Venom Agent Venom in the Sony/Spider-verse. How would you pitch it?

eon001

Sidekick
Reaction score
I would probably wait till the 3rd Venom movie to have the symbiote separate from Eddie and attach itself to a a wheel chair bound Flash Thompson (Or a Flash Thompson equivalent as marvel already have they own Flash).

If astronaut Jameson is still alive, he could bond to the the symbiote and become Sony's version of Agent Venom.

How would you pitch Agent Venom in the Sony/Spider-verse?

It will be another mistake. Venom symbiote having zero connection to Spider-Man won't fit that take on Project: Rebirth for the prequel to Agent Venom, and Flash is not a Spider-Man fan in Homecoming.

It will be another mistake. Venom symbiote having zero connection to Spider-Man won't fit that take on Project: Rebirth for the prequel to Agent Venom, and Flash is not a Spider-Man fan in Homecoming.

Try and think of this thread as a thought experiment. Don't think like a fan, think like a screen writer that's been given millions of dollars to introduce a version of Agent Venom into the Sony-verse. You don't have to follow the comic books (Heck even the MCU has taken liberties from the source material).

Try and think of this thread as a thought experiment. Don't think like a fan, think like a screen writer that's been given millions of dollars to introduce a version of Agent Venom into the Sony-verse. You don't have to follow the comic books (Heck even the MCU has taken liberties from the source material).
It's difficult to do so, I apologize. Be certain that you will see more posts like that one.

Venom and Eddie apparently form a kinship of sorts here, and SWAT know that, so the military get their hands on this info to make this combination a team player, and try to tame the symbiote from eating people and keep it more in check.

It's difficult to do so, I apologize. Be certain that you will see more posts like that one.
Yea I've been on forums long enough expect it. Don't worry.. ;) Trying to keep this light and fun.

*My initial idea is to have the government catch up with Venom in the 3rd film and actually succeed in separating him from the Eddie.
*Eddie is committed to a mental institute because the separation anxiety from the symbiote has driven him a bit nutty. (similar to the comics)
*Cut to astronaut Jameson waking up from the crash in hospital without the use of his legs.
*Government approaches him about an experimental procedure involving the bonding of a symbiote to Jameson.

We also leave room for Anti Venom to bond with Eddie. Hardy can keep getting a pay cheque and face off against Agent Venom at some point.

Not book accurate but more like a spiritual adaptation of the Agent Venom arc.

Last edited:
I wouldn't do Agent Venom. I think Anti-Venom would be more likely.

I'd go for the simpler solution of Brock taking on that persona. Agent Venom is just going even more literal with a gun-toting Spawn.

Won't be a popular opinion, but I'd probably consider using Tony Revolori's Flash. The way I see it:

Venom (2018)
Far From Home (2019)
Venom 2: Maximum Carnage (2020)
Spider-Man threequel (2021)
Venom 3: Agent Venom (2022)

Revolori will be 26+ by the time this hypothetical post-Carnage Venom threequel would release. NO ONE here knows what that dude will be like in 5 or 6 years. I think of jake gyllenhaal (for instance). He may make a great young veteran amputee.

Anyway, I'd probably focus on Flash/Flash equivalent for the early parts in the film. Utilizing the Venom symbiote for short tactical missions. Perhaps taking out Jack o Lantern or some other Spidey-verse villain. I'd also cut in some Hardy, whether he is down on his luck or just living life Venom-free. Then I would have Venom begin to take control and Flash lose control. Eddie has to take down Venom with Anti-Venom suit.

That's all I got, but I think it could be done well.

I would probably wait till the 3rd Venom movie to have the symbiote separate from Eddie and attach itself to a a wheel chair bound Flash Thompson (Or a Flash Thompson equivalent as marvel already have they own Flash).

If astronaut Jameson is still alive, he could bond to the the symbiote and become Sony's version of Agent Venom.

How would you pitch Agent Venom in the Sony/Spider-verse?

I'd keep it simple. Some huge threat appears like the Xenophage. Venom can take them one-on-one, but several appear and Venom is soon being hunted by them. In the mean time, Eddie has met Flash via a story that Eddie's reporting, and the symbiote deems Flash a worthy ally. The symbiote reproduces and both Venom and Agent Venom make a stand against the Xenophage.

The only issue with Agent Venom, is that they have established Venom as a full fledged character. That makes some of the various new host stories a tad more difficult to adapt.

The only issue with Agent Venom, is that they have established Venom as a full fledged character. That makes some of the various new host stories a tad more difficult to adapt.
I get what you mean but it could also be a better dramatic set up if used right.

I think an Agent Venom movie should be uplifting and inspirational, and for that it needs a brief Spider-Man cameo. Yeah, you could say "Replace Spider-Man with some guy Flash looked up to/a comicbook character he loved" but it WON'T have the same emotional impact even if you replace Flash with Jameson like eon0001 said.
I'd make it like Robocop merged with Black Hawk Down and Upgrade, focusing on a demoralized Flash regaining hope and the symbiote learning to be a hero.

I think an Agent Venom movie should be uplifting and inspirational, and for that it needs a brief Spider-Man cameo. Yeah, you could say "Replace Spider-Man with some guy Flash looked up to/a comicbook character he loved" but it WON'T have the same emotional impact even if you replace Flash with Jameson like eon0001 said.
I'd make it like Robocop merged with Black Hawk Down and Upgrade, focusing on a demoralized Flash regaining hope and the symbiote learning to be a hero.
Maybe it's just me but I've never thought of Agent Venom as uplifting or inspirational. If anything it was a wish fulfillment fantasy about a soldier turned black ops merc.

I'm all for seeing Spiderman in this, but if he never appears in the Sony-verse, I can't see why they can't portray Flash as a well meaning virtuous Iraq vet that's lost his legs and just want's to help people. Same with Jameson. Some men are just good people. They don't all need to be inspired by a superhero. Look at Steve Rogers. Pre serum he was just a nice kid that hated bullies and wanted to protect people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"