After the credits scene ***SPOILERS***

I think people are getting a little too carried away with the crossover stuff. I very highly doubt that the Hulk will be playing a major role in Thor's movie, or any role at all beyond a minor cameo, at most.

are you serious...this is the first time its been done..and it hasnt been done right...yet...a THOR vs. HULK scene would be the best yet of all the movies and would tie together with the ending of The Incredible HUlk movie.

I'd just prefer to see them save it for Avengers. Thor's movie should be about Thor, not any other major characters. The Hulk didn't pop over to hijack either of Iron Man's movies and I doubt Iron Man's going to show up in Captain America. Let Thor just be about showing the audience who Thor is and what he's about. Hulk/Thor is a fun rivalry, but it's not an integral part of either character.

Actually that's one thing that stays the same in both the Myth and Comic. Mjolnir was MADE to be thrown and return to the thrower, nothing is supposed to be able to stop it from returning to Thor's hand.
Odin had nothing to do with that part of the enchantment, that was the Dwarven magiks. For that matter most of the weapons made from uru that Asgardians own all do the same thing.
Sif has a Bow and Arrows made from Uru. The Arrows return to sif like Mjolnir to Thor.

Are you saying that when she shoots an arrow that hits an enemy, that said arrow then immediately rips out of the victim and flies back to Sif? Does she have to catch it or does it go straight into her quiver??:doh:

I'd just prefer to see them save it for Avengers. Thor's movie should be about Thor, not any other major characters. The Hulk didn't pop over to hijack either of Iron Man's movies and I doubt Iron Man's going to show up in Captain America. Let Thor just be about showing the audience who Thor is and what he's about. Hulk/Thor is a fun rivalry, but it's not an integral part of either character.
Agree 100%

i doubt they will have hulk weld the hammer.

Probably not. The fact that it's been forged my magical dwarven smiths means there's very little the Hulk could do to it even if he wanted to weld it. I don't think Banner's the one to fix it if it's broke. :cwink:

I think people are getting a little too carried away with the crossover stuff. I very highly doubt that the Hulk will be playing a major role in Thor's movie, or any role at all beyond a minor cameo, at most.

Couldn't agree more. These movies aren't comic books. It doesn't make sense for them all to be in eachother's movies.

There's a reason there's not even been mention of the other characters within the actual body of the movie. I wouldn't be surprised if any cameos are reserved for the after credit scenes as an Easter Egg for fans...those references don't matter to the majority of the audience.

Couldn't agree more. These movies aren't comic books. It doesn't make sense for them all to be in eachother's movies.

There's a reason there's not even been mention of the other characters within the actual body of the movie. I wouldn't be surprised if any cameos are reserved for the after credit scenes as an Easter Egg for fans...those references don't matter to the majority of the audience.

All the characters exist in the same Universe, Marvel has stated so, and there's going to be the Avengers movie. Obviously the movie has to first and foremost be about Thor, but the fact is the Hulk exists in the universe of this movie, and so does Tony Stark, and so does Steve Rogers.

Because it's stupid. Why should the Hulk be able to lift Thor's hammer? The only people who want to see that are Hulk fanboys who aren't content with the fact that the Hulk is already portrayed as being stronger than everyone else put together. Not to mention the fact that the Hulk is a moronic savage, so it makes absolutely no sense for him to be worthy, and if you just have him lift it through pure strength, you're effectively pissing all over Thor's magic. Let another character have something special, for crying out loud, or why stop there? Why not hand over Cap's shield to the Hulk and have Tony Stark build a sweet suit of armor for him while you're at it?

Agreed, but I'm guessing you didn't like that Ultimate Avengers animated film so? :oldrazz:

All the characters exist in the same Universe, Marvel has stated so, and there's going to be the Avengers movie. Obviously the movie has to first and foremost be about Thor, but the fact is the Hulk exists in the universe of this movie, and so does Tony Stark, and so does Steve Rogers.

Yeah, they exist there, obviously.

But the individual movies are about that specific characters story. Nick Fury has shown up in Iron Man and Cap's shield makes a brief appearance, but these aren't the Avengers films.

Films need to have a complete different sensibility from the comics...characters aren't going to just pop by because they can and it would be really ridiculous to have Hulk show up in a major way in Thor's film...they got enough story and exposition to deal with without going into that.

Again, those are the sorts of things we'll see in the Avengers.

Agreed, but I'm guessing you didn't like that Ultimate Avengers animated film so? :oldrazz:
Not at all. But I don't like Ultimate anything, so that basically coated the whole viewing experience in a basic level of scorn that prevented me from getting too up-in-arms about that particular scene. I got far more upset at the unmitigated ass-kicking Thor received in Hulk vs. Thor, given that the characters seemed to be based a lot more on the classic versions in that.

Not at all. But I don't like Ultimate anything, so that basically coated the whole viewing experience in a basic level of scorn that prevented me from getting too up-in-arms about that particular scene. I got far more upset at the unmitigated ass-kicking Thor received in Hulk vs. Thor, given that the characters seemed to be based a lot more on the classic versions in that.

I take it Thor in the comics can hold his own pretty well against Hulk?

For a while. They started out on equal footing in the '60s, but over the years the Hulk has won more and more of their fights. But only one or two of their many, many comic fights have been quite as flat-out embarrassing as that fight in Hulk vs. Thor. There was never even a hint of a suggestion that Thor might be able to win in that movie. What's the point of a rivalry if one character completely trounces the other?

For a while. They started out on equal footing in the '60s, but over the years the Hulk has won more and more of their fights. But only one or two of their many, many comic fights have been quite as flat-out embarrassing as that fight in Hulk vs. Thor. There was never even a hint of a suggestion that Thor might be able to win in that movie. What's the point of a rivalry if one character completely trounces the other?

Corp, i've been meaning to ask you.

What moves/action are you hoping is shown in Thor?

Because it's stupid. Why should the Hulk be able to lift Thor's hammer? The only people who want to see that are Hulk fanboys who aren't content with the fact that the Hulk is already portrayed as being stronger than everyone else put together. Not to mention the fact that the Hulk is a moronic savage, so it makes absolutely no sense for him to be worthy, and if you just have him lift it through pure strength, you're effectively pissing all over Thor's magic. Let another character have something special, for crying out loud, or why stop there? Why not hand over Cap's shield to the Hulk and have Tony Stark build a sweet suit of armor for him while you're at it?
Fairly, part of Hulk's charm is that he does things that he just shouldn't be able to do. He does things that can't be done; he thrives when he should die, he breaks things that can't be broken and he lifts things that can't be lifted. So it's not just a matter of "My hero is better than your hero" nonsense; it's just an element of the character.

That said, I generally prefer that the Hulk not lift Thor's hammer, as it devalues the power of the hammer, and there are plenty of other impossible feats for the Hulk to accomplish.

I have to admit that at the time I was guilty of enjoying Hulk -v- Thor, it's hard not to enjoy Hulk in pure rage mode. But it was definitely far too one sided, they were probably trying to pimp the Hulk up to prepare for TIH. I think they are planning on releasing a similar film for Thor before the live action one is released.

Very true, I'm not all that familiar with the older comics but that's one thing I've always heard about, that Hulk for the most part always bests Thor. That's no rivalry. I thought World War Hulk was crazy in the sense that they basically jobbed everyone out to the Hulk.

Amen.....even more aggravating Wolverine fared better!

Saint said:
That said, I generally prefer that the Hulk not lift Thor's hammer, as it devalues the power of the hammer, and there are plenty of other impossible feats for the Hulk to accomplish.

For my money I enjoy seeing The Hulk, and only The Hulk, lifting Thor's hammer, but only just barely, say inches off the ground, and that's it. It should take extreme effort and an all consuming focus of purpose also.

TheFuture said:
Very true, I'm not all that familiar with the older comics but that's one thing I've always heard about, that Hulk for the most part always bests Thor.

or..... a plot device ends the battle before either can claim victory.

Last edited:
Honestly having Hulk pick up Mjolnir is pretty much the STUPIDEST comment I think Ive heard yet. From all of these fanboys and comic advocits you figure having someone pee pee (G rated :)) all over the very essence of Thor and his hammer from the very foundation of his comic book being pretty much is telling me IT IS EXACTLY MY HEROE IS BETTER THEN YOURS

To justify the Hulk picking up Mjolnir is idiotic at its most basic form. Thats like saying "Why should Hulk be the only one that gets stronger the angrier he gets, Thor is strong HE should be able to just keep getting stronger and stronger" or "Stark has a suite why cant THOR have one! Hes apart of the avengers they should all share eachothers stuff ITS ONLY FAIR!"

If you guys had it your way the image of The Avengers would be like 18 yr old girls trying out eachothers clothes before a night out on the town.

I appreciate that you're passionate about showing Thor in a positive light, Nick, but dial back the aggression, please. No need to call people's opinions idiotic or denigrate their tastes because they're different from yours.
Corp, i've been meaning to ask you.

What moves/action are you hoping is shown in Thor?
Just basic stuff, like throwing the hammer and having it return, shooting lightning from the hammer, etc. I try not to get too attached to the idea of seeing anything specific on screen. It's not fair to arbitrarily build up my own expectations of what I want to see and then feel disappointed if Branagh doesn't deliver exactly that, like he's some kind of psychic tuned specifically into my brain during the movie's production. I just want Thor to be generally very impressive and regal and godly when he's got his powers. However Branagh wants to show that is fine, so long as it gets the message that Thor is one of the top powerhouses in the Marvel universe across.
I have to admit that at the time I was guilty of enjoying Hulk -v- Thor, it's hard not to enjoy Hulk in pure rage mode. But it was definitely far too one sided, they were probably trying to pimp the Hulk up to prepare for TIH. I think they are planning on releasing a similar film for Thor before the live action one is released.
Yeah, they're doing an animated movie about Thor's youth called Thor: Tales of Asgard. I'm not really expecting much from it, given that it's the same team who did Hulk vs. But I'm sure I'll wind up buying it anyway just to support Thor.

NickNitro said:
Honestly having Hulk pick up Mjolnir is pretty much the STUPIDEST comment I think Ive heard yet.

I see it as the classic device used thruout lieterature of mortal man challenging the gods.
Mind you I qualify Hulk's ability to lift mjolnir. He can only raise it off the ground after extreme effort, and even then only inches, no weilding or throwing the hammer is possible.

I see it as the classic device used thruout lieterature of mortal man challenging the gods.
Mind you I qualify Hulk's ability to lift mjolnir. He can only raise it off the ground after extreme effort, and even then only inches, no weilding or throwing the hammer is possible.
But that's unnecessary in Thor's case. Thor is all about the relationship between man and god already. Besides which, you could easily just have the Hulk fight Thor to a standstill if you want to show that mortals have the ability to challenge the gods. Having the Hulk lift Mjolnir does literally nothing other than elevate the Hulk at Thor's expense, and no one can argue that the Hulk isn't plenty elevated enough already without that.

I apologize guys for coming off a little brash. Rereading what I wrote it was a little too much. Sorry about that :doh:

Last edited:

Still a horrible idea. Any Thor fan would be totally pissed if that happened because as Nick said it's *****.

You have to be WORTHY to be able to pick up the hammer. It has nothing to do with strength whatsoever.

So please, please, please tell us why you would even want to see this happen?

But that's unnecessary in Thor's case. Thor is all about the relationship between man and god already. Besides which, you could easily just have the Hulk fight Thor to a standstill if you want to show that mortals have the ability to challenge the gods. Having the Hulk lift Mjolnir does literally nothing other than elevate the Hulk at Thor's expense, and no one can argue that the Hulk isn't plenty elevated enough already without that.

Personaly, I don't think ANYONE should be able to lift Mjolnir besides Thor; not Hulk, and not even Superman (even though he did it in that Avengers/JLA crossover). Thor had to prove that he was worthy before he could lift Mjolnir, but other superheroes can just pick it up without a moment's notice? That would belittle Thor and his virtues way too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"