Age of Ultron or World's Finest

Discussion in 'Misc. Comics Films' started by Human Torch, Jul 21, 2013.

?

Age of Ultron or World's Finest

1. Age of Ultron

2. World's Finest

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. kvz5

kvz5 HBIC

Same here. And I say this as someone who prefers Batman over any of the Avengers.

2. the last son

the last son Well-Known Member

You couldn't pay me to sit through another Marvel movie after Avengers and Iron Man 3. Avengers put every big scene into the trailers, it was comedy first, then action, then whatever else. I went to see it at midnight I was so excited. I almost thought of walking out midway through. The biggest disappointment ever. Iron Man 3 was the last straw. Worlds Finest.

3. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

lol well you know what? I only saw the dark knight once, tried watching it a second time a year ago, and I shut it off. It's a good movie, I just hated it. (though I enjoyed the other two, especially batman begins).....but that's my opinion...

I am way more excited for AoE. I chuckled when I heard of Batman and Superman lol..

the two most iconic on screen DC characters....the hopes is to someday get a justice league movie, but for now, throw the two characters who have made up almost every DC movie together, and "see how it works"...feels a bit, idk, forced, to me. I'll see it, but I am no more excited for that than I am for a random movie I see a trailer of in the theater and say to my buddy, "that looks pretty good."

4. James

James Built from Lego

Well I won't be seeing Superman/Batman, so Age of Ultron gets my vote! :D

5. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member

It is a very sad day when I look forward to an Avengers movie more than to a Batman/Superman movie. I think WB has achieved the impossible.

6. flickchick85

flickchick85 Loose Seal

It pains me to vote Marvel over my beloved Superman, but I had to vote Age of Ultron, because I believe in Joss Whedon a hell of a lot more than David Goyer.

7. Project862006

Project862006 Well-Known Member

i swear people at like whedon is aaron sorkin on SHH and goyer apparently is uwe boll

2 hyperbole's

8. flickchick85

flickchick85 Loose Seal

It's not hyperbole to suggest that one is vastly superior to the other in proven talent. No one said Whedon is the greatest writer ever (neither is Aaron Sorkin, for the record), and no one said Goyer is the worst. But to many, the difference between them and their body of work is pretty big and hard to ignore. To put it plainly, one is what I'd consider to be a bad-to-mediocre writer, and one is what I'd consider to be a very good-to-great one. No hyperbole or exaggeration there, just an honest opinion.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  9. Project862006

just agree to disagree i liked the mos script i liked batman begins script,he wrote the 1st 2 blade films which are well liked and even dark city is a classic film which he wrote

he isn't perfect by any means but i dont think he deserves the venom he gets people on this forum people act like his mos script raped their childhoods with the reaction of him returning

10. flickchick85

flickchick85 Loose Seal

No one's acting like that. We just wanted a better writer, or at least, a genuinely good writer. I was about to write a longer response to this, but then I remembered Boom just articulated everything I wanted to say rather succinctly just this weekend in another thread:

And on the other side of the coin, don't get me started on all the great scripts Joss Whedon has done, both in collaborative efforts AND on his own. Hell, he used to be the guy they called in to touch-up those scripts from guys like Goyer. Forgive me for believing he'd be the one far more likely to make a good movie.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  11. Project862006

but who better than the man who brought superman and batman to the big screen in a modern setting very successfully to write the team up movie

he understands the characters and is a huge comic book fan i am sure they will bring in some other people to touch it up like they did with mos which was a fine script imo

12. CB Fan

CB Fan The Watcher

Goyer isn't that great of a writer and Snyder is pretty uneven so Im looking forward to Age of Ultron more although I am pissed that there will be no Pym and I'm gonna need Whedon to cool it with the jokes in this one the first Avengers had so many that it began to get annoying.

13. flickchick85

flickchick85 Loose Seal

Well like you said, we'll just have to agree to disagree on that, because while I loved MoS since I've been dying to see a Superman that wasn't beholden to the Donner-verse, every single problem I have with it that kept it from being a truly great classic in my eyes goes back to Goyer's mediocre (and too many times, cringe-worthy bad) writing. He was the one failing that held back what should have been - with that cast and those visuals and that music - the undisputed king daddy of 2013. And unless some miracle happens, his script will likely be what holds back this "World's Finest" film from being the iconic milestone of the genre that it should be as well.

I hope you're right in that they'll bring in others to touch it up. I want only great things for this movie, believe me. But until they do, I'm not gonna let myself get too hyped for something that will inevitably lead to crushing disappointment. If Goyer was capable of writing a great script on his own, he would have demonstrated it by now - he's been afforded access to more talent and resources than most screenwriters could ever dream of. He just doesn't have it in him, imo.

14. Ms. Marvel

Ms. Marvel Screwed up Avenger

Age of Ultron because I liked TA more than MOS. I also trust the team behind AoU more than the team behind WF.

15. LibidoLoca

LibidoLoca Sensually Delicious

If World's Finest had Jonah Nolan or someone of similar talent writing it, I would be much more excited.

16. spider-neil

spider-neil spins a web any size!

WF and as you can see from my user name, I'm a Marvel guy.

17. Ms. Marvel

Ms. Marvel Screwed up Avenger

MOS was really good but for some reason I'm not that excited for WF. Probably because I hoped Superman would get a movie to himself next. But they needed to move forward with the DCU so I understand why.

18. spider-neil

spider-neil spins a web any size!

Goyer wrote Dark City? Whoa. LOVE that movie.

19. flickchick85

flickchick85 Loose Seal

Co-wrote it with Alex Proyas and Lem Dobbs (The Limey), based on a story by Proyas.

20. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

Age of Ultron of course!

The other movie has Snyder/Goyer in the creative team, so I have no hope for that.

21. Tony Stark

Tony Stark Armored Avenger!

WF just shows the WB is sticking their finger in the wind looking for a cash grab. I'd rather see a good Superman movie, then have them try to force the Superman/Batman thing down our throat, and yeah, with Goyer writing, I have little hope.

22. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

Age Of Ultron

23. lozzy.94

lozzy.94 Im no Side-Kick

I cant wait to see Batman and Superman finally on screen together but AOU gets my vote because im more of a Marvel fanboy and Ultron is one of my favorite villains.

24. Bruce Malone

Bruce Malone Well-Known Member

Batman and Superman meeting on screen for the first time has so much more importance at least to me and arguably quite a few more others than seeing ultron appear in the Avengers sequel.

I think on that aspect alone more people would be excited?

25. RoboAmish

RoboAmish Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to WF far more, but I have little doubt AoU will turn out to be the better movie and that I will rate it higher, ultimately.