Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 5x01/5x02 - "Orientation" (P1 & P2) - Discussion Thread

Silvermoon

Made To Be Ruled
Reaction score
Too early to put this up or no?

Synopsis:
COULSON AND THE TEAM ARE LOST IN SPACE, ON THE TWO-HOUR SEASON PREMIERE OF ABC’S ‘MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.’

“Orientation (Part One)”/“Orientation (Part Two)” – Coulson and the team find themselves stranded on a mysterious ship in outer space, and that’s just the beginning of the nightmare to come, when “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” returns for its highly anticipated fifth season with a special two-hour premiere, FRIDAY, DEC. 1 (8:00-10:01 p.m. EST), on The ABC Television Network, streaming and on demand.

“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” stars Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Chloe Bennet as Daisy Johnson, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons, Henry Simmons as Agent Alphonso “Mack” MacKenzie and Natalia Cordova-Buckley as Elena “Yo-Yo” Rodriguez.

Guest starring in “Orientation (Part One)” are Jeff Ward as Deke, Joel Stoffer as Enoch, Jordan Preston as driver, Peter Hulne as Jerry, John Wusah as young soldier, Deniz Akdeniz as Virgil, Nathin Butler as Jones and Derek Mears as captain.

Guest starring in “Orientation (Part Two)” are Jeff Ward as Deke, Eve Harlow as Tess, Dominic Rains as Kasius, Florence Faivre as Sinara, Paul Duna as Reese, Kaleti Williams as Zev, Pruitt Taylor Vince as Grill, James Babson as Holt, Tunisha Hubbard as Ava, Derek Mears as captain, Wes Armstrong as Rick and Jay Hunter as watch commander.

“Orientation (Part One)” was written by Jed Whedon & Maurissa Tancharoen and directed by Jesse Bochco.

“Orientation (Part Two)” was written by DJ Doyle and directed by David Solomon.
S5 Promo:

https://youtu.be/8PkEY2-E5-8

Premiere Sneak Peek:

https://youtu.be/oYDcnWPAhYY

[YT]oYDcnWPAhYY[/YT]

Derek Mears is in the second episode? Cool.

Looks like they're ready to go out with a bang.

I wonder who the poor man's Star lord guy is....

Looks good but is going to be a long 34h until it starts tomorrow. Hopefully since this is likely to be the end of SHIELD, they will tie it all back in with Avengers IW, and go out with a bang.

The 17 minute preview was more interesting than I thought it would be. I'm actually really curious about the new direction and how it will tie into Infinity Wars (if at all).

Anyone know this song?

ETA: After the very intriguing beginning, things have gotten very intense.

Last edited:
If this really is the last season, I think it's fitting that it ends now what with Phase 3 dwindling down after IW.
Still would be sad though.

Oh crap, is Yo-Yo losing her hands like in the comics?

Wow, even speculating that, I was still caught by surprise.

As Marty would say, “Wo, this is heavy!”:woot:

I think this is a alternate timeline, the future of Earth and humanity if Thanos wins.

sharknadoes *snorts*

Well....will she be in trouble for helping him....or will they see the truth?

Very doubtful Daisy did it, especially since she has been removed from the timeline which would have reversed it.

Very doubtful Daisy did it, especially since she has been removed from the timeline which would have reversed it.

Unless she goes back and does it.

I mean, I don't think she caused it (or, at least, it's not so clear-cut), but I don't buy the idea that merely exiting the timestream some time prior to it occurring has any greater effect than taking a nap on stopping it unless you don't come back until after it's solved.

This was a really really great episode. CGI was impressive also. Bravo AOS team!

Unless she goes back and does it.

I mean, I don't think she caused it (or, at least, it's not so clear-cut), but I don't buy the idea that merely exiting the timestream some time prior to it occurring has any greater effect than taking a nap on stopping it unless you don't come back until after it's solved.

Yeah I guess time travel can be tricky that way. I still think it is connected to Infinite War somehow.

I hate time travel/alternate timeline stories. This is going to be tough to get through.

Also...let me be the first to theorize that the world was torn apart by Graviton.

My Shield is back I couldn't be more happy as ive always said the best damn show on television.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"