Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 5x01/5x02 - "Orientation" (P1 & P2) - Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' started by Silvermoon, Nov 16, 2017.

1. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

Hmmm. Well if we are talking Alternate universes... This seemingly hints at that Infinity War will have a second timeline.

Remember when Scarlet Witch looked into the Mind gem and saw Earth get destroyed? Maybe there is a different timeline where Ultron succeeded, or where Thanos wins

2. Starcat

Starcat Well-Known Member

The fifth season is off to a great start. Putting them in space and in the future shakes things up big time, but the characters are still awesome in how they deal with stuff.

3. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I found these episodes a bit boring to be honest. Sure there is some intrigue, but are they going to have the whole season set in the future in space? Or will they have three arcs like last season?

I don't find these Kree very interesting. They also all look like Yondu without his fin. Was he meant to be one?

This feels a bit like Snowpiercer.

4. X-Ray

X-Ray Ippiki-ookami

Back to the Future 2. Somehow Fitz has concluded that they were sent into the future and is now working on bringing them home. I think we'll get a Fitz episode starting from when he was left behind at the diner to the moment that he writes that post card. He is currently SHIELD in present time. He has that bald guy and his tact team to track down to get answers. Don't think they made the trip with Coulson and the gang.

5. Mike Murdock

Mike Murdock Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, aren't around where? The station? Probably because they were on the Earth when it blew up.

6. Dark Raven

Maybe Galactus ate the planet, and AOS are building to a storyline just in time for Disney to bring the FF home.

7. SPO2 Dalisay

SPO2 Dalisay Vigilante

Yondu is a Centaurian, mentioned by Lady Sif as one of many races with blue skin in her Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. appearance.

Given how the Kree guards seemed depowered compared to the others who stood up to an Asgardian's blows. Perhaps Deke is the unreliable narrator and giving us fragmentary evidence. We might have a mix of blue races on the station. In any event after Ragnarok the protectors of earth are no longer in position and the scavengers ponced to pick up the spoils.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  8. tbg

tbg Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if the alien bugs or whatever are just a mcguffin to kill off when needed or whether they tie into the plot overall. I liked the way the show jumped in but seemed a little too busy for someone to grasp everything given that they have a new location/time in addition to new people.

9. ImSGirl95

ImSGirl95 Doreen Green

Appereantly,
    Episode 5 will be that episode. Same as the Jemma-centered 5th episode of Season 3

10. Steyin

Steyin Bidding you ADIEU!

I feel like this season is going to be excruciating to get through. I already can't stand the new characters and the plot. Stupid situations and choices made after 2 eps. At least the writers are being meta by acknowledging certain aspects of the show that fans have complained/ranted about, such as Fitz & Simmons always ending up separated and put through the ringer.

I'd wager that this is a possible timeline where earth was destroyed by Thanos. No mention or knowledge of the Avengers due to the Kree wiping out all info on them so that humans have no hope. Shield would seem too small of a blip to matter about wiping them out from the history books. In all honesty, I'm more curious as to how this might tie to Captain Marvel, but I doubt it will.

11. Silvermoon

Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

I believe they've already confirmed that the season will be broken up into different arc groups like last season was (can't remember if they said if there would be two or three). I'd be surprised if they remained in space for the entire season.

12. Guard82

Guard82 Well-Known Member

Wow, I was blown away by the season premiere! I did not expect the team to be transported all the way into the future! We all knew they were in space, but the twist that they are 90 years in the future in a post-apocalyptic alternate timeline was quite shocking.

Seeing the remnants of humanity struggling to survive on a giant space station while the remains of Earth hover nearby was definitely a mind-blowing revelation. And it's neat that we're seeing lots more of the Kree this season as villains.

I got a lot of laughs from Mack's comments about alien movies. And I also laughed hard when Coulson, after being questioned why he no longer had his high-tech prosthetic hand full of weapons, said, "Hey, first of all, I'm not Inspector Gadget!" LOL :)

13. Dark Raven

That's what I feel too. I want them to get over this plot as quickly as possible. I simply don't find it interesting at all.

14. scarlet-witch

scarlet-witch Heart of Fire

That's how I felt with the Framework plot last season, I really hope this arc doesn't feel the same.

15. Random490

Random490 Well-Known Member

I agree. Love the twist and predicament but the whole having to pretend to part of an alternate society has been done and I'm not a fan of those kinds of stories. Always seem to feel like filler, the framework had the twists, re-imaginings, and returning character to make it fun for long time viewers. This, not so much.

16. legendkillin

legendkillin Well-Known Member

Just watching the episode now. I doubt the MCU is trusting or spoiling any future movies especially IWs by giving a story to AoS.

Hoping the movie Kree's are better designed and acted.