BvS After Credit Scene for BvS: Yay or Nay?

Ehhh. I just like the way Batman Begins did it better.

Gordon: Here's this playing card that's totally not sequel bait. :sly:

Batman: I'll look into it. *swoosh*

Cut to title with epic Zimmer music.

I gotta say Batman should have done a better job looking into that considering how things turned out.

forgotten that i voted.
a big ya.

hope to see something like:-
the director asking superman to remove a huge chunk of concrete debris for the shooting crews to go thru.

Not a big fan of mid-credits/post-credits scenes. Overdone for this genre and seriously, what good are they? I'd rather see something unique and clever.

Post credits in the MCU are for the hardcore fans. If DCEU does it I want it to open more to the GA by giving a full2 minute scene that can foreshadow future events or even fill in a blank from the movie just seen. But done in a way that just isn't for the hardcores.

Not a big fan of mid-credits/post-credits scenes. Overdone for this genre and seriously, what good are they? I'd rather see something unique and clever.

I agree, I'm tired of them and they are too associated with Marvel...although the first time I saw one was during At World's End. I want DC to be its own thing and to distinguish itself from comparisons.

Please watch the amazing opening credits montage for Watchmen (here on Vimeo is the best version currently) and tell me you don't think something along these lines wouldn't be just as awesome during the end credits (not after them) for BvS. Of course it would be stylistically different in a lot of ways to match the tone of the film. BvS will have it's own unique overall tone, and the montage would be consistent with whatever that style is.

There are a couple things related to this that lend some reason to believe we might very well see this. They have been widely reported by now and are common knowledge to many, but I will wrap them in spoiler tags out of consideration:

A rumor that was reported about this by Umberto Gonzalez:

Basically, a scoop that this will be featured in the film.

and the EW 'spoiler-ish' article that contains the following discussion of Batman's vision/dream:

The EW article reports that the Flash will appear in Batman's dream vision to deliver a cryptic warning. The article also tells us that there will be other such visions in the film:

While trying to establish this new multi-hero reality, Batman v Superman also warps it a little to foreshadow some of the threats – and potential saviors – who could appear further down the line. Snyder says there’s a kind of A Christmas Carol aspect to these visions. Maybe they’re true glimpses of the future – or maybe they’re warnings.

The film is laced with dream sequences for both Batman and Superman that hint at dangers to come – including the possible appearance of DC’s galactic ultra-villain Darkseid. The Flash (played by Miller) appears in one such nightmare of Bruce Wayne’s, delivering a cryptic message to the Dark Knight.

Fans will have to debate whether it was really a dream, or maybe the kinetic hero breaking through time-space to deliver a warning. Synder calls this “a giant Easter egg” that he hopes will spawn plenty of online theories. “We had such a straightforward narrative, on one hand, I wanted this other layer of the movie to be complicated and bizarre,” he says.
So I think there is a very good chance that the reported end credits montage, if we do indeed get one, will provide (very artistically rendered) glimpses of possible futures that will occur unless action is taken to stop their current trajectory.

I mean, I find this exciting as can be. And it is significantly different than what Marvel has done by showing brief snippet scenes after credits have rolled.

Last edited:
Wow, an extra two minutes added, that is intriguing. I'm hoping for that end credits montage, so I would love it if the two minutes was tacked on there.

Last edited:
Wow, an extra two minutes added, that is intriguing. I'm hoping for that end credits montage, so I would love it the two minutes was tack on there.

I'm hoping this is real, given that it's IMDB for starters. :p

I've always liked the idea of DC doing something like the old Pixar movies, where they are a 'short' that preceeded before each of their movies.

Maybe the scene will only be during the worldwide release and not at the premieres?

I usually stay at the end of these movies anyway, but I kinda doubt anything at the end. We'll see.

I say do it. They are fun. Maybe do the major credits with the theme for a minute or so, then cut to a mid credits scene.

Imagine if Man Of Steel had a Batman teaser after the credits. People would have flipped out.

My problem with the Batman Begins approach, it worked out good for that movie, because it happened to have the perfect ending for such a thing, with Gordon and Batman meeting on the roof, and Batman flies off into the city.

Man Of Steel had a fantastic ending, "Happy to be here." Smile. Cut to "Man Of Steel" and the MoS theme. What if it just cut to black for a second, then cut to a new scene? It wouldn't have been as impactful. If they knew their plans going forward and wanted a teaser, they could have added in a Perry White line like "You working on that story about the Bat vigilante?" Which could have been cool, but I prefer they not feel like they have to shoehorn in a teaser, and feel free to end the movie any way they want.

Who cares if Marvel does it, they aren't the first to do it, and After Credits Scenes are part of the fun of having a shared Cinematic Universe, which TDKT wasn't a part of, so they should take advantage.

Spoiler concerning end credits scene for BVS, from Mexican premier

someone who has proof he saw the movie on DCEUleaks has commented on there being a post credits scene

Last edited:
^ It is tagged, but folks be advised there really is a spoiler there.

I was hoping they wouldn't go for post credits. :(

There's a spoiler here? Damn.. Good thing I didn't scroll up further, thanks rogbgnp for the heads-up.

The spoilers posters, you have a death-wish? Do you want the mods to nuke your asses?

so we can confirm there is an after credit scene?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"