Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 4x05 - "Lockup" - Discussion Thread

Silvermoon

Made To Be Ruled
Reaction score
Synopsis:
GHOST RIDER’S THIRST FOR VENGEANCE WILL DESTROY THE TEAM, ON ABC’S ‘MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.’

“Lockup” – As Robbie Reyes struggles to control The Ghost Rider, S.H.I.E.L.D. infiltrates a high-security prison to unravel the secrets that haunt them all, on “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” TUESDAY, OCTOBER 25 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EDT), on the ABC Television Network.

"Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." stars Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Chloe Bennet as Daisy Johnson, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons and Henry Simmons as Agent Alphonso “Mack” MacKenzie.

Guest starring are Jason O’Mara as Director Jeffrey Mace, Gabriel Luna as Robbie Reyes, Parminder Nagra as Senator Nadeer, Maximilian Osinski as Agent Davis, Patrick Cavanaugh as Burrows, Jose Zuniga as Eli Morrow, Kerr Smith as Joseph Bauer, James Edson as Warden Green, Ricardo Walker as Agent Prince, Sky Soleil as corrections officer, Rolando Molina as Santino, Brandon Keener as Harlan, Jermaine Jacox as ferocious watchdog, Lilli Birdsell as Lucy Bauer, Ward Roberts as Hugo, Usman Ally as Vincent and Devin Barry as producer.

”Lockup” was written by Nora Zuckerman & Lilla Zuckerman and directed by Kate Woods.

Promo:

https://youtu.be/Ec29weBQ_VM

They just mentioned the Powerful Darkhold!!!

For those that don't know, the Darkhold is a mystical book that grants readers unimaginable power from the God Eating Demogorge (related to Atum).

In the 90's, a detective group made up of psychics, powerful magicians, and police sought to find the Darkhold book and they were part of the Midnight Sons, alongside the Nightstalkers (Blade, Hannibal King, Werewolf by Night, Drake), Morbius, Dr. Strange, and most importantly, the Spirits of Vengeance: Johnny Blaze and Danny Ketch.

This is all great news for Ghost Rider fans!

Oh my God Daisy whistling at them was so cringey.

yeah the bad guys are right there, they see you, no need to call their attention

and with her powers, couldn't she easily launch all those tables at them to quickly stop them?

I'm really getting tired of The Daisy Show

yeah the bad guys are right there, they see you, no need to call their attention

and with her powers, couldn't she easily launch all those tables at them to quickly stop them?

I'm really getting tired of The Daisy Show

well, it has been the Daisy Show since the very beginning, but she got even more focus after she got her Quake powers.

Any word from the Emmy committee about them going ahead and giving that actress the award in advance for her performance in the intro?

Taco Tuesday? Is that a DP Easter egg?

Mace outing himself is pretty interesting.

Also, this Ghost Rider is so much better than either Cage version.

So is Mace really a bad dude or just manipulated by Senator *******?

Ghost Rider is by far the best thing to come out of AoS.
I didn't understand anything about the Vienna thing with Mace. Is that supposed to be a mystery?

Man, sounds like I missed another great show!

Ghost Rider is by far the best thing to come out of AoS.
I didn't understand anything about the Vienna thing with Mace. Is that supposed to be a mystery?

I think the implication is that he really didn't save anyone during the UN bombing and that it was all just for a PR hit.

I think the implication is that he really didn't save anyone during the UN bombing and that it was all just for a PR hit.

Or perhaps he isn't actually an inhuman? He could be a super soldier instead. Or an old LMD.

EDIT: since Simmons was also the only one to easily see through Aida, the LMD thing would make sense to tie in with this season's storyline and it would make sense why she is the only one who called him out on not telling the truth.

Last edited:
Or perhaps he isn't actually an inhuman? He could be a super soldier instead. Or an old LMD.

EDIT: since Simmons was also the only one to easily see through Aida, the LMD thing would make sense to tie in with this season's storyline and it would make sense why she is the only one who called him out on not telling the truth.

I'm with you saying he's a LMD. Called that back when he was introduced. Guessing Jemma saw pics of him at the 1st Stark Expo. Glad to see Daisy wasn't the 100% center but disappointed in their evolution of her powers. She has a gift but it harms her whenever she uses it. I don't recall any other inhumans having negative side effects to using their abilities. Just seems like a contrived way to save a buck on their special effects budget.

It was cool that they found the Darkhold at Johnny Blaze place. There was a motorcycle and leather jacket like the ones belonging to Blaze and a Quentin Carnival poster. Nice Easter egg for Blaze Ghost Rider fans.

Daisy's suicidal jail fight was stupid.

Mace is an Inhuman. When he meets with Senator Nadeer he specifically says she gave him no option but to tell the truth. But he is hiding something about Zemo's bombing of the Vienna International Centre. Something dirty enough to make him a puppet on Nadeer's strings.

Yeah, I am enjoying Reyes' Ghost Rider. He lets his anger get the best of him in regards to vengeance more often than not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"