Agatha Christie’s ‘And Then There Were None’

Fallen Angel

Earth Bound
Reaction score
http://deadline.com/2015/09/and-the...agatha-christie-morten-tyldum-fox-1201549866/

20th Century Fox has acquired the feature rights to Agatha Christie’s classic mystery novel And Then There Were None, and the studio has set The Imitation Game‘s Morten Tyldum to direct.

Eric Heisserer will adapt Christie’s 1939 novel, which has sold more than 100 million copies to establish itself as the all-time biggest-selling mystery novel.

The novel follows 10 strangers who are tempted to come to Soldier Island for different reasons. They soon realize they were brought there under false pretenses and are trapped, and are being bumped off one by one for crimes we learn they committed but were never punished for. They begin to realize that the killer is one of the 10.

Tyldum, whose The Imitation Game was a Best Picture Oscar nominee, is now in production on Passengers, the Jon Spaights-scripted science fiction film that stars Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt at Sony. The producers just wrapped the sci-fi thriller Story Of Your Life at Paramount. Pic’s directed by Sicario helmer Denis Villeneuve, and stars Amy Adams, Jeremy Renner and Forest Whitaker.

Me too I read the book a while back.

I can't wait to see who they'll cast for this. I'm sure there will be a few A listers thrown in .

Never read the book, but have heard good things. Wonder who they're eyeing to direct.

You could really pull a Mars Attacks with this and just cast a bunch of A-list stars and watch as they get their number punched in various creative ways.

I see someone figured out how to bold their posts.

:ninja:

This is one of my favorite books ever, and I was just telling someone the other day that it's time for a new adaptation of it. I literally can't wait.

If you haven't read the book, read it now, or don't at all and be surprised for the movie. The choice is yours.

Yeah, I loved this book when I read it. I've been wanting a new adaptation for years now and I'm glad they got a good director to take on the material. It's the go to whodunit.

I wonder if they'll keep the same killer or change it around. I wouldn't necessarily mind that.

I read nearly every Agatha Christie book when I was a kid. I also think we're due for another big-screen adaptation of Murder on the Orient Express.

As for this movie, they'd be stupid to change the story in any major way (like changing the killer or mystery). While many people might already know the ending, there are literally millions of people among the current generation who do not.

That's true, but I would mind them changing some things around to give something new to book readers and movie-goers. Mainly because I just love mysteries and want that feeling of not knowing but I can live with them not changing important aspects. Plus I don't think past adaptations have stayed that true to the book or who the killer was anyway.

Good. I enjoyed Murder on the Orient eXpress and looking forward to Death on the Nile.

I just read ATTWN again and it still holds up. It's the quintessential murder mystery.

-Oh, they are making a new adaptation of "Ten Little Ni..."
-STOP HIM!!!! DONT SAY IT!!!!

Sounds like they will be modernizing it by the “fresh new take” description.

Has the story been modernized before?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"