by fans in chatrooms across the Internet.

JS: Sweet. :up:

Scene 33

JS: Well actually its not completly true to say that I don't know how the proposed Cameron film conflicted with my series. In reality, I was forbidden to use Electro and the Sandman because they were the two villians, Cameron was planning to use in his film. When it was clear that the film was a no-go, I used Electro.

LL: Yeah in a totally bastardized manner. :down

JS: Excuse me? :confused:

LL: You made Electro the son of the freaking Red Skull!! :mad:

JS: So?

LL: That's a complete perversion of his character. Pluse he appeared for like two minutes in the episode.

JS: I think we need to agree to disagree and move on.

(thinks to self): What does he know? Electro had like six minutes of screen time in that episode. It was genius to make him the son of the Red Skull. Genuis, I say!

LL: Whatever dude, whatever.

(thinks to self): Wonder if I can kick his ass without starting a riot? Ah, its Semper, who's going to protect him?

LL sits down. JS looks at his watch.

JS: Boy, time is just flying by. Back to my talk. So the series was in a complete shambles when........(JS is interupted).

WE: Why in the world did you introduce the HobGoblin before you introduced the Green Goblin? :bomb:

JS: My fired predecessor's only lasting contribution to the series was his decision to use the HobGoblin over the Green Goblin. As a result of this decision, Avi had decided to introduce a major, very expensive toyline which was centered around the HobGoblin. So we were stuck with using the HobGoblin.

WE: You should have told Avi to piss off and just have introduced the Green Goblin first.

JS: Yeah, maybe. It was just wrong to introduce the HobGoblin first. That original HobGoblin two parter is just a waste of time. It was designed solely to sell toys. I hated it when we wrote it! I hated it when it aired and I hate it now! :mad:

(thinks to self): I hate Arad. I hate him. Always about his bleeping toyline and him making money. :mad:

WE: Hey, it wasn't so bad. I'm just saying that the Green Goblin shoud have been introduced first.

JS: You're too kind, sir. Too kind.

WE: Besides the episodes with the Green Goblin were pretty good.

JS: Thank you. Now back to my talk.

A Comic-Con ex comes up to Semper and whispers something in his ear.

JS: What do you mean I'm out of time? I still have a talk to give.

CCE: Sorry, you're time is up. Not our fault you wasted so much time answering questions.

JS: But I have a talk to give. I have important things to say!

CCE: Sorry, time to go.

JS: This is an outrage. These people butted in worst than Arad. You can't do this to me! :mad:

CCE: Sir, you can leave quietly or security can assist you.

JS: Fine, I'm going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"