The Winter Soldier Agent 13

Well, she certainly LOOKS like Sharon. Now we'll see if she can pull of the actual character stuff. I do think that Sharon will have a much bigger role in Cap 3. I do hope that that character bio means that we'll at least get to see her fight someone at some point. Also, I wonder how long it will take for Cap to find out who she really is?

Captain America 3 Agent 13 set up for bigger role

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/56531/captain-america-3-agent-13-set-up-for-bigger-role/

captain-america-the-winter-soldier-emily-vancamp-as-agent-13-aka-sharon-carter.jpg

:applaud:applaud:applaud

Not that great news really. All it really reinforces is that Captain America is basically going to be staying a virgin for quite a while ;) .

Yeah but that basically means she will be a minor character in this movie.

Yeah but that basically means she will be a minor character in this movie.

I think they did it because Steve will finally have some closure with Peggy, and the main female protagonist will be Natasha, so there's no room for Sharon to develop as a main love interest. But if she will get a top billing in Cap 3, then I don't mind to wait.

I don't believe that Cap's a virgin, he had to have liberated some French girls in more than one way :hubba

I think they did it because Steve will finally have some closure with Peggy, and the main female protagonist will be Natasha, so there's no room for Sharon to develop as a main love interest. But if she will get a top billing in Cap 3, then I don't mind to wait.

Well, Peggy and Steve getting closure isn't a time consuming plot. At least, it doesn't have to be.

Natasha is female lead.... Though curiously, her past won't be addressed here, and thus one expects her relationship to Winter Soldier doesn't come up.

Honestly, I think Sharon is a backup plan. I think it would have been entirely possible to have Sharon as female lead, even without being his love interest.

And I think the plan is for Natasha to be female lead again in 3, but they're also working out a Black Widow movie, so they're putting Sharon here in case that works out.

Meh, while Feige did say they are working on a Black Widow movie I'll bet it never happens. Sorry buts shes getting plenty of screentime as it is

That's like saying that Cap shouldn't get his own movies because he appears as part on an ensemble in Avengers. One does not automatically preclude the other. Plus, Marvel needs to put it money where it's mouth is in regards to making female-led films and BW is the obvious/easiest one to start with.

I don't believe that Cap's a virgin, he had to have liberated some French girls in more than one way :hubba
From the way that he talked and acted in TFA, I seriously doubt that that happened.

Well, Peggy and Steve getting closure isn't a time consuming plot. At least, it doesn't have to be.

Natasha is female lead.... Though curiously, her past won't be addressed here, and thus one expects her relationship to Winter Soldier doesn't come up.

Honestly, I think Sharon is a backup plan. I think it would have been entirely possible to have Sharon as female lead, even without being his love interest.

And I think the plan is for Natasha to be female lead again in 3, but they're also working out a Black Widow movie, so they're putting Sharon here in case that works out.

I do wonder if Natasha will be the female lead in Cap3 (assuming she doesn't get a movie). Natasha and Tony were the only two Avengers who had met previously, and they barely even spoke to one another in The Avengers. In A:AoU, I'm pretty sure that Joss will be more focused on Natasha's relationship with Clint. A relationship between Steve and Natasha in Cap2 isn't necessarily indicative of future interactions.

I guess it will depend on whether Marvel announces a female led movie (any female led movie) and the tone of Cap3 (can't see them retreading the political thriller angle, where it made sense to have a heavy SHIELD presence.) The directors might also want to 'return to the character's roots (like IM3) in the final installment, and that might mean getting rid of characters that aren't really a part of the Captain America family (and in the comics, Natasha has only ever been part of that through her relationship with Bucky).

I do wonder if Natasha will be the female lead in Cap3 (assuming she doesn't get a movie). Natasha and Tony were the only two Avengers who had met previously, and they barely even spoke to one another in The Avengers. In A:AoU, I'm pretty sure that Joss will be more focused on Natasha's relationship with Clint. A relationship between Steve and Natasha in Cap2 isn't necessarily indicative of future interactions.

It'd be pretty weird to build up a relationship between Tasha and Steve in CATWS, even if it's closer to friendship than romance, and then have Joss turn right around and ditch it. I could see a jealousy triangle breaking out between Steve and Clint over Natasha, however. That might be a good opportunity to bring out the snarky wiseass side of Clint from the comics, and make him more "canon" than the fairly lifeless automaton we saw in "The Avengers."

It'd be pretty weird to build up a relationship between Tasha and Steve in CATWS, even if it's closer to friendship than romance, and then have Joss turn right around and ditch it. I could see a jealousy triangle breaking out between Steve and Clint over Natasha, however. That might be a good opportunity to bring out the snarky wiseass side of Clint from the comics, and make him more "canon" than the fairly lifeless automaton we saw in "The Avengers."

Hello everyone — lurker who finally decided to jump in.

I agree with cherokeesam that Joss might have to ignore bits of the canon subplots to bring characters further into "canon" form.

If Joss tasked me with blocking out character progressions separate from the plot, the first that I would focus on would be between Widow and Cap.

The reason I might ignore the fandom red-alerts would be that the dynamic between Cap's morally centered compass and Widow's skewed sense of morality would be far too enticing to pass up. That could lead down several paths obviously, but there seems to be some chemistry between Evans and Johansson that's hard to ignore. That doesn't mean that it has to be romantic, but I would find it shocking if it wasn't exploited in the remaining Cap and Avengers installments. That gives Joss a lot of interesting places to stir the pot, and potentially twist the knife that he often references.

If that got the greenlight, the next place I would go would be building tension between Hawkeye/Cap/Bucky/Carter. These professionals don't have time for relationships, but that doesn't mean tensions and feelings have to be suppressed. Something is going to have to stir some inner conflict between the group again and isolated secondary stories make more sense than a wholesale conflict amongst themselves (again). Maybe they're going Civil War, but I think the Cap vs. Tony break would have to be rushed if it was all going to take place in an Ultron story. That's a big character arc to hit all the necessary points needed in order for the story to feel natural and not rushed.

My two cents.

Hello everyone — lurker who finally decided to jump in.

I agree with cherokeesam that Joss might have to ignore bits of the canon subplots to bring characters further into "canon" form.

If Joss tasked me with blocking out character progressions separate from the plot, the first that I would focus on would be between Widow and Cap.

The reason I might ignore the fandom red-alerts would be that the dynamic between Cap's morally centered compass and Widow's skewed sense of morality would be far too enticing to pass up. That could lead down several paths obviously, but there seems to be some chemistry between Evans and Johansson that's hard to ignore. That doesn't mean that it has to be romantic, but I would find it shocking if it wasn't exploited in the remaining Cap and Avengers installments. That gives Joss a lot of interesting places to stir the pot, and potentially twist the knife that he often references.

If that got the greenlight, the next place I would go would be building tension between Hawkeye/Cap/Bucky/Carter. These professionals don't have time for relationships, but that doesn't mean tensions and feelings have to be suppressed. Something is going to have to stir some inner conflict between the group again and isolated secondary stories make more sense than a wholesale conflict amongst themselves (again). Maybe they're going Civil War, but I think the Cap vs. Tony break would have to be rushed if it was all going to take place in an Ultron story. That's a big character arc to hit all the necessary points needed in order for the story to feel natural and not rushed.

My two cents.

Though it's true those two have great chemistry onscreen, not so much when playing each other's love interest...seriously, it's painful to watch them pretend to be in love with each other.

I think the fact that they've known each other for over a decade shows both when playing friends allies (to their favour) and when playing lovers (since their real-life friendship might make them feel akward :/)

Geez, you're relentlessly negative.

There's no reason to think that Sharon's presence is anything other than what they say, a buildup for future appearances. Marvel Studios has the scope of production to engage in that kind of planning.

That's like saying that Cap shouldn't get his own movies because he appears as part on an ensemble in Avengers. One does not automatically preclude the other. Plus, Marvel needs to put it money where it's mouth is in regards to making female-led films and BW is the obvious/easiest one to start with.

No it isnt the same. Black widow and Hawkeye are not at the same level as Cap, IM, Thor, and Hulk. Avengers membership is tiered....

Heck, they also have the Scarlet Witch as a potential contender to fill in the "LI Role" for CA if they are that desperate for CA to have a LI/Partner that's part of the group.

No it isnt the same. Black widow and Hawkeye are not at the same level as Cap, IM, Thor, and Hulk. Avengers membership is tiered....

Agreed; but then again, there's "Ant-Man." So......

Heck, they also have the Scarlet Witch as a potential contender to fill in the "LI Role" for CA if they are that desperate for CA to have a LI/Partner that's part of the group.

He hasn't even met Wanda yet. We don't know if there's going to be any "chemistry" there at all, or even any plans for it. With Natasha, we've got history building between the two of them, and even the trailers and set-shots are planting the seeds for a relationship there.

Steve and Natasha make sense. Bad girl seeks redemption from good boy. It's as straightforward a love story as you can get; and I strongly doubt the general audiences would resist it nearly as much as the Natasha-Clint and Natasha-Bucky shippers here in Fanland.

I guess it will depend on whether Marvel announces a female led movie (any female led movie) and the tone of Cap3 (can't see them retreading the political thriller angle, where it made sense to have a heavy SHIELD presence.) The directors might also want to 'return to the character's roots (like IM3) in the final installment, and that might mean getting rid of characters that aren't really a part of the Captain America family (and in the comics, Natasha has only ever been part of that through her relationship with Bucky).

Well, the movie is already said to feature a lot of teamup with Steve and Natasha. That, even more than Steve and Bucky, or Steve and Sam, is the dynamic that has been so highly touted in interviews with all people concerned.

Natasha has been more a part of team Bucky in the comics, as you say, but they are making her the most important figure in Steve's life for the movies.

It isn't like Iron Man where Natasha is featured but doesn't really get integrated, so her absence in 3 is manageable.

Geez, you're relentlessly negative.

There's no reason to think that Sharon's presence is anything other than what they say, a buildup for future appearances. Marvel Studios has the scope of production to engage in that kind of planning.

Nothing builds up characters for bigger roles than starting out with sizable roles, which all indicate Sharon's role is not.

Sharon has been part of Steve's supporting cast for decades. She's a member of SHIELD, which features heavily in this movie.

There isn't a good reason for her to start so small, unless they're not fully committed to using her.

Since I find Sharon boring her lower profile in the MCU is perfectly fine with me. One problem for the writers is that Steve Rogers hasn't had a stellar love life in the comics so they've changed things up and created a stronger love interest for him in Peggy Carter. The Iron Man franchise did the same thing, choosing to adapt Pepper Potts as Tony Stark's love interest over a slew of lesser characters they could have used, despite the fact that they hadn't been lovers in the comics. It seems Sharon will have her day, but I think it would be interesting if the writers made her a modern-day parallel to Peggy in that she and Steve never really go on to have a full-blown relationship.

I could see a jealousy triangle breaking out between Steve and Clint over Natasha

I can see Clint getting jealous; he's always been pretty aware of his lack of powers and his 'outdated' weapon. He might not be happy that Natasha has built a strong friendship with a living legend, and get worried about being replaced.

However, I don't think Joss will throw over the Natasha and Clint dynamic in favor of a Natasha and Steve one (note that I am referring to strong platonic relationships here, as opposed to romantic ones). For one, it seems like the latter is pretty well explored in Cap2, whereas Natasha/Clint was only touched upon in TA. Furthermore, considering the whole Natasha/Clint as partners in master assassination was Joss's idea, I don't think he'd want to throw that over for Natasha/Steve, which was a Feige suggestion. Not to mention, Natasha is currently Clint's only real connection to the rest of the MCU. He's the Avenger everyone knows and cares the least about. Making Natasha the permanent female lead in another guy's franchise will only isolate him further.

I wish they will have a TV shot that puts some spotlight on Sharon, but maybe her scenes are so small that they'd give away everything in one spot.

I hope if anything, that we get to see Sharon at least appear as a guest on "Agents of SHIELD", should they have a season 2.

I feel like it would be our "only way" at the moment to see more of her character for the remainder of Phase 2 since I doubt that we'll see her on film again until the third Captain America film.

Given on how some of the writers and filmmakers keep referring on how Sharon represents the possibility of having a future within the modern day world that it implies that she'll have a much bigger role within Steve's life within the near future, especially if she's allowed to have a more substantial role in the next Captain America film.

If they're not planning on making Black Widow into Steve's new leading Lady, and if Sharon is received well (even though she most likely has little to do in this film), that they'll think about expanding her role in future films and allow her to have a more substantial presence in Steve's life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"